• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

In Romans 12:1 we learn that it is our proper duty to become a living sacrifice to God. (Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. KJV) And then if we ever get anyone to understand that idea for life they complain,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I agree! True points that needed to be said in these days of apostasy with the wishy-washy fence riders and the 'mush gospel.' Thanks for having the courage to do so.

But it seems that we have a full line-up of Heretical Teachers today and even though the scripture is crystal clear to the Saved Man as to what is to be taught and what the narrow path is, when we teach this lesson outside the Church Building we are told to shut up and don't teach that stuff, it is divisive!

For example?..I doubt seriously it's ever been much of a problem.

PaulT,

I don't want to offend you but if it isn't a problem for a man then he isn't offending Satan. If I teach living a holy life or if I teach salvation I am rebuked.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

But it seems that we have a full line-up of Heretical Teachers today and even though the scripture is crystal clear to the Saved Man as to what is to be taught and what the narrow path is, when we teach this lesson outside the Church Building we are told to shut up and don't teach that stuff, it is divisive!

PaulT,

I don't want to offend you but if it isn't a problem for a man then he isn't offending Satan. If I teach living a holy life or if I teach salvation I am rebuked.

Just curious, Bill....are you holiness pentecostal?

PaulT,

Just curious, Bill....are you holiness pentecostal?

As I answer I'll try to explain, call me on it if I miss the mark, please. No, I'm a Christian that attends and teaches in the Southern Baptist Convention. I have a rather large problem with the Holiness Movement as it has been explained to me by some of it's followers and teachers. i.e. To be in the Movement you must believe that you never sin again, making the Word of God to be a lie.

What I teach is directly from the scriptures, in context with the rest of the Bible! I teach that Rom. 12:1 means just what it says and that if we are daily indwelt with the Holy Spirit that the Holy Spirit will lead us into Holiness. We may still push the Spirit aside and sin but we will never plan to sin again and as soon as we are prodded by the Spirit, we will fall on our faces in repentance.

I hope that helps, God bless.

PaulT,

Okay, let's try again. Example, please?

Okay, what portion of my answer did you not learn to understand in school?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

First, I agree that our faith is presently becoming waned and watered down to please people instead of God. But to say that the Great Commission

First, I agree that our faith is presently becoming waned and watered down to please people instead of God. But to say that the Great Commission

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,

that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable,

and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1-2

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart:

for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... But it seems that we have a full line-up of Heretical Teachers today and even though the scripture is crystal clear to the Saved Man as to what is to be taught and what the narrow path is, when we teach this lesson outside the Church Building we are told to shut up and don't teach that stuff, it is divisive!....

United They'll Stand

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you:

and ye shall be hated of all nations

for my name's sake. Matthew 24:9

United We'll Rejoice

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders:

and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power,

and riches, and wisdom, and strength,

and honour, and glory,

and blessing. Revelation 5:11-12

Bless The Holy Name Of Jesus!