Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Question regarding the 3 1/2 years of great tribulation which Christ spoke of, says that the end times will be shortened for the elects sake or no flesh will be saved. Does this mean God is going to intervene before the 3.5 years of great tribulation ends. Meaning that the great tribulation is not going to last 3.5 years or it could mean that God is going to rapture the Church before the end of the 3.5 years while Gods wrath is poured out on the Anti-Christ and his followers. Whats your take?

Mat 24:21-22 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. (22) And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Ever have a day that just seemed to fly by, not knowing where the day went? I believe this is what is meant. God seemed very specific about the number of days to not mean it.

Ever have a day that just seemed to fly by, not knowing where the day went? I believe this is what is meant. God seemed very specific about the number of days to not mean it.

Yeah I have heard that before, but I don't think he was speaking in terms of imagination. It says that God will have to cut the time short before all flesh is destroyed. It sounds more literal then imaginary. I don't know how making the time seem shorter in the mind saves lives. I know on days that seem to fly by are the days I got the most done and the days I did nothing kind of creeped by. I would have to assume Jesus is not speaking figuratively. lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Yeah I have heard that before, but I don't think he was speaking in terms of imagination. It says that God will have to cut the time short before all flesh is destroyed. It sounds more literal then imaginary. I don't know how making the time seem shorter in the mind saves lives. I know on days that seem to fly by are the days I got the most done and the days I did nothing kind of creeped by. I would have to assume Jesus is not speaking figuratively. lol

Think about it a little more. Is it imagination when time seems to fly by or is reality that we have been so busy to not realize the time? When God says 1,260 days, being specific with the number, I believe Him. I do believe there is another meaning beside the number of days.

Think about it a little more. Is it imagination when time seems to fly by or is reality that we have been so busy to not realize the time? When God says 1,260 days, being specific with the number, I believe Him. I do believe there is another meaning beside the number of days.

Yeah I don't know right now. I have a hard time believing he is referring to some figmentational short time. There has to be a better explanation.

It could mean that somewhere in the midst of those 3.5 years God intervenes...possibly raptures the church while the world continues in total annihilation. Maybe this happens just prior to the Wrath of God in which believers are not sujected to. So cutting the time short for the elect sake but not for the world.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

could be 1260 days, BUT each day is shorter, the world spinning just slightly faster. not out of the realm of possibility.

could be 1260 days, BUT each day is shorter, the world spinning just slightly faster. not out of the realm of possibility.

I think it sounds more like God is going to intervene in the later part of the tribulation on behalf of believers and say enough is enough I am getting my people out of there.

Mat 24:21-22 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be. (22) And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Revelation says that after the last of the seven trumpets the bowls of wrath begin. The scriptures also say that we will be taken at the last trumpet. So taken into the clouds to meet with our Lord and then the wrath begins below. Believers are not subject to the wrath of God.

Could it mean the days that an extreme threat is occurring will be cut short.ie.God will subdue the aggressors before everyone is killed.Sounds like global destruction is possible if God does not intervene.( no flesh be saved )

Makes the most sense.

Question regarding the 3 1/2 years of great tribulation which Christ spoke of, says that the end times will be shortened for the elects sake or no flesh will be saved. Does this mean God is going to intervene before the 3.5 years of great tribulation ends. Meaning that the great tribulation is not going to last 3.5 years or it could mean that God is going to rapture the Church before the end of the 3.5 years while Gods wrath is poured out on the Anti-Christ and his followers. Whats your take?

Couldn't it be that Jesus is simply reassuring the true believers that as bad as it gets, all is not lost? In the end, He will be there to lead them to safety?

Cutting the days short could simply be another way of saying, "I'm putting an end to the tribulation".

It could mean that somewhere in the midst of those 3.5 years God intervenes...possibly raptures the church while the world continues in total annihilation. Maybe this happens just prior to the Wrath of God in which believers are not sujected to. So cutting the time short for the elect sake but not for the world.

If you'll notice verse 22 states that "no flesh would be saved". That would seem to indicate the days are shortened for everyone.

(22) And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.