fromIslam2Christ

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Very mixed emotions..... there are some people who can't get out that it might be a blessing to. There may be people who would learn of the Lord and be saved, and it would be hard to put it down.

I think I'd have to know a lot more about the people who join it to make a judgment.

It would not be for me personally, but I've learned over the years that it's not right to impose my paradigm on others.

I can see some benefits for a segment of society like housebound people where this could be a real blessing. I've enjoyed lots of sermons online but it wasn't the same as being able to participate with real live people. However, like you if it is a blessing to a group of unreached people then it's not a bad thing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I would think that baptism is a hands on physical thing. As Otherone mentioned there are so many who cannot get out of their homes, those with many types of disabilities so an online congregation fits the bill pretty well. I personally join others around the world in a small congregation online, the teacher not only teaches to the physical congregation but to those online as well, theres a 'chat' room for those online to speak to one another and we are able to ask questions and get them answered. Some of us just don't have the option of getting out to a building.

So how do those who insist that baptism is required for salvation deal with this very issue?

I have no idea you would have to ask that of someone else.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I would think that baptism is a hands on physical thing. As Otherone mentioned there are so many who cannot get out of their homes, those with many types of disabilities so an online congregation fits the bill pretty well. I personally join others around the world in a small congregation online, the teacher not only teaches to the physical congregation but to those online as well, theres a 'chat' room for those online to speak to one another and we are able to ask questions and get them answered. Some of us just don't have the option of getting out to a building.

So how do those who insist that baptism is required for salvation deal with this very issue?

Parker, the Church of Christ that I grew up in until I was about 17 would find a way. Bath tubs, rivers swimming pools. I've witnessed a baptism in a therapy tub in a hospital where they used a hoist to get the person in the water and just lowered him under the water. There are almost always some way to accomplish it. i am aware of at least two people who died before we managed to get them dunked into the water and our elders informed me sadly that they could not enter heaven.

Well, at least the Mormons get baptized for the dead.

btw, I left the church of Christ over those two incidents. It just tore me up inside to think that God could do something like that. Spent about a hear and a half in total rebellion before I figured out that it was my church I detested instead of God. i am so lucky He is so patient with us or else he should have just killed me on the spot for some of the shenanigans i pulled during that time period.

I'm not familiar with this cyber chruch or how they do things, but since you asked, I really want to know myself. If you find out first let us know.

This is the only thing I can find on line:

BAPTISM I'd like to be baptized. Is this possible on-line through Alpha Church?

To be baptized on-line you will need two baptized Christians to stand beside you to witness and support your baptism event. E-mail Rev. Walker with your request for baptism and the names of your two witness/support persons. Rev. Walker will process your request and set up an on-line baptism service especially for you. Baptism is a Holy Sacrament of the church. You may want to learn more about the Sacrament of Baptism (and, Church Membership) before participating in this Holy ceremony. Alpha Church can set up a Baptism/Church Membership class for you to participate in prior to your Baptism. <A href="mailto:contact@alphachurch.org?subject=Baptism">E-mail Rev. Walker and let her know of your desire to be Baptized.

My question was a sincere one, other one, not an attempt to start strife or ridicule anyone. Just wanted you to know that. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,214
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Parker, the Church of Christ that I grew up in until I was about 17 would find a way. Bath tubs, rivers swimming pools. I've witnessed a baptism in a therapy tub in a hospital where they used a hoist to get the person in the water and just lowered him under the water. There are almost always some way to accomplish it. i am aware of at least two people who died before we managed to get them dunked into the water and our elders informed me sadly that they could not enter heaven.

Well, at least the Mormons get baptized for the dead.

btw, I left the church of Christ over those two incidents. It just tore me up inside to think that God could do something like that. Spent about a hear and a half in total rebellion before I figured out that it was my church I detested instead of God. i am so lucky He is so patient with us or else he should have just killed me on the spot for some of the shenanigans i pulled during that time period.

I'm not familiar with this cyber chruch or how they do things, but since you asked, I really want to know myself. If you find out first let us know.

This is the only thing I can find on line:

BAPTISM I'd like to be baptized. Is this possible on-line through Alpha Church?

To be baptized on-line you will need two baptized Christians to stand beside you to witness and support your baptism event. E-mail Rev. Walker with your request for baptism and the names of your two witness/support persons. Rev. Walker will process your request and set up an on-line baptism service especially for you. Baptism is a Holy Sacrament of the church. You may want to learn more about the Sacrament of Baptism (and, Church Membership) before participating in this Holy ceremony. Alpha Church can set up a Baptism/Church Membership class for you to participate in prior to your Baptism. <A href="mailto:contact@alphachurch.org?subject=Baptism">E-mail Rev. Walker and let her know of your desire to be Baptized.

My question was a sincere one, other one, not an attempt to start strife or ridicule anyone. Just wanted you to know that. :emot-highfive:

I didn't take it that way Parker. I'm sorry I didn't put my post more clear. I was just trying to explain that there is always a way. I'm not one of those who think baptism is what saves you. I was just sharing my early life experiences among some who do.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What do you mean? It's a legitimate question that has been answered, by the way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,214
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I must admit that I had the same thought as Parker,Mizz. I spent some time on thier site trying to find out. I wanted to know if they were really physically dunking people...... I'm not into sprinkling, but it sounded like they could be doing either. I don't think I want to write them and askthough

Edited by other one

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I have just thought of people living in countries where Christianity is forbidden.

There was this Pakistani lady, Esther Gulshan you can google youtube for her testimony), who couldn't attend a church because it would be risking death and resorted to baptizing herself in her bathtub... Her daughter was killed as retaliation to her conversion, and she went through unimaginable pain and suffering because she had become Christian but there was no Christian authority or structure or church to help her.

I think in that kind of case, having an online church may keep Christians in fellowship and in the Spirit of Christ... yes.

My own cousin who is a closet Christian back in my home country would benefit greatly from having an online church... Come to think of it.. :b:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have just thought of people living in countries where Christianity is forbidden.

There was this Pakistani lady, Esther Gulshan you can google youtube for her testimony), who couldn't attend a church because it would be risking death and resorted to baptizing herself in her bathtub... Her daughter was killed as retaliation to her conversion, and she went through unimaginable pain and suffering because she had become Christian but there was no Christian authority or structure or church to help her.

I think in that kind of case, having an online church may keep Christians in fellowship and in the Spirit of Christ... yes.

My own cousin who is a closet Christian back in my home country would benefit greatly from having an online church... Come to think of it.. :b:

I didn't even think of closed countries. In that case it is definitely a wonderful ministry.

What in the world is a closet Christian?

I'm sorry, but when I read that...the first thought that came to mind was to keep the candle hidden.

If this was said concerning someone who could not come out and live their faith among those who would not tolerate this...well,...did not Jesus say this would happen? Are we to hide in fear, or...procalim the Gospel to those who don't know, regrardless of the dangers involved?

I apologize if I'm getting off the topic, it's just that phrase, closet Christian, kind of threw me for a loop.

God bless yall,

Randal

And I do thank you for your "bearing" with me.

What in the world is a closet Christian?

The One Who Prays

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6

Before They Lose Their Head For Jesus

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Luke 12:3-5

Praying For All Believers Especially For Those Who Live Under The "Mercy" Of The Islamic

May God Save The Muslim

And Bless Israel

In Jesus

Amen!