Guest power2u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

The bottom line: Those who preach or teach that anything that Christ did while He walked this earth, has ceased is expounding false doctrine. Christ said that all believers will do all things He did. That should end the matter right there. I would suggest that those who are caught up in that false doctrine do an indepth study of The Bible, throw away all the books they have on the subject, and ask The Holy Spirit to show you in The Scriptures that we will be able to do all things He did. That's what I did when there didn't seem to be any way to resolve it between the proponents of both sides, and I came to know The Truth. I know it's The Truth because it is written in The Bible, and confirmed by The Holy Spirit.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

The bottom line: Those who preach or teach that anything that Christ did while He walked this earth, has ceased is expounding false doctrine. Christ said that all believers will do all things He did. That should end the matter right there. I would suggest that those who are caught up in that false doctrine do an indepth study of The Bible, throw away all the books they have on the subject, and ask The Holy Spirit to show you in The Scriptures that we will be able to do all things He did. That's what I did when there didn't seem to be any way to resolve it between the proponents of both sides, and I came to know The Truth. I know it's The Truth because it is written in The Bible, and confirmed by The Holy Spirit.

Amen brother

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The sound of wind and the tongues like fire never appear again in Scripture

Hmmm.

I do remember of a group of Believers in what was Antioch meeting together some years ago and tongues of fire appearing above their heads...and I have heard of many instances of a sound of wind as the Spirit of G-d moves upon some gatherings. I have no reason to doubt these stories so I bear them in mind...but I don't think one can catagorically assert that tongues of fire and the sound of wind will never again accompany the presence of the Holy Ghost.

Have you ever read "Like a Mighty Wind" by Mel Tari? He was from Indonesia, E. Timor I think. His account was from the 1970's. He accounted for many miricales. Even walking on water.

LT

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

When I ministered in Nuevitas, Cuba at an underground pastors conference one evening, I was asked to pray for the head of their Youth Conference for the whole denomination. I asked the other pastors to blow on this pastor as a significance of the wind of the Holy Spirit. (This was way before Benny Hinn did such things.) The doors and windows were closed, and they don't have air condition.

The wind of the Holy Spirit blew into the room as soon as they did. We were all stunned and in awe of the Presence of God there in that room. Many mighty things were birthed there that evening.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Have you ever read "Like a Mighty Wind" by Mel Tari? He was from Indonesia, E. Timor I think. His account was from the 1970's. He accounted for many miricales. Even walking on water.

LT

Hi Larry...I read it ages ago. In those days our Pastor was over in Indonesia I believe with Mel Tari and played a tape to us where you could hear the peoples voices rise as the Holy Spirit moved over them in their thousands...it was an awesome sound.

G-d is not limited in what He can do through His Church by the power of the Holy Spirit...Hallelujah. :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Wow guys, get a grip=the quote "the rushing winds and tongues of fire never appeared again IN SCRIPTURE" is still truth. -no mention of it in any other baptism in the Spirit that was written down in the Book. No one is saying it can never happen now. Sheeesh!

Point taken...I apologize I assumed wrongly. :laugh:

Check out the word sheesh in a dictionary though.

LT

Hi Larry...I read it ages ago. In those days our Pastor was over in Indonesia I believe with Mel Tari and played a tape to us where you could hear the peoples voices rise as the Holy Spirit moved over them in their thousands...it was an awesome sound.

G-d is not limited in what He can do through His Church by the power of the Holy Spirit...Hallelujah. :blink:

I read it a while back too. Have you heard what has been happening in E. Timor lately? The muslims have been slaughtering the christians there almost as bad as in Sudan. We don't hear about that though. I am glad that our God soes take notice though.

LT

Yes I have heard snippets Larry...the fanatical face of Islam is hideous to behold...but bit by bit G-d is breaking down their spiritual strongholds in spite of the many martyrdoms around the world.

We have started dozens of Churches in the last year in the Middle-East including Egypt,Syria and Iraq and are seeing Moslems turning to Messiah with great rejoicing.

In Algeria 6,000 Moslems per annum are becoming Christians.

Yes I have heard snippets Larry...the fanatical face of Islam is hideous to behold...but bit by bit G-d is breaking down their spiritual strongholds in spite of the many martyrdoms around the world.

We have started dozens of Churches in the last year in the Middle-East including Egypt,Syria and Iraq and are seeing Moslems turning to Messiah with great rejoicing.

In Algeria 6,000 Moslems per annum are becoming Christians.

Ps 116:15  Precious in the sight of the LORD [is] the death of his saints.

All through history the times of great martyrs fueled the fires of revival in that many repented and turned to the Lord.

LT