~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I am appreciating all your input. This is a very confusing subject for me and I'm hoping that the Lord will shed light on the truth of the issue through some of your posts which I believe is happening now. Bless you all. :wub:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I am appreciating all your input. This is a very confusing subject for me and I'm hoping that the Lord will shed light on the truth of the issue through some of your posts which I believe is happening now. Bless you all. :wub:

Stay on your medication for now. Study The Word. Fast and Pray. Grow in your relationship with Christ. Continue to seek Godly council.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I met with my pastor last night. He was hinting at me going off my medication and conquering these "demons" in the name of Jesus Christ. He didn't advise me to go off the medication, but was hinting at it. So I guess that left me a little confused. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever happened to me was demonic and it scared me so much that I curled up in a little ball and screamed and cried. But now after meeting with the pastor I'm confused about whether or not I should be taking the medication or not again. I'm sorry, I'm going in circles here with my questions about this and I apologize. I know that I cannot fight this with my own power. I know that these were demons and they scared the daylights out of me. But I don't want to be a coward. I don't want to be afraid of them. But I am. So do I fight them off with a pill or do I fight them with the word of God? The pastor said as soon as I yell the name of Jesus Christ in these attacks they will be gone. But I don't know if I can do that. I'm too afraid.

I believe satan is indeed tormenting your mind. I don't think God would mind you taking pills for the pain in your mind any more than he would mind if you took a pain medicine to help with a headache, cramps or any other kind of pain. Fear is paralyzing, I know, I've been through so much fear and anxiety and major depression episodes. I am glad to have some medicine to take that puts gives me relief. And also, to know that the word of God is true, and God is not the author of fear.

I pray that you will find delliverance from these attacks of satan. He is a liar, remember that!!!!!! You can take your medicine and still claim your healing through the blood of Jesus. DO NOT SUDDENLY GO OFF YOUR MEDS! I don't believe you are demon possessed, you are a child of God whom the devil is attacking however he can. So don't be afraid. Did you know that God loves us no matter what? If we're on pills or off pills. As for people saying you "have to deal with these demons", remember many christians take medicine for diabetes, heart trouble, high blood pressure. These are possibly caused by demons (or not) just like these attacks you have had. Why do they take medicine instead of "dealing with their demons?" Like they are telling you to do. See? It's just another way of the devil attacking you...to try to put guilt on you as well as everything else you feel. Praying for you!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

I met with my pastor last night. He was hinting at me going off my medication and conquering these "demons" in the name of Jesus Christ. He didn't advise me to go off the medication, but was hinting at it. So I guess that left me a little confused. There is no doubt in my mind that whatever happened to me was demonic and it scared me so much that I curled up in a little ball and screamed and cried. But now after meeting with the pastor I'm confused about whether or not I should be taking the medication or not again. I'm sorry, I'm going in circles here with my questions about this and I apologize. I know that I cannot fight this with my own power. I know that these were demons and they scared the daylights out of me. But I don't want to be a coward. I don't want to be afraid of them. But I am. So do I fight them off with a pill or do I fight them with the word of God? The pastor said as soon as I yell the name of Jesus Christ in these attacks they will be gone. But I don't know if I can do that. I'm too afraid.

Sis, first off :emot-hug: .

I want to ask you about the bold part... what makes you believe that it is either/or? Can we fight with the word of God while on medication for illness? I believe we can!

I remember we have previously spoken about choosing our battles wisely. Seek the Lord as much as you can, and ask Him for wisdom and guidance. If He is not asking you to cope with this illness without medication, then it would only be exhausting (and potentially unsafe, unhealthy and unwise!) to try.

If you truly believe He is asking you to do that, then we can stand with you in prayer.

But I also remember you saying that you feel condemned for taking the medication, but that this condemnation wasn't coming from the Lord. So I guess I am wondering... what is motivating you to come off the meds.. is it because the Lord has asked and you are responding, or is it because you feel this condemnation?

Remember that all the worldly wisdom can't come anywhere near the wisdom of the Lord that He promises to give to those who ask (a promise He gives us in James 1).

God bless,

Candice

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

The meds mask the demonic activity. They help the person seem to live a more normal life, but they also keep the person from being delivered.

Rubbish. You're not qualified to say, either.

You know what my qualifications are?

Glad to know that you think you know so much about me.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Perhaps we can get back to helping ~Shalhevet~ rather than trying to win a debate? :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Trouble is everyone is convinced that they are right.

Unless you have a direct word from the Lord, please be careful about stating what is and is not.

OK?

....I'm confused about whether or not I should be taking the medication or not again. I'm sorry, I'm going in circles here with my questions about this and I apologize. I know that I cannot fight this with my own power. I know that these were demons and they scared the daylights out of me. But I don't want to be a coward. I don't want to be afraid of them. But I am. So do I fight them off with a pill or do I fight them with the word of God? The pastor said as soon as I yell the name of Jesus Christ in these attacks they will be gone. But I don't know if I can do that. I'm too afraid.....

Praying!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Praying for you as well Shalhevet, may the good Lord guide you through your storm. Surrender yourself to the Lord and he will lead you to truth and peace. And if he can reach you through a demon, he can reach you through meds as well:>) Yes, there are times in life where meds are required, for sure, don't feel weak just because you need them right now. Your God is a mighty God girl...

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I do understand that this issue is very controversial. Do I feel condemned for taking the meds? I didn't until I met with that pastor. There is a battle going on and it keeps going in circles. I am questioning every move I make with medicine and therapy. I am so afraid that something I do God won't approve of. Does that make sense? I have to stop going in circles and I do apologize if I've confused and frustrated any of you. I just want Gods work in me and not my own. And right now I cant tell if I'm fighting with God or stinky pants (Satan).

My husband was scared of my worst episode. He told me to go on the medicine.

I'm sorry this has been all about me. This is very selfish of me to talk about myself all the time. I need to move on and away from all this. The hidden cause is robbing me of joy. I need to move on.

Bless you all.