• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now that it's over, what are your thoughts?

Some friends from my church were there, and they said that the key theme was repentance and returning to God.

A lot of prayers went up throughout the rally. (My friends regarded them as Christian prayers.)

They sang "God Bless America", "The National Anthem," "Amazing Grace," and a whole bunch of other like songs.

At one point, whoever was leading on stage at the time made mention of how the VietNam vets never received a proper welcome home and asked all VietNam vets to raise their hands. After hands were raised the speaker spoke a big, "Welcome home!" and thanked them for their service. The audience cheered like crazy for them.

The attitude was the most courteous any of them had experienced by such a large group - none of the expected pushing and shoving to get off and on the metro (which is normal with a jam-packed crowd like it was), people in wheelchairs were assisted and given the right-of-way, etc. They even cleaned up all their trash and left the place less of a mess than when they arrived!

These were the points I recalled.

Oh, don't forget to read George Whitten's news feature

Anyone else?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It had a lot to do with the caliber of persons who attended. You can read anything you want into that statement.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I watched part of it on U Stream and thought it was pretty good. I was impressed at how clean the grounds were after it was over. It was nice to see after all of the garbage that was left after the inauguration. smile.gif

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am waiting to see where Glen goes with this ...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I watched some of it on Fox News and it felt kind of humanistic to me.

My concern is that once again we Christians have placed our Hope in another false god. This time it's Glenn Becks god of Mormonism. :blink:

I didn't see anything about repentance on any of the video's I saw.

There's something about all of this that is bothering me. It's kind of fuzzy and warm, and don't get me wrong, I like the fact that it was peaceful and focused, but it isn't what is going to Save this Nation, IMO. :blink:

peace,

Dave

OK, Dave -

This is what I'm not getting.

I trust your discernment.

I also trust the discernment of these others.

So why are you discerning different things and coming to different conclusions?

:crazy:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

When there is a conflict that can not be resolved within the parties that are involved, it is usually because they are focused only on what they see. When that happens, the resolution usually come from the outside from one who is not involved, someone who can see the whole picture and is not focused on just certain parts. Family counseling is a good example. The family can not resolve the issue, so they seek a natural party to help resolve the issue.

It may very well be someone who was not there that can see beyond their favorite part to see the whole that will bring the best insight.

Sis,

Don't take what either I say or your friends say at face value. I may be wrong. So may they. However, ask God and then wait to see if He will confirm the conclusion you come to in prayer. Seek answers in God's Word.

Jas 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men liberally, and reproaches not; and it shall be given him.

Meanwhile, let me ask folks here if they would classify the rally as a Political one.

If not what you would classify it as? :noidea:

peace,

dave

Grace to you,

Let me shed some light on my thoughts regarding your friends summation as in the OP.

She states that it was a Spiritual rally. :thumbsup:

I listened to Beck today and he was talking about this "Black Robed Regiment" of ecumenical Religious clergy. They weren't all Christians. :thumbsup: Neither is Beck. In fact today he was ranting about his Mormonism again because someone criticized it in a commentary on the event. (Actually they made an unfair comment about his religion which I didn't agree with.) However, Beck affirmed his Mormonism.

Here's my problem. He spoke about this "Black Robed Regiment" and about being among them and feeling alive in a great Spiritual moment as they prayed for him before he spoke. He even described them as Christians, Jews, Muslims, and others. ( I'm paraphrasing.) :thumbsup:

Here's my problem. As Christians we are to try and test the spirits of any spiritual event we encounter. We are not to sit under any spirit that deny's our God.

It appears that despite the good humanistic feelings that were evident and the spiritual appeal.(Note I said appears)That this event was led in a humanistic ecumencial movement. :blink:

peace,

dave

I talked with another friend today who heard first or second-hand from someone who interacts wit Beck that the Christians he associates with are influencing him, that he's believing more and more Christian theology.

Whatever we think of the current state, it sounds like he's ripe for being doused with prayer and perhaps coming to know the real Jesus.