• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God only knows why he won't answer our prayers. Period! So, don't stop believing you carnel minded (see,hear,taste, feel,and smell)

The family will not hear you in this... they know that the body is not redeemed!

John 6:63-64

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.

NKJV

Gal 6:8-9

8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

NKJV

and we cannot lose heart for there is for us no other than the Lord of Glory and The Holy Spirit that will take us there to Him...

The testimonies of God do not come through the senses which are of the body but by the spiritual essence of the new birth within...Love Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I agree Onelight ...

For over 16 months, my family and I have experienced a horrible and devastating neuromuscular disease that took my brother's life last week. I prayed each day - several times a day for his healing. There were prayer groups, healing services, prayer chains and literally thousands of friends and acquaintances who prayed faithfully for him. As the months passed - we saw the progression of this disease and prayed for his freedom from pain and for his peace. He was an amazing Christian and knew that God would take care of him. As he lay dying, one of my children visited him. This adult child is a brilliant individual who does not have a close relationship with God. As he watched my brother's once vital body lay wasted and frail by this disease, he wept. Later that night as we sat together and talked, he sobbed and I prayed for my brother and for this child of mine. I have new faith that he will give his life to Christ - soon. God did not fail my brother - He brought him and his family closer to God and each other. My brother did not die because his faith was weak ... he was able to face his death because his faith was strong. There were so many miracles surrounding this illness - we learned that God does bring peace and mercy. We found comfort in 'everyday' miracles - a smile, an "I love you", a day that could be described as 'good'. God was there every step of the process - I pray each day that He will now heal the grief of loss. I know that He has healed our loved one and that he is with God now. So, Onelight - I agree with you completely. Blessings

This witness I will always keep in my heart to give testimony to others.... Through fire we are refined unto His likeness...Thank you for this is a spiritual strength to me. Love Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Let me try this again about prayer. . . .

Of all the things about the Word of Faith people like to gripe about, what you have expressed here is what has come to bother me the most.

Note, I am "charasmaniac" (my pet phrase for fun).

What I see from WOF is an emphasis more on "positive confession" and "victorious living" than on learning how to love, how to draw deeper into the heart of the Father, how to serve one another, how to know God (as opposed to knowing about God).

If someone prays, "God, get the devil off my back," because they cannot resist the devil with their own strength - is it unscriptural to call on the Lord for deliverance? Since when are we supposed to rely on our own strength anyway?

Sure, God gave us power. But does He want our faith to be in our power, or even the power He gave us, rather than on Him?

Is that not the message the Lord gave to Job? Job and his friends believed God was good to Job because Job was good (thus the false counsel that the disasters had to have been on account of sin). But what Job and the others needed to know was that God was good to Job because God is good.

See the difference in the focus?

Imagine a teenagers finally given the car keys. The teen says, "Thanks Dad!" and runs off with the car. Then he shows of "his" car to his friends, boasts of "his" driving skills, etc. - yet he never acknowledges the car is his father's, the driving skills he attained were worked into him by his father, even the keys are his father's.

And that's what I see with the WOF - it's all about me and my ability and my faith and my confession and my prayer.

Where is the intimacy with the Lord in all of this? Where is the laying down of pride? And where is the training in love - the greatest command?

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

This is what I believe.

Who's teachings are these? Yes, I know we can find those in the Word, but where did you cut and paste that from? Who wrote?

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us.

Would you mind posting that prayer? I'd like to see it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Let me try this again about prayer. . . .

Of all the things about the Word of Faith people like to gripe about, what you have expressed here is what has come to bother me the most.

Note, I am "charasmaniac" (my pet phrase for fun).

What I see from WOF is an emphasis more on "positive confession" and "victorious living" than on learning how to love, how to draw deeper into the heart of the Father, how to serve one another, how to know God (as opposed to knowing about God).

If someone prays, "God, get the devil off my back," because they cannot resist the devil with their own strength - is it unscriptural to call on the Lord for deliverance? Since when are we supposed to rely on our own strength anyway?

Sure, God gave us power. But does He want our faith to be in our power, or even the power He gave us, rather than on Him?

Is that not the message the Lord gave to Job? Job and his friends believed God was good to Job because Job was good (thus the false counsel that the disasters had to have been on account of sin). But what Job and the others needed to know was that God was good to Job because God is good.

See the difference in the focus?

Imagine a teenagers finally given the car keys. The teen says, "Thanks Dad!" and runs off with the car. Then he shows of "his" car to his friends, boasts of "his" driving skills, etc. - yet he never acknowledges the car is his father's, the driving skills he attained were worked into him by his father, even the keys are his father's.

And that's what I see with the WOF - it's all about me and my ability and my faith and my confession and my prayer.

Where is the intimacy with the Lord in all of this? Where is the laying down of pride? And where is the training in love - the greatest command?

Romans 4:20

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

Ephesians 3:16

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

Job- I believe it was satan who wronged Job, God is good. Weren't a couple of his friends rebuked be God.

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us. God created a new heart in us when we were born again (2 Cor. 5:17) and sealed it with His Holy Spirit so it would never be polluted again (Eph. 1:13). He promised He would never leave us nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5), and His love, joy, and peace are now a permanent part of our born-again spirits (Gal. 5:22). Yet multitudes of New Testament Christians pray and sing the exact opposite of this.

This is what I believe.

Who's teachings are these? Yes, I know we can find those in the Word, but where did you cut and paste that from? Who wrote?

As New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Ps. 51:10-12).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

I do not understand what your point is. Please explain.

I mean, I post Scripture, too:

Jer. 9:23-24

23 Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches ; 24 but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth ; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

1 Cor. 13:2b - if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Job- I believe it was satan who wronged Job, God is good. Weren't a couple of his friends rebuked be God.

I fail to see what your statement has to do with what I said.

This is what I believe.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit" (Ps. 51:10-12).

Your teacher is twisting scripture, plain and simple. He's stating that the Word of God is an insult to the Word of God. Can't you see that?

The Word teaches us that a kingdom divided cannot stand, so if the Word of God is divided against itself, what does that make it?

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

By saying the words of David are an insult to what Christ has done, you are denying the truthfulness of that passage in Timothy. You're saying it's not true.

You do understand that..................................right?

Think about it.

You wrote,

First, I believe the power of Jesus ( IN US!) is greater than powers, pricipalitie .... One of these days I'll have scripture memorized.

Second, Faith in God is power!

Third, the words that usually come after "but" is unbelief.

Lord you said in Jer 1:12."I am ready to perform My Word and in Jer 33:3."Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things. Lord I pray everyone in this forum, gets a revalation of, the raiseing from the dead power you place inside us, from our Lord Christ Jesus. I pray you open our eyes to see and our ears to hear and understand what we really have in Christ. I pray we step out and live victorious in this fallen world. Because you said we are the head and not the tail. Lord, you said in Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. I pray life into the people of this forum. All I ask is in Jesus' Name. Thank you Lord Praise be your glorious Name.

Edited by Believer112

This is what I believe.

Your teacher is twisting scripture, plain and simple. He's stating that the Word of God is an insult to the Word of God. Can't you see that?

The Word teaches us that a kingdom divided cannot stand, so if the Word of God is divided against itself, what does that make it?

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

By saying the words of David are an insult to what Christ has done, you are denying the truthfulness of that passage in Timothy. You're saying it's not true.

You do understand that..................................right?

Think about it.

But isn't it true that when David prayed this prayer he didn't have the Holy Ghost? He didn't have what us new testament saints have. Jesus in us? We have to realize Jesus is in us and we are a new creation. What has Christ has done for us?

Edited by Believer112