• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

over 99% of scientists that are in fields directly related to evolution accept evolution

Well..... :laugh: (words fail me)

My biology teacher this semester accepts evolution and is a professed Christian

and?........

Forgive me, but that's like me saying, "My pastor rejects evolution and he is a professed Christian"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Just trying to demonstrate that there are many Christians who accept evolution, that's all. The idea that all Christians reject evolution, or only fringe Christian groups accept evolution is simply false.

I don't know anyone who is passionately in love with Jesus - the ones who would be like David or Joshua or Mary of Bethany . . . the ones whose identities are defined by their love for the Lord - I don't know any of them who embrace evolution.

You see D-9, there's a lot to be said for priorities.

Is your priority the Kingdom of God?

Or is your priority knowledge, reasoning, the mind, being wise in the ways and in the eyes of this world?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

No. And I'll explain. I'm going to simply replace the word evolution in the sentence with other scientific theories.

The theory of gravity is established fact

The theory of relativity is established fact

The theory of quantum mechanics is established fact

The theory of the atom is established fact

The theory of germs are established fact

The theory of cells are established fact

Gravity is a law, not a theory, and even within that law, it has been superceded by einsteins theory of general relativity. Which itself is under question within the scientific community since it cannot account for certain things they are finding in space. Gravity is a law not a theory and relativity is a theory that is not established.

Theory of quantum mechanics is incomplete and at times contradictory with other accepted theories and laws, such as the laws of physics and theory of relativity. Scientists are struggling still to reconcile all of this. It is not an established fact.

Atomic theory is not an established fact on its own as there are continual changes to the theories surrounding the atom itself. What is known about the atom is constantly changing.

Germ theory of disease as it is fully known, or the pathogenic theory of medicine, is a theory that proposes that microorganisms are the cause of many diseases. Microscopes etc have shown that. While in part true, there are many diseases that have alternative causes and even the germ theory is undergoing changes, so I wouldnt say that is completely an established fact.

The theory of cells is that cells are the basic building blocks of life. Mostly. There is an exception to this theory and the debate rages on: prions.

All these theories are undergoing changes in the scientific community to this day. Same with the theory of evolution. It is hardly an established fact.

Gravity is a law, not a theory, and even within that law, it has been superceded by einsteins theory of general relativity. Which itself is under question within the scientific community since it cannot account for certain things they are finding in space. Gravity is a law not a theory and relativity is a theory that is not established.

Theory of quantum mechanics is incomplete and at times contradictory with other accepted theories and laws, such as the laws of physics and theory of relativity. Scientists are struggling still to reconcile all of this. It is not an established fact.

Atomic theory is not an established fact on its own as there are continual changes to the theories surrounding the atom itself. What is known about the atom is constantly changing.

Germ theory of disease as it is fully known, or the pathogenic theory of medicine, is a theory that proposes that microorganisms are the cause of many diseases. Microscopes etc have shown that. While in part true, there are many diseases that have alternative causes and even the germ theory is undergoing changes, so I wouldnt say that is completely an established fact.

The theory of cells is that cells are the basic building blocks of life. Mostly. There is an exception to this theory and the debate rages on: prions.

All these theories are undergoing changes in the scientific community to this day. Same with the theory of evolution. It is hardly an established fact.

:grin: I'm so glad you are here to teach us this neat stuff!

You see, D-9, skeptics are good for science.

Just trying to demonstrate that there are many Christians who accept evolution, that's all. The idea that all Christians reject evolution, or only fringe Christian groups accept evolution is simply false. I think that is an important point to be aware of when discussing evolution and Christianity. Another problem is that few people understand evolution well enough to make an informed decision, which is only magnified with lots of misconceptions and falsehoods on both sides of the aisle in the public arena.

Two things...

99.9% (a guess but I would vebnture it is close) of the members of Worthy reject evolution.

Another problem is that few people understand evolution well enough to make an informed decision

Some people don't understand the bible, and faith, and grace well enough to make an informed decison....

And as Nebula said....

Is your priority the Kingdom of God?

Or is your priority knowledge, reasoning, the mind, being wise in the ways and in the eyes of this world?

I agree with her.

My priority is truth.

If you want to claim to be a Christian, you have to acknowledge Jesus as the Truth above all.

If you can't do this, then what makes you think you have the Spirit of God in you?

My priority is truth.

If you want to claim to be a Christian, you have to acknowledge Jesus as the Truth above all.

If you can't do this, then what makes you think you have the Spirit of God in you?

Amen.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. If you cannot acknowledge that, how can you claim to know Him?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Christian a : one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ Merriam Webster Dictionary

Given to the Followers of Christ, Meaning, "Little Christ" To be so much like Christ that people Immediately think of Christ.

Far deeper objections may be felt

I would propose, that if you truly are seeking God, as you keep mentioning him. As you also try to reconcile evolution as a process that he actually used despite what the Bible says, I would suggest one thing. Stop, for a moment on trying to prove evolution. Try instead, to try to seek this God we all talk about. For a moment forget the debate.

Amen Isaiah.

I suppose if I don't believe what you believe I'm a heretic going to Hell for eternity.

No D-9, and I never said, nor alluded to that. I do not judge, because who am I to judge? Who are any of us to judge?

But I do question, venture opinion (and that's what it is, opinion).

The only thing I stand rock steady and rooted in, is the bible, and God's word.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. My main point in all of this is that if you are going to say science confirms my beliefs, science better confirm your beliefs.

See there you go getting it wrong again.

The bible and the Lord Jesus Christ are my belief...