• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Just to point out. Eunuch's where servants who had had their genitals' dismembered "Castrated" so they can serve the woman in the kings palace or serve other royalty. Without the king worrying about sexual intentions.

As far as Jesus being an Eunuch, Don't think so because if he was He would not have been able to fulfill the law.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man with crushed or damaged private parts may not enter the assembly of ADONAI.

Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it]. So yes, Jesus COULD have been a eunuch in the first or third manner, though obviously NOT in the second.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Just to point out. Eunuch's where servants who had had their genitals' dismembered "Castrated" so they can serve the woman in the kings palace or serve other royalty. Without the king worrying about sexual intentions.

As far as Jesus being an Eunuch, Don't think so because if he was He would not have been able to fulfill the law.

Deuteronomy 23:1 "A man with crushed or damaged private parts may not enter the assembly of ADONAI.

Mat 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from [their] mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive [it], let him receive [it]. So yes, Jesus COULD have been a eunuch in the first or third manner, though obviously NOT in the second.

That passage also depends on the translation you use. Now with keeping with the Torah, it makes it clear that those with crushed or damaged genitals may not enter the assembly of God, the law doesn't add an "Unless they" or any exceptions. Now Jesus was Considered a Teacher, a Rabbi, the Son of God. The corner stone of the assembly of God.

Now the English Word Eunuch means A man who is castrated, or a man who is ineffectual "Lacking the ability to". I would think that Eunuch is the wrong word to use in the translation, I think the CJB version gives a better translation on this verse. Renouncing marriage for the kingdom of heavens sake, rather than Eunuch.

Matthew 19:12 CJB For there are different reasons why men do not marry -- some because they were born without the desire, some because they have been castrated, and some because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever can grasp this, let him do so."

Matthew 19:12 NKJV For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it.”

Also, Jesus is taking a bride, so how can he be an Eunuch? He's coming back for His bride!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

That passage also depends on the translation you use. Now with keeping with the Torah, it makes it clear that those with crushed or damaged genitals may not enter the assembly of God, the law doesn't add an "Unless they" or any exceptions. Now Jesus was Considered a Teacher, a Rabbi, the Son of God. The corner stone of the assembly of God.

Now the English Word Eunuch means A man who is castrated, or a man who is ineffectual "Lacking the ability to". I would think that Eunuch is the wrong word to use in the translation, I think the CJB version gives a better translation on this verse. Renouncing marriage for the kingdom of heavens sake, rather than Eunuch.

Matthew 19:12 CJB For there are different reasons why men do not marry -- some because they were born without the desire, some because they have been castrated, and some because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever can grasp this, let him do so."

Matthew 19:12 NKJV For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother

.... Jesus is taking a bride....

Amen!

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2 Corinthians 6:16

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, Ephesians 3:17

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:9

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:12

Amen!

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galations 4:6

Amen!

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What would you say about your pastor if he was constantly getting arrested for shoplifting?

Would you still consider him an authority figure within the church if he stepped out on his wife and openly committed adultry on a daily basis?

What about lying and stealing? What if he took what was given to the church and spent it at a strip club?

If he confessed that he had these urges and wasn't quite over them yet, but he was working on them, would you still consider him an authority figure within your congregation?

of course if a person is to be continuing to sin and persueing that life then it is wrong, like i said, if they are gay and are doing what they need to keep from sinning then he is no different then you and me!

Yes he is. He is in a position of authority. Fine (at least to you), he is a celibate homosexual, but he must not be allowed to hold any teaching or leading position. He is apostate, and if the Church allows it they are an apostate church, in my opinion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

What would you say about your pastor if he was constantly getting arrested for shoplifting?

Would you still consider him an authority figure within the church if he stepped out on his wife and openly committed adultry on a daily basis?

What about lying and stealing? What if he took what was given to the church and spent it at a strip club?

If he confessed that he had these urges and wasn't quite over them yet, but he was working on them, would you still consider him an authority figure within your congregation?

of course if a person is to be continuing to sin and persueing that life then it is wrong, like i said, if they are gay and are doing what they need to keep from sinning then he is no different then you and me!

Yes he is. He is in a position of authority. Fine (at least to you), he is a celibate homosexual, but he must not be allowed to hold any teaching or leading position. He is apostate, and if the Church allows it they are an apostate church, in my opinion.

I asked this question before and ask it again ... "How would this person be a homosexual if they are renewed in Christ, to be like Him?"

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

Titus 1:6-9 6 An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless-- not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Someone who is involved in willful, habitual sin such as the homosexual lifestyle is not blameless, does not know what is good, is not self-controlled, upright, holy or disciplined. The requirements for leadership are laid out very clearly in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus as well as other places and none of those requirements would allow an openly practicing gay person to be a leader. Saying that someone has anger in their heart because they oppose a homosexual being in a leadership position within the church is inacurate and it is false. One cannot openly and chronically practice sins such as homosexuality, adultery, theft, lying, etc. and have any effectiveness, credibility or integrity as a leader, not to mention the fact that they are setting an extremely bad example for the rest of the flock. The Bible is extremely clear on this issue, so I always have to ask why some groups are constantly attempting to overlook and override clear biblical directives on the subject.

Colbalt, who is blameless!? and just because you are a homosexual doesnt mean you are practicing! you look at women with lust, but you dont chase after them. people do not understand the leaders of the church are full of sin too, they just are suppost to be able to deal with them correctly! dont be blind to people and sin, please!!

Allow me to ask you a few questions Jwalker. When I accepted Christ as my savior and HE created a new creation in me, am I still the old man I was or am I a new creation? Am I still the drug addict doing whatever I had to do to survive or am I now a child of God? Have you forgotten what scripture tells us? Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west ,So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

We are no longer who we were. We no longer live in the world as the world lives. Though I can relate to those who are living in the same lifestyle I was in, I am no longer a drug addict. I AM a child of God. Until people can accept this, which is all through scripture, they will continue to see themselves as who they were, not who they are in Him.

onelight i think you misunderstood me, i agree with you. you are a new person. thats what i am trying to say, if a priest is fighting his homosexual tendancies and has NEVER commited and crimes (for you guys who want to complain about a preist who struggles with shoplifting) He is just as clean as the next saved soul. He has not done anything to be disbanded! right? :thumbsup::emot-highfive:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Titus 1:6-9 6 An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. 7 Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless-- not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. 8 Rather he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. 9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Someone who is involved in willful, habitual sin such as the homosexual lifestyle is not blameless, does not know what is good, is not self-controlled, upright, holy or disciplined. The requirements for leadership are laid out very clearly in 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus as well as other places and none of those requirements would allow an openly practicing gay person to be a leader. Saying that someone has anger in their heart because they oppose a homosexual being in a leadership position within the church is inacurate and it is false. One cannot openly and chronically practice sins such as homosexuality, adultery, theft, lying, etc. and have any effectiveness, credibility or integrity as a leader, not to mention the fact that they are setting an extremely bad example for the rest of the flock. The Bible is extremely clear on this issue, so I always have to ask why some groups are constantly attempting to overlook and override clear biblical directives on the subject.

Colbalt, who is blameless!? and just because you are a homosexual doesnt mean you are practicing! you look at women with lust, but you dont chase after them. people do not understand the leaders of the church are full of sin too, they just are suppost to be able to deal with them correctly! dont be blind to people and sin, please!!

Allow me to ask you a few questions Jwalker. When I accepted Christ as my savior and HE created a new creation in me, am I still the old man I was or am I a new creation? Am I still the drug addict doing whatever I had to do to survive or am I now a child of God? Have you forgotten what scripture tells us? Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west ,So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

We are no longer who we were. We no longer live in the world as the world lives. Though I can relate to those who are living in the same lifestyle I was in, I am no longer a drug addict. I AM a child of God. Until people can accept this, which is all through scripture, they will continue to see themselves as who they were, not who they are in Him.

onelight i think you misunderstood me, i agree with you. you are a new person. thats what i am trying to say, if a priest is fighting his homosexual tendancies and has NEVER commited and crimes (for you guys who want to complain about a preist who struggles with shoplifting) He is just as clean as the next saved soul. He has not done anything to be disbanded! right? :thumbsup::emot-highfive:

If a person is fighting tendencies, how are they a new creation in Christ? Christ removed my desire to get high when I surrendered this completely to Him. I stand on this verse.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

That does not mean that every now and then something will trigger a desire, but it is now not me. Satan does roam around like a roaring lion, devouring whomever he can, but I am not fighting the tendencies to get high. I love living for the Lord and such a life as I use to live I now despise. There is a difference.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/06/1985

If a person is fighting tendencies, how are they a new creation in Christ? Christ removed my desire to get high when I surrendered this completely to Him. I stand on this verse.

That does not mean that every now and then something will trigger a desire, but it is now not me. Satan does roam around like a roaring lion, devouring whomever he can, but I am not fighting the tendencies to get high. I love living for the Lord and such a life as I use to live I now despise. There is a difference.

because the desire to do your old habits go away, doesnt mean they wont come back to haunt you. you stopped getting high, but the ability and the option is still going to presented to you. its up to you to continue to walk right.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

We must remember the difference between temptation and sin. Temptation is not sin only when our temptation overcomes us does it blossom into sin.

A minister who has some fleeting sexual temptations that are degenerate such as homosexuality; but is able to turn away from those temptations through the grace of God is no different from a minister who faces any other sexual temptation but overcomes that temptation. Certainly we allow Jimmy Swaggart to get up and preach, we allowed him to get up and preach when he was overcome with the sin of debauchery, lust and fornication, seeking out prostitutes. However he confessed this sin and came clean and hopefully God is keeping these temptations from overcoming him today. But remember he was going to prostitutes long after he was saved and long after he had been in the pulpit. So temptation never leaves us it is something all of us must deal with saved or not. The difference is the believer is on a path away from temptation and sin, the unbeliever is loving it and seeking it out.

So anyway I would say that a minister is fine regardless of his temptations as long as he has overcome them and is strong in the Word. But he can't be out there saying in public that I am gay and that is cool, it really should be a very private thing between him, God and his own Pastor or leader as scripture says he is to have a good reputation. I think if a guy was into bondage or some other perversion such as porn, he would not be out saying I like bondage but don't practice it, or I like porn but don't use it, he would take care of these temptations and let Christ kill them for the death that they represent.