• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did you miss this part of my post?

...they can make life very uncomfortable...

No, but the demeanor that comes across through your post is along the lines of, "Eh, no big deal." That is what I am inquiring about.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just as long as the ban on making any more "Crocodile" Dundee" movies remains in effect, I'm a happy camper. :)

paul_hogan_crocodile_dundee_in_los_angeles_003.jpg

WHAT??? Thats got to be a removable offense... where's those board police....

Crikey, relax, mate. :laugh:

Relax!... Relax!!! where's 911 on this thing

board police! where's the board police?

OH PLEASE!! :101: Ah help!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Just as long as the ban on making any more "Crocodile" Dundee" movies remains in effect, I'm a happy camper. :)

Dude, did you just have a stroke? :o

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The problem here is that it might be islam they are puttig prohibitive measures on now, but it will be the christian faith soon, and none of us want that.

Luke 12

4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Thanks man. I am not afraid, I just wish we would be wise about those things that we support... knowing the knock back effect it can have later.

But you do sound afraid.

Why attempt to invade civil liberties that can turn around and potentially work against you in the future

What can christians lose? What do we have that is comparable to face coverings? What can they take away from us?

If you think I am afraid, you red me wrong.

As for what we can lose, this government sees all religions on par, what this really does is set a standard for how far the government can intrude into our faith. We might not have face coverings, but we do live out our faith in other ways that can be taken from us.

I am surprised you don't see this.

The problem here is that it might be islam they are puttig prohibitive measures on now, but it will be the christian faith soon, and none of us want that.

Luke 12

4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.

5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Thanks man. I am not afraid, I just wish we would be wise about those things that we support... knowing the knock back effect it can have later.

But you do sound afraid.

Why attempt to invade civil liberties that can turn around and potentially work against you in the future

What can christians lose? What do we have that is comparable to face coverings? What can they take away from us?

I don't detect any trace of fear. On the contrary, I see a valid argument.

What can they take away? The bible in schools? Prayer in just about any official place? The symbol of the cross? Public worship?

1. Bibles in schools.....I never saw one bible in the schools I attended. I suppose they had a couple in the library, but as for the classrooms.....nothing.

2. Prayer in just about any official place.....They can't take away prayer, because prayer is something personal.

Matthew 6

5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.

3. The symbol of the cross.....So what? If that symbol is outlawed, are you suddenly going to stray from your faith? There are just as many non-believers as there is believers who wear that symbol. The focus of our walk is not on the material, but the spiritual. I don't have a cross, does that make me any less a believer? Am I somehow less worthy?

4. Public worship.....How is the removal of this going to effect your faith? How many private assemblies do you suppose are taking place right now? Does the Lord view them as less worthy because they're not worshipping in public? If anything, the removal of public worship is a witness to the Word of the Lord. "There shall be a falling away and the love of many shall grow cold".

When I see the church coming under attack, I don't look at it as evil man trying to take something away, I view it as the Word of God playing out before my eyes.

The world can't do anything to me. Sure, they can make life very uncomfortable.....they can even kill me, but there's nothing they can do that has any impact on my spiritual being. The only one who has control over my spirit is God. He is the focus of my fear, not the world.

Well... this really isn't the point. No one said it would damage our faith, but impede on our civil liberties and how we publically express that faith.

This is Australia and we DO have bibles in schools and that can be taken from us. We have the right to public prayer and worship and that can be taken from us too.

In short, there is much to loose and little to gain from banning face coverings.

What do Christians wear that is not compatible with society?

I seem to remember a thread way back that discussed the banning of wearing the cross as adornment?

I am quite fine with people wandering around without their identities being known in Australia. No one is obliged to show me their face or ID. Why should it bother me in the slightest???

Ditto for me in South Africa. Except for special security reasons, it does not bother me at all...

I guess Americans are different; the only people we've ever known who covered their faces were criminals. Another problem presents itself and that is assimilation. How will muslim women become part of the society they live when they're behind a wall of facelessness? How many would want to make friends with one of them? I've seen muslim women here in Houston but NEVER one with her face covered. They only cover their hair and a few wear the long robes (although most do not.) Again, it is NOT a requirement of islam.

The cross thing? That was in France.

A - I do not share your views on assimilation AT ALL, and

B - rights are not conditional on the degree to which you have achieved assimilation

Face covering does not imply criminal intent at all here, and apart from a few racist people, it is a non-event.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:o

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

What do Christians wear that is not compatible with society?

I seem to remember a thread way back that discussed the banning of wearing the cross as adornment?

I am quite fine with people wandering around without their identities being known in Australia. No one is obliged to show me their face or ID. Why should it bother me in the slightest???

Ditto for me in South Africa. Except for special security reasons, it does not bother me at all...

I guess Americans are different; the only people we've ever known who covered their faces were criminals. Another problem presents itself and that is assimilation. How will muslim women become part of the society they live when they're behind a wall of facelessness? How many would want to make friends with one of them? I've seen muslim women here in Houston but NEVER one with her face covered. They only cover their hair and a few wear the long robes (although most do not.) Again, it is NOT a requirement of islam.

The cross thing? That was in France.

A - I do not share your views on assimilation AT ALL, and

B - rights are not conditional on the degree to which you have achieved assimilation

Face covering does not imply criminal intent at all here, and apart from a few racist people, it is a non-event.

Face covering doesn't imply criminal intent here either; it does, however, isolate the wearer from society. And we don't trust muslims in the U.S.......most of us, anyway. I don't want to see burkhas, honor killings and Sharia law becoming acceptable in my country.

There is no way to be racist about islam....it's not a race; it's an ideology and a political movement, it encompasses many races and nationalities.. I don't like them, I don't trust them and I don't want them around me, especially in burkhas. I do, however, want to see as many as possible delievered from the slavery that is islam.

As for what we can lose, this government sees all religions on par, what this really does is set a standard for how far the government can intrude into our faith. We might not have face coverings, but we do live out our faith in other ways that can be taken from us.

I do see it.

Upon your understanding of the Word, do you believe we are never meant to lose any of these religious freedoms?

I do see it.

Upon your understanding of the Word, do you believe we are never meant to lose any of these religious freedoms?

Actually I think we will lose all of them as part of the tribulation, perhaps even well before then :thumbsup: . But that doesn't mean we just lay down and take it. Those things can be powerful evangelistic tools :).