• Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Clown heads for political office

28 September 2010 04:37am

Brazilians seem eager to put a clown in parliament - but the courts are not laughing about a new report that he does not meet a legal requirement to be able to read and write.

The Brazilian constitution says members of Congress must be literate and prosecutors say they want to force Tiririca - a name that means "grumpy" in colloquial Portuguese - to disprove the allegations.

Otherwise, he could be thrown out of office if he wins the election.

Tiririca, whose real name is Francisco Silva, has been this electoral season's hit in Brazil, drawing millions of viewers on YouTube to his campaign ads.

His slogans include "It can't get any worse" and "What does a federal deputy do? Truly, I don't know. But vote for me and you'll find out".

Polls show he is likely to win more votes for Brazil's lower house than any other candidate.

But people who have worked with Silva on his TV shows and a book credited to him say he is illiterate, as is about 10% of Brazil's population.

A video shows a reporter reading questions to Silva. He is then asked to read one of the questions himself. Visibly shaken, he hesitates before campaign aides rush to the rescue and read it for him.

Now Silva may have to prove he can read before a judge. Prosecutor Pedro Barbosa has asked an electoral court to intervene.

If he fails to convince a judge he can read and write, Mr Barbosa said, Silva could be removed from office.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This guy is probably a puppet, cleverly put into office by Wyguy, to consolidate power around the world. We know it's not Wyguy himself because Wyguy can read and write (as evidenced by all those HORRENDOUS decrees!) It does say he has a clown head though........:34: Maybe there IS something to this.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Clown heads for political office

28 September 2010 04:37am

Brazilians seem eager to put a clown in parliament - but the courts are not laughing about a new report that he does not meet a legal requirement to be able to read and write.

The Brazilian constitution says members of Congress must be literate and prosecutors say they want to force Tiririca - a name that means "grumpy" in colloquial Portuguese - to disprove the allegations.

Otherwise, he could be thrown out of office if he wins the election.

Tiririca, whose real name is Francisco Silva, has been this electoral season's hit in Brazil, drawing millions of viewers on YouTube to his campaign ads.

His slogans include "It can't get any worse" and "What does a federal deputy do? Truly, I don't know. But vote for me and you'll find out".

Polls show he is likely to win more votes for Brazil's lower house than any other candidate.

But people who have worked with Silva on his TV shows and a book credited to him say he is illiterate, as is about 10% of Brazil's population.

A video shows a reporter reading questions to Silva. He is then asked to read one of the questions himself. Visibly shaken, he hesitates before campaign aides rush to the rescue and read it for him.

Now Silva may have to prove he can read before a judge. Prosecutor Pedro Barbosa has asked an electoral court to intervene.

If he fails to convince a judge he can read and write, Mr Barbosa said, Silva could be removed from office.

This guy is probably a puppet, cleverly put into office by Wyguy, to consolidate power around the world. We know it's not Wyguy himself because Wyguy can read and write (as evidenced by all those HORRENDOUS decrees!) It does say he has a clown head though........:34: Maybe there IS something to this.

You're pretty smart (for a dame). Want a job in my coming administration? :5:

Don't be naive.....it's my aim to replace you on the ticket...... :D

Who would vote for a drooling chick with a Poodles brain? :noidea:

The same ones who WOULD HAVE voted for you....had you not had to drop out due to 'unforeseen events.' :whistling:

The same ones who WOULD HAVE voted for you....had you not had to drop out due to 'unforeseen events.' :whistling:

Well, well, weeeeeeeelll. Widdle MorningGlory wants to play hardball, aye?

evil_smiley_small.png

evil_smiley_small.png

My favorite game..........:whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

evil_smiley_small.png

Gee, Wyguy. I would've thought you were better looking than that! :laugh:

Edited by LeonaS