• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I think Breast Cancer is to the forefront for two reasons.

1. Almost everyone knows someone who has been affected. It affects our mothers, daughters, sisters, neices etc.

2. The Breast Cancer Awareness advocates are very organized and do a good job of keeping the issue in the public eye.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously, you would much rather seen countless women die from breast (or uterine, or cervical) cancer rather than have them visit a Planned Parenthood clinic

And obviously your illness has lowered your moral obligations to fight the murder of innocent babies.

I don't care how ill me (or my wife) ever becomes...we will not compromise our morals by supporting and making excuses for planned parenthood.

Oh..and btw..it is idiotic to claim that the NFL doesn't donate to the Komen group. Every single team in the NFL is in partnership with Komen. The ******* founder of the Komen group (Brinker) is an Honorary Captain of the Dallas Cowboys this week...lol.

The New England Patriots are having a Komen fundraiser and are donating a laughably small $10,000 to the Komen Foundation next week.

The Dolphins, the rams, the Chargers...EVERY SINGLE TEAM...has a special event planned for the Komen foundation...you are 100% wrong to say that this has nothing to do with the komen group.

You are twisting my point...and making excuses for millions of dollars being provided to a company that endorses wholesale immorality. There is absolutely NO excuse for supporting planned parenthood, or ANY organization that would give them millions of dollars FOR ANY REASON!!!

1. Almost everyone knows someone who has been affected. It affects our mothers, daughters, sisters, neices etc.

2. The Breast Cancer Awareness advocates are very organized and do a good job of keeping the issue in the public eye.

And yet its not even the most deadly type of cancer. Almost everyone knows someone who died of lung or pancreatic cancer too. You just can't advertise those cancers and raise a bajillion dollars for those types of cancer by making nifty catch phrases like "Save the TaTa's" and various other forms of marketing a womans breast...what you call "keeping the issue in the public eye."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

They push for awareness of breast cancer because it is curable, it is preventable, and lives dont have to be lost.

Meanwhile, our govt has cut back on its recommendations for mammograms, which I do believe will cause an increase in cases caught later instead of earlier. Others in the medical field believe as I do.

Obviously, you would much rather seen countless women die from breast (or uterine, or cervical) cancer rather than have them visit a Planned Parenthood clinic

And obviously your illness has lowered your moral obligations to fight the murder of innocent babies.

I don't care how ill me (or my wife) ever becomes...we will not compromise our morals by supporting and making excuses for planned parenthood.

Oh..and btw..it is idiotic to claim that the NFL doesn't donate to the Komen group. Every single team in the NFL is in partnership with Komen. The ******* founder of the Komen group (Brinker) is an Honorary Captain of the Dallas Cowboys this week...lol.

The New England Patriots are having a Komen fundraiser and are donating a laughably small $10,000 to the Komen Foundation next week.

The Dolphins, the rams, the Chargers...EVERY SINGLE TEAM...has a special event planned for the Komen foundation...you are 100% wrong to say that this has nothing to do with the komen group.

You are twisting my point...and making excuses for millions of dollars being provided to a company that endorses wholesale immorality. There is absolutely NO excuse for supporting planned parenthood, or ANY organization that would give them millions of dollars FOR ANY REASON!!!

You don't know me, so I'll explain this to you. I would have made this same argument, with every bit as much conviction even if I had never been diagnosed with breast cancer. Period. You're making moral justifications for your point of view, which is something we all do, but you're doing it with a dogged blindness to a basic truth. Your OP was about how the NFL's participation in Breast Cancer Awareness month funds abortions. This is not only misleading, it's also silly because you attacked the NFL in particular, presumably because you find the pink the players are wearing less than masculine. Why this matters to anyone who isn't actually wearing the pink is beyond me, but that's a whole other topic. (Or maybe you play for the NFL and you don't like having to wear it?) Anyway, you are accusing the NFL of basically holding an abortion fundraiser. Your words. Obviously, that is not what they are doing, but I assume your ultimate point is that if they give a single penny to the Komen Foundation, or anyone else who might then give money to Planned Parenthood, we, as Christians should... what, boycott the NFL? I assume that's what you're trying to say, though you haven't actually provided any kind of answer along those lines. This line of yours, "There is absolutely NO excuse for supporting planned parenthood, or ANY organization that would give them millions of dollars FOR ANY REASON!!!" leads me to assume you are saying that you'd rather be dead than watch an NFL game, or support any company that sponsors the NFL, or Komen, or Planned Parenthood. Because that's what you mean, right? As a Christian, you or I or any other Christian has "NO excuse for supporting Planned Parenthood, or ANY organization that would give them millions of dollars FOR ANY REASON." So you obviously do not do this yourself in any way, shape or form, right?

You buy NOTHING and do NO BUSINESS OF ANY KIND IN A ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM from ANY of these companies:

* 1 a Minute

* 180s

* 3M

* A&A Optical

* ACH Food Companies: Bake for the Cure

* Acushnet - Titleist, Cobra and FootJoy Worldwide

* American Airlines

* American Blue Ribbon Holdings

* American Italian Pasta Company

* Anchor Bay Entertainment

* Anne Fontaine

* Ansell Healthcare Products, LLC

* Ariela-Alpha International

* Arizona AFO

* Ask.com

* AT&T

* ATP Electronics, Inc

* Autobiography of SORAYA

* avenue

* Avery Dennison

* Balance Walking by Foot Solutions

* Bank of America

* BCBG MAXAZRIA and ClearVision Optical

* Beemster Cheese

* Belcam, Inc

* Belk

* Bernat

* Bernina of America

* BIC USA Inc.

* Bi-Lo, LLC

* BMW of North America, Inc

* Boar's Head Provisions Co., Inc.

* Boston Warehouse

* Bowl for the Cure

* Brinker International

* California Pear Advisory Board

* Cameo Apple Marketing Association

* Candy Coburn

So, here we go:

[snip]

Really? You've never bought a cereal from Kelloggs, or ANY of the thousands of products manufactured by General Mills, or eaten at KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, or the Olive Garden, (to name just a FEW), or drank any Pepsi product (even if you happen to be in one of the restaurants that doesn't directly support PP), or shopped at Lowes OR Home Depot... My gosh the list just goes on and on and on.

THIS was the point I was making in an earlier post when I said you're supporting it whether you want to or not. You responded by asking what I'd do if I had a choice. Well, now you know just who's giving money to Planned Parenthood so I ask you, what are you going to do? You going to boycott every single company on these lists? If you figure out how to do it, please let me know.

The bald faced fact of the matter is, God doesn't make the same judgments we do. He sees all sin the same. He doesn't make those convenient distinctions we do between things like, say, little white lies, speeding, walking out of the office with a couple of extra pens in your purse, using your work computer/copier/whatever for personal things (which is stealing, BTW), and adultery, rape, murder, child molestation, incest, abortion. Yeah, just like you, my HUMAN reaction is, "Wait! You can't even begin to compare something like occasionally driving a little above the speed limit or having my spouse/kids tell someone on the phone I'm not home when I'm standing right next to them and something like incest or murder or abortion!" I say that's a moral distinction WE make, not one God Himself either makes or told us to make. God says that if you commit one sin, you're no better than someone who's committed all of them.

Yes indeed, it is good when you obey the royal law as found in the Scriptures: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin. You are guilty of breaking the law. For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws. For the same God who said, “You must not commit adultery,” also said, “You must not murder.” So if you murder someone but do not commit adultery, you have still broken the law. James 2:8-11 NLT

You claim that Planned Parenthood "endorses wholesale immorality." I say they aren't the ones to blame for the wholesale immorality that is overtaking this country, and indeed the world. WE are the ones to blame. Let's take America, because it's where I live. Over 3/4ths of American's CLAIM to be Christian. That means that the overwhelming majority of Americans are supposed to have the basic moral and ethical values taught by the Bible and exemplified in Jesus Christ Himself. Yet, the examples of moral decay that alarm us all have been growing more and more prevalent in our society. I know all kinds of Christians out there who like to blame things like prayer being taken out of the public schools, and abortion being legalized, as well as programs like handing out condoms to kids and clean needles to addicts. Yet I argue that if we, as a supposedly Christian nation, were raising our kids right to begin with, those programs like free condoms, needles, and abortions on demand wouldn't be an issue because virtually no one would be out there to use them. We have failed miserably at instilling even the most basic morality and ethics into our children. All these supposed Christians out there have utterly and completely failed to teach the past few generations any moral lesson of value. We are the ones responsible to teach our daughters and sons that premarital sex is flat out wrong. Period. No being understanding because they're just kids and kids are going to experiment. This would apply to drugs as well. We are the ones who have taught our children that the truth is a matter of perception, and that it only needs to be adhered to when convenient to do so. (That little lie, "tell them I'm not home!" comes to mind.) We are the ones who have taught our children that we only need to be lawful citizens when we aren't in a hurry to get somewhere. Some of this stuff may sound small and trivial, but it all goes back to the "sin is sin" thing. Teach a kid the so-called "little" sins don't matter and they'll naturally slide into thinking the "big" ones aren't so big after all.

Planned Parenthood, and all the less than moral services they provide, is not the cause of this "wholesale immorality." It is a symptom of it. We have no one but ourselves to blame for how far down our society is sinking, because it is us supposed Christians who make up the majority of society.

The ******* founder of the Komen group (Brinker) is an Honorary Captain of the Dallas Cowboys this week...lol.

I really don't want to think about what all those asterisk's are supposed to spell out. I'm pretty sure it isn't something that should be said in polite society, and certainly not something that should ever come out of the mouth of any Christian. Just my opinion. Seems a little uncalled for, especially on a forum like this one. If I'm wrong, please spell it out for me and explain why you didn't spell it out to begin with.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I guess you're right. But I still would like to see more fund raising for all forms of cancer (as with the ACS, as Winsome pointed out). I suppose my view is colored by the fact that my hubby has had 2 bouts with kidney cancer.

The ******* founder of the Komen group (Brinker) is an Honorary Captain of the Dallas Cowboys this week...lol.

I really don't want to think about what all those asterisk's are supposed to spell out. I'm pretty sure it isn't something that should be said in polite society, and certainly not something that should ever come out of the mouth of any Christian. Just my opinion. Seems a little uncalled for, especially on a forum like this one. If I'm wrong, please spell it out for me and explain why you didn't spell it out to begin with.

You wouldn't get my point if it was tattoo'd on your forehead. You make ridiculous comparisons and ignore half of what I say to push your agenda...so be it. I have the moral high-ground on this because I am not intentionally supporting, or making excuses for, the killing of babies.

As far as the "*******" in my last post...lol...I can assure you that it was not any type of foul language. I'm kinda curious as well why it was edited. I love how you can assume that it must have been something too awful for "polite society"...especially in light of the fact that the "polite society" you are bent on defending kills babies...lol. So much for a f.r.e.a.k.i.n' polite society.

You can list all the random companies you want (its funny that you think that list is news to anyone who fights the murder of the unborn)...that doesn't erase the point that the Komen foundation is in bed with Planned Parenthood. The founder of Komen served on a Planned Parenthood Advisory Board for crying out loud...and she's not the only Komen Board member to have worked for Planned Parenthood. Several of Komen's Board members have links to Planned Parenthood. Heck, Eric Brinker owns a Planned Parenthood facility! There is a clear, and undeniable link, between the Susan G. Komen Foundation and Planned parenthood. Its not just about money donations. Its about a partnership that pushes a like-minded liberal agenda. The two groups share board members and give each other "humanitarian" awards. They have closer ties than ANYONE else you care to list.

The fact that you would attempt to excuse or ignore the Komen groups clear ties to Planned Parenthood by using the "everybody is doing it routine" shows the clear moral divide we have on this issue. We CLEARLY disagree that Komens involvement with one of the biggest providers if infant murder is worthy to be criticized. I started this thread to inform others of that link and to be wary of what cancer groups they support.

The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, said, "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it". The Founder of the Komen Group won the Margaret Sanger Humanitarian Award...lol. The Susan G. Komen group donates millions of dollars to this group, serves as Board Members for this group, and the Founders son owns shares of a Planned Parenthood Center that happens to be Washington's largest abortion provider. Why are you defending and making excuses for this???

You wouldn't get my point if it was tattoo'd on your forehead. You make ridiculous comparisons and ignore half of what I say to push your agenda...so be it. I have the moral high-ground on this because I am not intentionally supporting, or making excuses for, the killing of babies.

As far as the "*******" in my last post...lol...I can assure you that it was not any type of foul language. I'm kinda curious as well why it was edited. I love how you can assume that it must have been something too awful for "polite society"...especially in light of the fact that the "polite society" you are bent on defending kills babies...lol. So much for a f.r.e.a.k.i.n' polite society.

You can list all the random companies you want (its funny that you think that list is news to anyone who fights the murder of the unborn)...that doesn't erase the point that the Komen foundation is in bed with Planned Parenthood. The founder of Komen served on a Planned Parenthood Advisory Board for crying out loud...and she's not the only Komen Board member to have worked for Planned Parenthood. Several of Komen's Board members have links to Planned Parenthood. Heck, Eric Brinker owns a Planned Parenthood facility! There is a clear, and undeniable link, between the Susan G. Komen Foundation and Planned parenthood. Its not just about money donations. Its about a partnership that pushes a like-minded liberal agenda. The two groups share board members and give each other "humanitarian" awards. They have closer ties than ANYONE else you care to list.

The fact that you would attempt to excuse or ignore the Komen groups clear ties to Planned Parenthood by using the "everybody is doing it routine" shows the clear moral divide we have on this issue. We CLEARLY disagree that Komens involvement with one of the biggest providers if infant murder is worthy to be criticized. I started this thread to inform others of that link and to be wary of what cancer groups they support.

The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, said, "The most merciful thing that the large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it". The Founder of the Komen Group won the Margaret Sanger Humanitarian Award...lol. The Susan G. Komen group donates millions of dollars to this group, serves as Board Members for this group, and the Founders son owns shares of a Planned Parenthood Center that happens to be Washington's largest abortion provider. Why are you defending and making excuses for this???

Wow, and still, the only thing you can do is argue that Komen and the NFL by association are evil. Yet you blithely ignore those "random" companies that do EXACTLY THE SAME THING you so despise Komen for doing. Makes no rational sense at all. But then, that is obviously not your goal.

You just go right on ahead telling yourself that you've got the "moral high-ground" in this because you're not "intentionally" supporting the killing of babies when you are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING as the NFL if you do business with any of the businesses I listed. I know that logic is beyond you, but it's real none-the-less.

I have no agenda here beyond trying to make you see that you are picking and choosing at will where to direct your anger. Here's the gist of what you are saying: Komen is evil because it supports PP and has ties to PP and therefore must be attacked and boycotted at all costs. But every other company or foundation that donates either to Komen or directly to PP is just fine, irregardless of how much money or resources they may donate, and thus can be "supported" by purchasing their products/services. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It's irrational in the context of this topic as well as more than a little hypocritical.

Look, I understand what you're trying to say. You believe that PP and Komen are pushing some kind of liberal, amoral agenda. That's fine. But it makes absolutely no sense to say that, and then to try to pretend that every single other company that donates to Komen and/or PP isn't just as much a party to pushing that agenda. You can try to say they don't have ties that are as close or whatever else you want, but the fact is that if they are funding Komen and/or PP, they are pushing that agenda you so despise. Please don't try to tell me you can't see this! It's not about "everybody is doing it." It's about why aren't you just as angry with everyone who's doing it. This kind of picking and choosing what to call evil is a kind of hypocrisy I happen to despise. That's the point I've been trying to make all along, though you obviously missed that because you're so desperate to blast Komen and PP. And I guess we'll be sharing that moral high-ground, since I have never intentionally supported the killing of babies. I have not made excuses for it, either. I simply tried to make you see that you're using poor logic.

Oh, and the polite society I was referring to is everyday human society, which I'm pretty sure I did the exact opposite of defend in my next to last post. Or didn't you read it?