• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Get off your high horse and read my last post. <_<

What last post?

Oh - you posted when I was still typing!

but is a spirit of darkness that wishes to be hidden and undisclosed! I love you guys and wish to speak plainly... so I have!

You may speak plainly but you have little understanding of what you speak. You really need to study your bible Steven.

they warned me of blaspheming the Holy Spirit

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,358
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is another aspect to the searching out of the truth of this practice:

It is rather simple actually God calls all men to judgment and judgment requires a reactive response to reason "the why or purpose of a thing or action". This truth leads us into being and what we did with choice and give an answer for why it was chosen... God says a very specific thing in His judgment-

Matt 12:35-37

35 "The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36 "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

NASU

If you do not know what you are saying because it is not in your control and you are saying it how may you give and account of it?

If what you are saying is to be brought into the judgment of our Father in Heaven through His Son Christ and we say it was of Him! How shall we prove that according to the ways He has provided us to do so within the Scripture? (it is the Living Word of God Jesus Christ our advocate) We know about the "Lord Lord people didn't we do this and didn't we do that" !!!

1 These 5:19-22

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

NKJV

Luke 4:4

4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"

NKJV

Our Lord has always called us to reason with Him and to know Him through this reason! it is why we are children of God that we might be partakers with Him of His Glory due Him... This is why we wait upon Him... for the reasoning of things comes in His perfect timing in His perfect ways! It should be a Joy to know this-

John 15:9-17

9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

NKJV

Tongues today, unknown in what is being said, (most of the time), and unable to be ascertained from Scripture what spirit they are come! How shall the practice of these be accounted for in the reasoning that is above? Some that I have spoken of these things have chided me and warned me that I was in danger of questioning God and God's things, I repeated my question How do we know it is of God and they warned me of blaspheming the Holy Spirit... This spirit I know is not of my Father who dwells in perfect light and wishes to be seen and examined

John 20:26-27

"Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

NKJV

but is a spirit of darkness that wishes to be hidden and undisclosed! I love you guys and wish to speak plainly... so I have! Love Steven

Blessings brother,

speaking plainly :) There are many times in my life when the Lord has asked me to do/ or has had me experience something in life without my understanding completely understanding what the end results would be by reasoning with Him. Sometimes it has been disclosed later some i may not know this side of heaven :) truthfully i can admit that now i see through a mirror darkly and my joy is that it will be face to face one day the perfect will be know thoroughly. until then i will trust the Lord for those things that at this point are not understood while relying upon scripture. again not one person has shown me where the gifts of the Holy Spirit was only intended for the Apostles in the Bible.

neither side of this should be arguing judgment down or condemnation on the other as it is not an issue of salvation.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

You have a lovely way of speaking the truth! All things of God grow out of the bounds of our understanding, but loved one the beginnings are ours for the purpose of foundations of spiritual stance! The deeper aspects of God and purposes are held in the all knowing aspects of His being (but) so that we may trust and act upon His Spiritual guidance is given for us in His Word foundationally which is the building up of our faith... in this instance your belief system matches mine in that we are speaking of growing up instances of God's redeemed .... and we are brought to this in Scripture in the address of such

Luke 9:49-50

49 Now John answered and said, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us." 50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side."

NKJV

This is a relational issue with either Spirit or flesh and as much as I can determine (so far) it seem to be one of intimate decision upon each individual with The Holy Spirit! The best way to find ourselves is the waiting upon God for the direction of His Word ... This being my only direction as to instruction as His child for eternity... I wish to join you in the rejoicing of the time when we stand in His perfect light naked and unashamed, (as to being), and all that is not present with me then that is now present with me I will not miss for it is not of Him and not worth keeping! You are a lovely Sister and thank you for kindness... Love Steven

"The Greeks seek knowledge."
neb anything we do to try to stand on our own is danger. we must as with all our heart and all our mind and all our strength try to make Scripture our foundation for all that we think, say or do! This requires knowledge but it is based on the person of God and not on knowledge itself...

Choice A - Holy Spirit

Choice B - Flesh

Choice C - Demon

Which do you believe my gift to be of?

I am still searching the understanding and God has not called me to speak in tongues.... I have not been given peace in my understanding in His Word of this... neb you are my sister in Christ as you have testified of your love for Him! This is not addressed to you personally and to either of us not very fair for your position is I am practicing in faith in God and mine I am not in faith in God.... Rebekah David spoke well of this.

Guess that answers that, huh?

So do you believe me to be oppressed or possessed?

You have spoken quickly when in examination of what your brother said was not a determination of tongues but that those who would condemn those who search God's Word for an understanding of tongues by saying they are blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not of God. For God says the opposite of such things. Neb I have loved you and prayed for you and as you and I engage in trying to determine the understanding of God through His Word and practice let us not forget this! Love Steven

but is a spirit of darkness that wishes to be hidden and undisclosed! I love you guys and wish to speak plainly... so I have!

You may speak plainly but you have little understanding of what you speak. You really need to study your bible Steven.

they warned me of blaspheming the Holy Spirit

Thank you for the exhortation- I do and I will! for out of the Scriptures I understand are the issues of life... I will also give an account of myself accordingly to them... So study I will!!! Love Steven

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I may think you are missing out on something

Please dont think that way. I am content with what He has given me. Im not missing out on anything.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

There is another aspect to the searching out of the truth of this practice:

It is rather simple actually God calls all men to judgment and judgment requires a reactive response to reason "the why or purpose of a thing or action". This truth leads us into being and what we did with choice and give an answer for why it was chosen... God says a very specific thing in His judgment-

Matt 12:35-37

35 "The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36 "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

NASU

If you do not know what you are saying because it is not in your control and you are saying it how may you give and account of it?

If what you are saying is to be brought into the judgment of our Father in Heaven through His Son Christ and we say it was of Him! How shall we prove that according to the ways He has provided us to do so within the Scripture? (it is the Living Word of God Jesus Christ our advocate) We know about the "Lord Lord people didn't we do this and didn't we do that" !!!

1 These 5:19-22

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

NKJV

Luke 4:4

4 But Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.'"

NKJV

Our Lord has always called us to reason with Him and to know Him through this reason! it is why we are children of God that we might be partakers with Him of His Glory due Him... This is why we wait upon Him... for the reasoning of things comes in His perfect timing in His perfect ways! It should be a Joy to know this-

John 15:9-17

9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. 11 "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

NKJV

Tongues today, unknown in what is being said, (most of the time), and unable to be ascertained from Scripture what spirit they are come! How shall the practice of these be accounted for in the reasoning that is above? Some that I have spoken of these things have chided me and warned me that I was in danger of questioning God and God's things, I repeated my question How do we know it is of God and they warned me of blaspheming the Holy Spirit... This spirit I know is not of my Father who dwells in perfect light and wishes to be seen and examined

John 20:26-27

"Peace to you!" 27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

NKJV

but is a spirit of darkness that wishes to be hidden and undisclosed! I love you guys and wish to speak plainly... so I have! Love Steven

Blessings brother,

speaking plainly :) There are many times in my life when the Lord has asked me to do/ or has had me experience something in life without my understanding completely understanding what the end results would be by reasoning with Him. Sometimes it has been disclosed later some i may not know this side of heaven :) truthfully i can admit that now i see through a mirror darkly and my joy is that it will be face to face one day the perfect will be know thoroughly. until then i will trust the Lord for those things that at this point are not understood while relying upon scripture. again not one person has shown me where the gifts of the Holy Spirit was only intended for the Apostles in the Bible.

neither side of this should be arguing judgment down or condemnation on the other as it is not an issue of salvation.

Rebekah David

You have a lovely way of speaking the truth! All things of God grow out of the bounds of our understanding, but loved one the beginnings are ours for the purpose of foundations of spiritual stance! The deeper aspects of God and purposes are held in the all knowing aspects of His being (but) so that we may trust and act upon His Spiritual guidance is given for us in His Word foundationally which is the building up of our faith... in this instance your belief system matches mine in that we are speaking of growing up instances of God's redeemed .... and we are brought to this in Scripture in the address of such

Luke 9:49-50

49 Now John answered and said, "Master, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow with us." 50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him, for he who is not against us is on our side."

NKJV

This is a relational issue with either Spirit or flesh and as much as I can determine (so far) it seem to be one of intimate decision upon each individual with The Holy Spirit! The best way to find ourselves is the waiting upon God for the direction of His Word ... This being my only direction as to instruction as His child for eternity... I wish to join you in the rejoicing of the time when we stand in His perfect light naked and unashamed, (as to being), and all that is not present with me then that is now present with me I will not miss for it is not of Him and not worth keeping! You are a lovely Sister and thank you for kindness... Love Steven

Blessings brother,

thank you. it is a priviledge to call people from both sides of this issue my brother and sister in Christ.

Rebekah David

• Followers:  10

What last post?

Oh - you posted when I was still typing!

:35:

Does that mean we forgive each other for each other speaking rashly?

I am still searching the understanding and God has not called me to speak in tongues.... I have not been given peace in my understanding in His Word of this... neb you are my sister in Christ as you have testified of your love for Him! This is not addressed to you personally and to either of us not very fair for your position is I am practicing in faith in God and mine I am not in faith in God....

My apologies for misunderstanding. Someone here actually did accuse me of demonic influence with this before, so that's why I'm a bit on edge with this whole discussion.

I am glad you clarified this and sought reconciliation. :)

I may think you are missing out on something

Please dont think that way. I am content with what He has given me. Im not missing out on anything.

Well, to me it's like I'm eating a Dove ice cream bar, and someone mentions they never ate one, and so I say, "Oh, you have got to try one!" And they respond, "Nah, I'm not missing anything." And I'm thinking, "Oh, but this ice cream and this chocolate are so rich and creamy!" :emot-drool: "How can you think you are not missing anything? If you only knew!"

Or it's like you going to the NY City area talking to someone about the night sky you can see in Arizona, and the person responds that what they see is enough for them. And you are thinking, "Oh, but if you only knew!"