• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What about whales? They mate for life, raise and nurture their young, and have language, and scientists believe they may well be more intelligent than humans. They just haven't been able to crack their language yet.

"Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Stoics did not and do not ignore or repress emotions. . . . .

I am sorry. This is the impression I have been getting.

Would you please explain, then?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

So.....you view yourself as just another animal then?

What about whales? They mate for life, raise and nurture their young, and have language, and scientists believe they may well be more intelligent than humans. They just haven't been able to crack their language yet.

As for hope, that is the providence of the fortunate and the wealthy.

As I read this thread, I just felt despair. The one thing that puts me off about Christians, and they deny to the death, is their fondness for judgment of those not like them.

look to jesus as an example to follow not christians themselves...sorry we cant be perfect even though we do our best :noidea:

As I read this thread, I just felt despair. The one thing that puts me off about Christians, and they deny to the death, is their fondness for judgment of those not like them.

look to jesus as an example to follow not christians themselves...sorry we cant be perfect even though we do our best :noidea:

You made my point. And you missed my point. I never said christians are perfect. I said they love to judge others, and there you are, doing exactly that.

Christians love to look down on and be smug to non Christians, and then act surprised when someone points out that doesn't make anyone want to be a christian.

I tried churches, and all I got was judged, and for things I have zero control over. I am never going to be good enough for them. I am not saying that God says I am not good enough. Christians say it, and they are human same as me.

Edited by SDGS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

You made my point. And you missed my point. I never said christians are perfect. I said they love to judge others, and there you are, doing exactly that.

Christians love to look down on and be smug to non Christians, and then act surprised when someone points out that doesn't make anyone want to be a christian.

I tried churches, and all I got was judged, and for things I have zero control over. I am never going to be good enough for them. I am not saying that God says I am not good enough. Christians say it, and they are human same as me.

when did i judge you? why did you get all defensive then? my comment wasn't meant to make anyone feel bad but to just point out the obvious. plus when one thinks they are being judged they should think is it me or my actions that are being judged?

you said you went to churches and all you got was people judging you. i know how you feel, alot of churches do that and its one of the reasons i dont go to church as much as i used to (we are living in the last days and the bible says in these days the "church" for the most part wont be the way god had intended it to be)

take care and be blessed

..... You made my point. And you missed my point. I never said christians are perfect. I said they love to judge others, and there you are, doing exactly that.

I tried churches, and all I got was judged, and for things I have zero control over. I am never going to be good enough for them. I am not saying that God says I am not good enough. Christians say it, and they are human same as me....

Don't Blame Sin On Your Brother Nor On The LORD Jesus Dear One

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. James 1:13-18

It's The Book That Judges A Fellow You See

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:47-48

If One Will Not Believe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

You See

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

Yes?

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Are you saying the Lord is a 'white lie'? :noidea:

He's an atheist, you know. Can't really expect him to state otherwise.

I know; I want him to flat out say that.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why would you want him to state that? Obviously, he views your religion and all its elements to be false.

If you really want me to state it i will although i see no reason why you need the words from me, Yes i consider The christian god to be at best a white lie.

Why would you want him to state that? Obviously, he views your religion and all its elements to be false.

I don't need to give a reason. To anyone who knows.....the reason is obvious.

If you really want me to state it i will although i see no reason why you need the words from me, Yes i consider The christian god to be at best a white lie.

You may not believe in Him but He believes in you.......since He created you. Lotsa luck with telling Him the above when your appointed time comes....:rolleyes: