• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

And why are there only 3 options? Let me link you to a different hypothesis, which would add another option. http://en.wikipedia...._interpretation

Um. you have shown your weakness here, the Multi-verse Schroedinger cat theory? Parallel universes etc split from other reality's. I understand this concept rather well, but it still leaves the question were did it all come from? This is not a "Creation Theory" again as Wyguy said

Actually, there are 3.

1. The Universe created itself from nothingness.

2. It has always existed.

3. It was created.

Nice smokescreen, It does make me wonder, where you the only person you agree with is an acknowledged atheist.

So as far as is atheism a religion. No not be strict definition. Do they sometimes engage in behavior that have all the trappings of religion, yes. I have even seen them try to pass out "tracts" to prove there is no god and go around to tell people about their lack of belief in god. Atheistic missionary's? For instance Richard Dawkins has gone on the attack on God to prove to others that there is no God. He will even admit Aliens created life before God.

As far as what the Bible says about this

</h2>

<h2 id="passage_heading" style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; ">Psalm 53:1 (New King James Version)

Psalm 53

And why are there only 3 options? Let me link you to a different hypothesis, which would add another option. http://en.wikipedia...._interpretation

Um. you have shown your weakness here, the Multi-verse Schroedinger cat theory? Parallel universes etc split from other reality's. I understand this concept rather well, but it still leaves the question were did it all come from? This is not a "Creation Theory" again as Wyguy said

Actually, there are 3.

3. It was created.

Nice smokescreen, It does make me wonder, where you the only person you agree with is an acknowledged atheist.

So as far as is atheism a religion. No not be strict definition. Do they sometimes engage in behavior that have all the trappings of religion, yes. I have even seen them try to pass out "tracts" to prove there is no god and go around to tell people about their lack of belief in god. Atheistic missionary's? For instance Richard Dawkins has gone on the attack on God to prove to others that there is no God. He will even admit Aliens created life before God.

Psalm 53:1 (New King James Version)

Psalm 53

–To the Chief Musician. Set to "Mahalath." A Contemplation of David.

1 The fool has said in his heart,

"There is no God."

They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity;

There is none who does good

Notice it does not say in his mind. Atheism is a heart issue, a belief issues. It is not a science issue, its a predetermination in his heart. Once you believe in something you will find all sorts of proof that what you believe is true. So on this aspect, Atheism is a belief system, not based at all on fact. So in all respect save definition it is very much religious.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, there are 3.

3. It was created.

</h2>

<h2 id="passage_heading" style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; ">Psalm 53:1 (New King James Version)

Psalm 53

Actually, there are 3.

3. It was created.

</h2>

Psalm 53

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, there are 3.

3. It was created.

</h2>

Psalm 53

Wow.

First let me ask you what parts of what I said were incoherent and illogical. post those parts that you did not understand and also did not follow logic and I will clarify.

Second, I brought up the many worlds theory because I was trying to explain that there are more than 3 possibilities, especially if you want to talk about ones that there are no evidence for, for the origin of THIS UNIVERSE. I THOUGHT THAT WAS IMPLIED.

Um please elaborate what other explanations are there? When you boil them all down you only have one of three choices. Logically.

Nothing then something.

matter always existed.

it was created by some being.

Be that the God of the Bible, the Greek gods, the roman gods, the Hindu gods etc. they all say it was created by a creator of some sort but in the long term it shows that it was a creation. What other core explanations are there?

Fourth, every case of someone or some culture developing in the wild has them believing in some sort of god? really? Awesome assertion. Good luck proving that one.

Let me rephrase this, every single culture that was a "wild" culture that I have seen read about or come across has some form of spirit or god worship. I have yet to see one that was atheistic. Can I prove that every wild culture in existence has some form of god, no. But every one I have seen has.

Third, I am indeed saying that the people that call atheism a religion are ignorant. They completely ignore the definition of the word religion, and the word atheism. What is a word, if not its definition? If you think that atheism has some religious principles, then that is different.

Then we agree something that you seem to miss. As I said in my last post...

Isaiah 6:8 wrote

I have said before if you read my post, they are NOT a religion by Definition. But have adopted several religious style practices as part of there culture. This is because they have Chosen not to belive in God in there heart, leading to several statements of Faith, that cannot be proven. This is where they are similar to religion. Yes they are not a Religion by strict definition but they are almost like anti-matter, Same in every way but the spin.

Fifth, like I have said many times, being atheist has NOTHING to do with believing in magic or aliens. Talk about asserting something without evidence or logic behind it. Atheism is lack of a belief in a god. NOT belief in aliens or magic.

Like I said before, you must have misunderstood me, most atheists that I have met or heard from or about will belive in anything but God. Richard Dawkings is a prime example. He is more ready to belive in aliens then God. I did not say that all atheists belive in magic or aliens. But I find that many who have rejected god are more ready to accept anything that explains the unexplainable but not God.

And finally, on what grounds do you believe you can attack my faith? Because I think that atheism is not a religion? Does it say anywhere in the Bible that if you believe that atheism is not a religion then you may not follow Christ? No, it does not. How dare you question my faith, and even more, how dare you do it with no ground to stand on. You are simply attacking my faith as a way to insult me and to make my points seem invalid to yourself and other people reading this and I HIGHLY disrespect that.

First off I apologize on how I worded the question although I do belive the question was valid. I did not mean to attack your faith, I was trying to figure out where you were coming from.You see I have read all your other posts. In them you seem to have some sort of agenda that you are pushing. This agenda does seem to contradict what I belive and many others belive when it comes to the faith of Christianity.

Also I highly disrespect anyone making statements like this..

So people, please stop making these silly assertions about a topic that you obviously have so little knowledge of.

This is a statement that says, that you know more then us and we are below you. This is very disrespectful and arrogant. I must confess this is what even got me to respond to this little thread you started.

Unless you can say something logical, and back it up, I am tired of you asserting things over and over again with no evidence.

If you reply to this and I do not respond, it is simply because you have again posted something moronic that is not worth my time.

First of all. The only evidence you have provided at all is a dictionary definition. Other things you have provided have no evidence or have not related to the question at hand.

As for me being a Moron, you do not no me, nor have you really read what I have said. Please do not call me such. Doing so is in violation of the TOS.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

JohnDavid -

Do you know what "faith" is?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

i'm so sad that Christians are arguing this way. let us not seek to divide for the mere sake of proving a point. if something is scriptural, stand on it by all means, but definitions? so we don't have the same logic. don't expect to understand somebody else's logic completely - our brains are wired differently from each other for a reason. we're all different and think differently for a reason. that's why the only thing we can ever count on is the Word of God.

besides, you know what else God says about fools?

1 Corinthians 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

ever thought about this? in God's wise eyes, looking down on our limited tiny brains... "boy they're dumb! but i love 'em anyway" or:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

so, best not to call people morons. "Judge not, for with the same measuring rod you use, so will you be judged."

let's all agree please.

bless you all.

Deal.png

Isaiah 6 v 8: you are no moron. love that screen name!

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

i'm so sad that Christians are arguing this way. let us not seek to divide for the mere sake of proving a point. if something is scriptural, stand on it by all means, but definitions? so we don't have the same logic. don't expect to understand somebody else's logic completely - our brains are wired differently from each other for a reason. we're all different and think differently for a reason. that's why the only thing we can ever count on is the Word of God.

besides, you know what else God says about fools?

1 Corinthians 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

ever thought about this? in God's wise eyes, looking down on our limited tiny brains... "boy they're dumb! but i love 'em anyway" or:

"Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."

so, best not to call people morons. "Judge not, for with the same measuring rod you use, so will you be judged."

let's all agree please.

bless you all.

Deal.png

Isaiah 6 v 8: you are no moron. love that screen name!

Well said, Josephine; we should all pull ourselves up and try to steer clear of the name calling and insults. :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Due to the fall of communism, atheism fell from 18.9 to 15.2% of the world population.

Theism is the belief in God--atheism thereby being anti-theism. Atheism is opposed to any religion or worship of God, this is indicated by the synonym for atheist--freethinker. Atheists are so oppposed to God and their opposition to religion is so fervent, that they make a religion out of atheism. Essentially, their non-God beliefs become what they worship. Hence, their non-religion becomes a religion of self and a hatred for Christ. If there is no god, why do they go to such great lengths to fight him?

Atheism comes in two forms, theoretical and practical.

Practical atheism is the denial of God, as reflected in the way one conducts their private and public life. Practical atheism consists of ignoring or neglecting any relationship to God in one's actions, or living as if God did not exist. In Paul's letter to Titus, a practicing atheist is one who claims to know God but deny him by their actions.

There are several forms of theoretical atheism. One may deny the existence of God and the principle of an immortal soul. Or one may affirm that there is a god but deny the ability of the mind to know of his existence (skepticism), or all religions worship the same god (indifferentism), or the existence of god cannot be proved (agnosticism)--They all close off the paths that lead to God.

Paul condemned as stupid and unpardonable all those who, after viewing the world, shut their eyes to the manisfestations of God in in it and refuse to serve him.

What reasons have atheist for saying that we cannot rise again? Which is the more difficult--to be born, or to rise again? Is it more difficult to come into being than to return to it?

You must wager, this depends not on your will, you are embarked in the affair. Which will you choose?...Since you must needs choose, your reason is no more wounded in choosing one or the other. Here is one point cleared up, but what of your happiness?" Let us weigh the two cases: if you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager unhesitatingly that He is...Blaise Pascal