• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

At the moment (Praise Jesus), it is raining hard. The first hard rain we have had in at least 8 months. The drought continues and it will need a lot more before it is broken, but Jesus is answering our prayers.

It seems to be that my life at the moment is about water and fire :cool:

I fought a big fire from 3pm to about 8pm tonight, one that was scary in it's size (and I like using fire as a tool). This one nearly got me :blink:

This a mile long fire line about 20 feet high coming towards us while we tried to back-burn against it. It was an awesome sight, bad picture or not!

IMG_1224.jpg

I got lost in the smoke and could not find the road, this was taken from my car window at 4pm - looks like night from the smoke. I have a "sunburned" arm from radiated heat through the window...

IMG_1232.jpg

What eventually saved us was the rain.

Thank You Lord for answered prayers. With perfect timing!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,796
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Oh WOW PLEASE take care ... we like having you here with us not burned to a crisp :emot-hug:

Praise God for the rain and keep praying :emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thank-You Jesus for saving Fez!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/30/1958

At the moment (Praise Jesus), it is raining hard. The first hard rain we have had in at least 8 months. The drought continues and it will need a lot more before it is broken, but Jesus is answering our prayers.

It seems to be that my life at the moment is about water and fire :cool:

I fought a big fire from 3pm to about 8pm tonight, one that was scary in it's size (and I like using fire as a tool). This one nearly got me :blink:

This a mile long fire line about 20 feet high coming towards us while we tried to back-burn against it. It was an awesome sight, bad picture or not!

IMG_1224.jpg

I got lost in the smoke and could not find the road, this was taken from my car window at 4pm - looks like night from the smoke. I have a "sunburned" arm from radiated heat through the window...

IMG_1232.jpg

What eventually saved us was the rain.

Thank You Lord for answered prayers. With perfect timing!

I forget sometimes how to be thankful for the wonderful things in my life. Like the rain. Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for the blessings of God. Take care of yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

I haven't been as close to the fire as you were, but I've seen one at work and it was an awesome, terrifying sight. I was a child and came home from school one day to an empty house. That was beyond odd. My mother was always there waiting for me. So I left the house and headed out to our barn to see if she might be out there. We had a small 5-7 acre hay field behind our barn and were surrounded by woods. I looked in the barn and didn't see her, so walked around the barn toward the field and that's when I saw it. The fire line was just cresting the hill about midway down the field. The fire was, like you said, a wall easily 20 or more feet high and moving diagonally across the field and woods beside it. I eventually found my mother out in the woods using a green pine branch to try to beat out the small fires that were flaring up.

God came through for us as well, though it didn't involve rain. Just when we were convinced that the woods were going to burn, and with them would have gone our house as well, the fire department showed up and cut a massive trench in front of the fire line, then set a back burn. Praise the Lord, it worked. The fire was conquered and our woods and our house, along with the subdivision behind our house, were all saved. God is so amazing. He always knows just how and when to come through for us.

I'm so glad to hear that you're finally getting some rain. We are in what they're calling a mini-drought here as well. Down 7 or so inches so far. We've had at tiny bit of rain today, more sprinkles than anything. Not enough to even get the ground wet beneath the trees. But they're saying we might get a little more tomorrow. Like you, it won't be anywhere near enough to reverse the drought, but it might just be enough to ease a little of the dryness. We almost never have brush fires around here. (Indiana now. The fire I mentioned from my childhood happened in Mississippi.) But we've had a few brush fires here recently. Burning has been banned, for the most part, in an effort to prevent any more fires.

As I said, I'm glad God is responding to all your prayers. He is good to us, and knows what we need, even when we think we know better. He's always got a plan and moves and works in His time, not ours. Praise the Lord He's moving now for you.

God bless,

Jenn

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Praying so more.........

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank God for the rain, and praying you get more.

Now BE SAFE and don't take foolish chances. We'd miss you around here. :emot-hug: