kiwi5x

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I really want to make sure I'm saved, but I'm having a hard time. I know that I am a sinner. For instance, I have lied, disobeyed parents, haven't put God first, and lusted in my heart. I also know that the bible says the wages of sin is death. So that means I need a savior to save me from that. The only one who can do that iis Jesus Christ, because he is sinless. Here's my problems: I know that I am a sinner, but I don't feel like an awful person. Many people talk about how they were awful wretches and had such a burden on their heart from sin; I don't have that. I know that I don't deserve heaven b/c of my sin, but I'm having a hard time grasping on how I deserve eternal hell. I know I'm not good enough to get to heaven, but I don't feel like I deserve hell. I feel bad for thinking that, but I just want some answers b/c I really want to be saved, but first I need those questions and thoughts answered, please.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Kiwi - it isn't about feelings. I know you believe what others have said about the need for feelings, but that is not Scriptural.

The question is - do you believe what God says or not?

Consider this, if you tell one little lie, you are a liar. If you "borrowed" something, without having asked for permission, and never returned it, this is called stealing, and that makes you a thief.

Also consider this, sin is more than just deeds, it is also a condition. It's like being born with a genetic disease.

You don't have to "feel" the disease or make the disease worse than it already is in order to be set free. You just have to agree with what God says - you have the disease. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse you of that.

Now, getting to Heaven is not about being a good person or being a bad person. It's about being born of the Spirit.

But if you are worried about feelings, then ask the Holy Spirit to convict you of your sin(s).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Well it may help it if you look at this way. It may not be so much that you deserve hell, as much as you Don't deserve heaven.

Heaven is like a glass of pure water. All it takes to ruin it is one drop of cyanide. That one drop will ruing the whole lot, and if you drink it, kill you.

No sin can enter heaven. None. Not one drop. So if you choose not to be accept Jesus as your savior to be cleansed, then you will not be able to enter. There fore you are left with only one other place to go.

Also look at it this way, what if you woke up saddled with a 10 billion, yes billion with a B debt. That is what you are spiritually saddled with a debt that you cannot pay. If you do not pay this debt you may not enter the kingdom of heaven. Now what if, (hypothetically) Bill gates came and paid your debt for you? This is just another example of what Christ did on the cross. This is what you need to accept.

Also the Bible says that if you so much as called someone a fool, you are in the dangers of hell.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I'm having a hard time grasping on how I deserve eternal hell. I know I'm not good enough to get to heaven, but I don't feel like I deserve hell.

The Bible says when a person sins, they sin against God alone. Since God is all righteous, all holy and eternal, the punishment must fit the crime. A person must then be sent to a place without righteousness, without holiness, and it must also be eternal.

Hell.

Look at it like this:

If you tell a lie to your kid = No big deal.

If you lie to your wife = You sleep on the couch.

If you tell a lie in court = You go to jail for perjury.

If you lie to the government = It's considered treasonous and you can be put to death.

You see? Same "lie" but the punishment is different depending on who you are lying to.

Another example:

You're drunk and you shoot a gun at some guy outside a bar, and you miss = Maybe a few years in jail.

You take a shot at the President of the United States for any reason = Prison for life.

It's who you are committing the crime against.

That's why even one sin against such a holy and righteous God is an offense that deserves eternal damnation.

Wow, thanks wyguy nebula, and isaiah. Those are all very good points and ways I've never looked at it before.

Welcome!

I've tried to accept Jesus several times but I always end up back doubting. I want to settle it tonight. I want to accept Jesus and never have to doubt again if he is my savior or not. I've prayed several times so I'm afraid that it's just words coming out. How can I be sure that when I settle it tonight that I mean it and do it right?! I really want to make sure I'm a christian.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I've tried to accept Jesus several times but I always end up back doubting. I want to settle it tonight. I want to accept Jesus and never have to doubt again if he is my savior or not. I've prayed several times so I'm afraid that it's just words coming out. How can I be sure that when I settle it tonight that I mean it and do it right?! I really want to make sure I'm a christian.

Salvation comes from repentance and faith. You must admit you are a sinner, ask for forgivness, be willing to turn from your life of sin, and place your faith in Jesus alone to save you.

Then read your Bible and do what it says.

NEVER trust your "feelings" when it comes to the promise of salvation. The Bible says all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Either that is true or God is a liar. Your feelings have nothing to do with it. You must believe that Jesus is who he says he is, and you must believe he did what the Bible says he did on your behalf.

The prayer of salvation is not a bunch of "magic words," it is a crying out to the Creator you've been in rebellion to.

Just remember, there is nothing you have done or ever could do to deserve salvation. God saves you by His grace alone. That's why it's called a "gift" in the Bible. Your desire to be saved comes from God alone. The Bible says it is the Father who draws people to Jesus.

The proof that God wants to save you is your desire to be saved.

Don't put it off - do it now.

As for knowing, you know by faith.

Hebrews 11 (New King James Version)

Hebrews 11

By Faith We Understand

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.

3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Also you will know the presence of the Father.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Kiwi5x The best and only way to make this simple is to use the very words of Jack Kelly a great Bible teacher who has a website called 'gracethrufaith'

A Bible Study by Jack KelleyIf you follow our