IGNORED

SAVED or ........SAVED then LOST?

tsth

Quote: from CWJ on 8:43 pm on April 7, 2002

Blindseeker how about putting Acts4:12 in it's place alongside the pasted quote where I said Jesus IS salvation? A bit deceiving might it be?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks, I appreciate that a lot.

Peace, Carl

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The simple answer is once you are saved you receive the Holy Spirit and desire to do good works. It's just part of the package. You can tell those who have truly been saved by anoiting from those who just think they have or say they have by their works. God already knows which ones we are, but for many other reasons we also need to know who is saved and who isn't. In this respect I believe everyone is right, but heres the problem. If we get too far into the works area in our thinking without realizing we need to listen to the Holy Spirit we could in fact be running around doing all sorts of stuff God didn't want us to be doing and getting in His way of using us for His purposes. In this there is the possibility of getting so caught up in what we think we are doing for God that our pride gets in there, we get judgemental and are actually playing along with Satan. Like what if Joseph thought he was not doing Gods work by working for a pagan king. So he took it upon himself to deny that job and just run around helping the poor. Well when the time came to save a remnant of Israel from the famine he would not have been where he was instrumentally placed by God to be of any help. Hope this makes sense. So bottom line is keep your prayers up, stick close to Christ and let God worry about the works we need to be doing. If we are sincere in our relationship with God we don't need to get caught up in worrying about where and what He wants us to be doing He will reveal that.

Love in Christ

Teri

PW...I have just been trying to clarify that those works are only AFTER you ARE SAVED. Yes I agree that we should and will walk in them. This is a FRUIT of salvation in Jesus.

Does it seem to you that I'm not a praying person?

How could I ever gain any understanding without praying?

How could I without study?

And most of all, how could I without the indwelling of the Holy Ghost?

How does one that loves the Lord not pray? I will witness to the fact that He has very recently shown me just how he CAN work in our lives! In our minds and our hearts! Ask for His wisdom and he shall give it to you!

Peace and grace to all, Carl

Are any of us perfect in our obedience?

I believe there was but one, and He now sits at the right hand of the Father.

"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him."

"Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God."

"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."

" And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause."

"Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD."

Since Enoch, Noah, Job and Daniel were "perfect" before the death of Christ, and the fulfillment of the promise of the Holy Spirit, how much more possible for those that are now in Christ?

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

You know what I meant by perfect in our obedience. Do you think that any of those old test. saints were without sin?

If they were counted "perfect" then it was through Faith, which was accounted to them as righteouness.

Just can't stand it, can you ?  I show you scriptures that prove OSAS, and instead of recieving the Word, you come against me.  Kind of like some others in the bible.

Peace to all and the Word of truth, Carl....OSAS:biggrin:

Quote: from CWJ on 8:59 pm on April 9, 2002

You know what I meant by perfect in our obedience. Do you think that any of those old test. saints were without sin?

If they were counted "perfect" then it was through Faith, which was accounted to them as righteousness.

Just can't stand it, can you ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Quote: from BlindSeeker on 3:23 am on April 7, 2002

AMEN, Amen!

Amen, Amen, Amen!

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Justification and sanctification are two separate doctrines. It seems from the discussion here that they are getting mixed up. Titus 2:11-14 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

12.  It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

13.  while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

14.  who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15.  These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.  Romans 1:5 Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith.

Good works and sanctification have nothing to do with our justification. Phil 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh-- Paul teaches clearly that our justification is in Christ and not anything we do. Hebrews 10:14  because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. Christ made us perfect the moment we believed, but the Holy Spirit is working out the sanctification that makes us holy. The moment I believed I was made perfect, but God the Holy Spirit had a lot of work to do to make me holy, amen.

Most of this information is paraphrased from "Protestants and Catholics Do They Now Agree?" by John Ankerberg and John Weldon.