IGNORED

I'm a sinner, but I'm a good person too.

kiwi5x

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've talked to you guys about this stuff before and other stuff, but sometimes I'll just get to thinking and so many questions and problems will fill my mind. here's one....

Ok so idk if I'm saved. I know that Jesus died for everyone on the cross so we could go to heaven. I also understand that we are all sinners. I just don't feel like a bad person though. I'll admit that Ive sinned but I'm not a bad person. I don't deserve heaven but I dont understand how I deserve hell. I'm scared though b/c I dont want to go to hell and I want to accept Jesus and make sure I'm saved but first I must realize I'm a sinner and Idk if I've done that b/c I know I've sinned but I don't think I'm a bad person. Can someone help me. I know about the verses about 'theres' none righteous' and 'if you break one of the commandments you're guilty of all' but idk I just dont feel bad for anything I've done. I just want to really accept that I'm a bad person so I can accept Christ and settle it b/c I've accepted him before, but I didnt' really admit my sin debt to God and that I deserve hell. You have to admit you're a sinner before you accept Christ, so someone please help me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Kiwiw -

I do not understand what more you expect to hear from us other than what we've said to you already in every other thread you posted?

Or why you would believe anything we say now if you didn't believe it then?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Kiwi,

The problem is that you're looking at the situation from a human perspective but God looks at it from His perspective.:thumbsup:

What is the standard of Righteousness that God uses?

It's the Ten Commandments. Do you measure up to that or do you fail in the least of them?

Ever lie? Then you've failed the Righteous measure of God.

Have you failed to Love God and put Him first? Then you've failed to pass the Righteous standard of God.

Jesus did not though. The Word states that He was seamless and without sin. The Word states that His Father was well pleased with Him and that we should hear Him.

Mt 17:5

While he yet spoke, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear you him.

Jesus stated that we needed to be born again to see the Kingdom of Heaven.

The Good News is this;

Ro 5:8

But God commends his own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The law of God proves that we are steeped in sin. It's because it's our Nature, but God became a man and died in our place taking upon Himself the wrath of God against all ungodliness and unrighteousness.

The wages of sin are death;

Ro 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Good News!

He replaces our nature, our sin and death, with His own Righteousness and because He is pleasing to the Father, by faith, and by accepting His Grace we become acceptable to the Father. In essence and in Truth we are born again.:wub:

He translates our unrighteousness into His Righteousness by taking it to the Cross and to the Grave and triumphing over it in His Glorious Ressurection. He took on our death and has Won!

The promise is Good, He overcame our death, our judgement, and the grave.:emot-highfive:

peace,

dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I've talked to you guys about this stuff before and other stuff, but sometimes I'll just get to thinking and so many questions and problems will fill my mind. here's one....

Ok so idk if I'm saved. I know that Jesus died for everyone on the cross so we could go to heaven. I also understand that we are all sinners. I just don't feel like a bad person though. I'll admit that Ive sinned but I'm not a bad person. I don't deserve heaven but I dont understand how I deserve hell. I'm scared though b/c I dont want to go to hell and I want to accept Jesus and make sure I'm saved but first I must realize I'm a sinner and Idk if I've done that b/c I know I've sinned but I don't think I'm a bad person. Can someone help me. I know about the verses about 'theres' none righteous' and 'if you break one of the commandments you're guilty of all' but idk I just dont feel bad for anything I've done. I just want to really accept that I'm a bad person so I can accept Christ and settle it b/c I've accepted him before, but I didnt' really admit my sin debt to God and that I deserve hell. You have to admit you're a sinner before you accept Christ, so someone please help me

Romans 3 says "26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

Let me break it down a little:

26To declare, I say, at this time his (Jesus Christ) righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In short, Christ's righteousness takes place of your own because you believe in Him.

Romans 3 is a good read concerning how a believer is given the things required by Christ to be saved.

kiwi,

are you perfect? absolutely perfect? never done anything wrong?

no... of course not, and you're not even trying to pretend to be perfect. but.... GOD is perfect. ok, it's kinda like this. you have a brand new pair of socks, never been worn. they're so white they almost glow. you have another pair of socks, same kind, same brand, same style and colour.... they're still in good condition, no holes or anything. but if you lay them next to the brand new ones, the "good" ones are all dingy and dirty and nasty looking in comparison.

that's the way it is with us! no matter how GOOD we are, next to God's holiness, we're nasty...

and if you wanna hang with God, you can't look all dingy and dirty. you have to look as bright-white as the brand new pair of socks!

and the only way to do that is to accept Christ as your personal saviour.

the Bible says that if we confess with our tongue and believe in our hearts that Jesus Christ is exactly who He says He is, and did exactly what scripture says He did (Son of God born of a virgin, crucified for our sins, risen from the dead and alive today) that we are saved. it's not about what you say or don't say in a sinner's prayer, because frankly, the bible doesn't say anything anywhere about a sinner's prayer.

do you believe those things?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think I understand your confusion. I was saved just 2 years ago (almost exacly!). I accepted Jesus as my Saviour and started reading scripture in earnest and asked questions (alot of questions). But I didn't know if I was doing or feeling the right things. As time went by I began to understand more and more, and my actions and even my thoughts and emotions became modified (in a very good way). Christianity became a part of me, and I believe that that may be the Holy Spirit you hear about. What I'm saying is, let it happen to you, follow the Lord's teachings as best you can, believe in your heart that God and Jesus are there, watching Their world and loving us. We all stumble, and there are times that I feel tremendous remorse and embarrassment for having done some sinful thing (taking the Lord's name in vain is my worst habit). I repent and apologize, and I feel that God does forgive me - because He does that kind of thing. The whole thing is, what is in your heart is more important than what you do or say.

Let the concept and beauty and love of Jesus become part of you. It can take time - as it did for me - but when you feel it, it's a

very wonderful thing.

I hope this helps. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Its just like one drop of poison in a glass of water will kill you, one drop of sin will kill your soul just as dead, just as quickly. If you have ever sinned once that will make it so you cannot go to heaven. The only alternative is hell. Like I said before God does not send you to hell. You chose it, by not choosing heaven. So if you choose not to go to heaven, it does not matter how good or how bad you really are. You have by default chosen hell.

Also if you think you are good, say compared to Saddam Hussein you are probably right. But how do you compare to someone like Billy Gram or Mother Teresa? You may not be as bad as a bad person but you are not as good as others. Even someone like mother Teresa, if she did not know Christ as her Lord, her good works would not be enough to make it. Because all of us have sinned.

I have responded to some of your threads, I have followed most. I think at this point, you just need to jump. You remind me of a person ready to take the high dive, standing on the edge but scared to jump but equally afraid of the shame of not jumping. You have been frozen in place, waiting to make up your mind. I want to encourage you to jump, yes its scary but it is so rewarding!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Kiwiw -

I do not understand what more you expect to hear from us other than what we've said to you already in every other thread you posted?

I'm sorry

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Kiwi -

I'm sorry

I really would like to help you, but I am not understanding what the real issue is.

When you ask the same question over and over again . . . and we answer the same things over and over again . . . .

There's something that we are both missing.

What is it?

Do you believe in God? I mean really believe? Do you know deep down in your heart that God exists?

Think about that......................and be honest with yourself.