IGNORED

Is the Bible inerrant? Does it contradict itself?

Guest Xan

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

To all those seeking the answers to the so-called contradictions of the Bible, there is a page on my site which explains over 100 so-called contradictions of the Bible.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Thanks George, I was a little frustrated and you answered my questions with that link.

Well I guess I may as well give my answer; even-tho I think whatever is said, you have your mind set to believe what you want to believe. First of all the LORD says those who are wanting truth will find it(Matt. 5:6), and then the Bible it's self tells us that holy men of wrote as they were given the Word of GOD. Then we have this from the apostle Peter:2 Pet 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.(NIV)

Just like with your salvation; no human being can save you; and no human being can make you believe the Bible is inerrant. It goes like the old human proverb; "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. There was a couple of old country boys that had an old dried up mule that they took down to a nice running stream of water, and one of them held the old mule's head under the water, while the other one was around behind holding the tail up and trying to siphon water in that old mule; you know; they never did get any water in that old mule, and it died. Now I think there is a lesson to be learned here. You can give some one the Word of GOD; which is a good fresh running stream of water, but you cain't make-um drank!

With the love of Jesus Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444

Don't fret "contraditions", they are important... The reason they are important is because they show that the authors of the Bible did not just copy off of one another. It EVERY Gospel was exactly the same, what would that show us? That Matthew could copy Mark, that's about it. No, the small, insignificant differences show that each writer wrote for a different purpose and had different sources for their writings. Does it matter if Mary says something different in those Gospels? No, not really... the POINT of the Gospel is still the same, even if the story explaining that point may be a little different.

You're right, Munari.  In fact, historians point to the accuracy of the gospels by the fact it is obvious they are not copied.  I have some sources that point to what I am saying, but I do not have it here at work.  I'll post more later.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444

Xan,

I know one source that does that is a book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. A very interesting book.

I beleive the "Word of God" to be completely infallable...But, I can show you two scriptures, that contradict one another, of the same account of David numbering Israel...I believe the only answer is a scribe who copied the accounts wrong somehwere along in history...

2 Samuel 24:13 So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days