• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The seven stars and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches or Asia Minor. So, it starts in the first chapter.

That "start" as you call it was a part of explaining what John saw concerning Jesus.

Do you actually believe the "revelation of the church" supersedes the revelation of Jesus Christ?

Are you disbelieving the scripture where it states that the seven candle sticks are the seven churches in Asia? It is there in black and white. You can be so focused in one thing that you miss its actual meaning. Recognizing that by the end of this chapter John is starting to talk about the seven churches that Jesus starts talking about in no way takes away from the beginning of the chapter. You have to keep in mind that it was man who at some point put the chapters and verses in the bible and sometimes a chapter begins and ends in the middle of a thought.

Are you disbelieving the Scripture where it states at the very beginning: "1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,"?

How much attention did John give the Candlesticks compared to how much attention he gave to Jesus?

And how is focusing on Jesus missing the meaning of Scripture?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The seven stars and the seven candlesticks are the seven churches or Asia Minor. So, it starts in the first chapter.

That "start" as you call it was a part of explaining what John saw concerning Jesus.

Do you actually believe the "revelation of the church" supersedes the revelation of Jesus Christ?

Are you disbelieving the scripture where it states that the seven candle sticks are the seven churches in Asia? It is there in black and white. You can be so focused in one thing that you miss its actual meaning. Recognizing that by the end of this chapter John is starting to talk about the seven churches that Jesus starts talking about in no way takes away from the beginning of the chapter. You have to keep in mind that it was man who at some point put the chapters and verses in the bible and sometimes a chapter begins and ends in the middle of a thought.

Are you disbelieving the Scripture where it states at the very beginning: "1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,"?

How much attention did John give the Candlesticks compared to how much attention he gave to Jesus?

And how is focusing on Jesus missing the meaning of Scripture?

Because when the subject was turned to Jesus addressing the problems of the seven churches it was turned form talking about his glory to the things that the churches were doing wrong. John was describing what he was seeing and how the angel was interpreting it to him as to what he saw was. The seven stars were the angels of the seven churches and the seven candle sticks were the churches themselves. What it looks you are doing is using the Revelation of Jesus Christ just to be about himself when it is about himself, the seven churches, heaven, the dark ages, the great beast, Satan, etc.

It isn't a revelation of just himself in as much as it is his revelation of the things which must come pass, which is what is also written in the very first verse. Most of Revelation is speaking of what is going to happen. Verse 19 says that they are the things which he has already seen, the things which are, and the things which are to come. This is what the revelation is in the book of Revelations. He starts with the seven churches and ends with the end of time.

Also look at the 4th verse where it says, "John to the seven churches which are in Asia".

Edited by deut31:12

He starts with the seven churches and ends with the end of time.

No, the start is with Jesus - then onto the churches - or rather "assemblies".

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

see, this IS EXACTLY what i was talking about in my last post. ask 10 diffrent pastors their interpratation of revalation and you get 10 diffrent answers. but SCRIPTURE says that NO prophecy of scripture is open to PRIVATE interpratation. and scripture also says that we as christians have the holy spirit to teach and guide us into all truth..... still looks to me like the body of christ has too much division in it.

What does it teach you about the book of Revelation?

I agree with you, but the logic is sound. There is a purpose for the book of Revelation. It is revealing something to us. It starts out in the first chapter speaking of the churches and continues throughout the bible speaking of the impact of Christianity on the earth with apostasies, false teachings, fake churches, martyrs, death, heaven, hell, judgment day, etc..

This isn't "PRIVATE interpretation" if you would read the book verse by verse and keep it in context the way it is written.

It's always easy to say that it is "your interpretation" when you disagree with something, but can you prove otherwise what I have said? I told you I can offer more proof if you are willing to take the time to read it. Can you substantiate you claims to having other knowledge, or the correct knowledge of this book?

i cannot "prove" it one way or another, and i did not make any claim to have a correct knowledge of revelation. i am just pointing out the contrast between what scripture says about us understanding scripture and the body of christ having so many diffrent p.o.v. on the scripture especialy when it comes to prophetic scriptures.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

It wasn't white it was eggshell or pearl.

It wasn't white it was eggshell or pearl.

:huh: I'm failing to make the connection between your illusion and the discussion.

Guest shiloh357
Revelation starts out by addressing seven churches in Asia Minor. It was a revelation of what was to occur from that time down the centuries to the end of the world. There are other churches mentioned in Revelation.
No, there are not.

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

This star was a church and it was believed to the the church at Smyrna where the Bishop Edmond was.

Yeah, right. Where do you derive this from?

During that time the forgiveness of sins was taken from God as false religion was charging man for it. People were beaten, whipped, and killed if they did not conform. The bible was taken from the public and forced to believe in "church doctrine" as gospel. The French Revolution in April 1793 shut down every church for 3.5 years because they were tired of how corrupt the religion in their country was.
What does this have to do with the book of Revelation?

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

During the "dark ages" the church was in hiding for almost 1,300 years because of these things.

There is a lot more detail, but I tried to give the short of it.

Sorry, but you are trying to read history into the Bible. That is a very subjective and questionable type of interpretation.

Revelation IS about the history of Jesus and the church from the the time of the last Apostle till the end of time.
Wrong. It is about the final victory of the Kingdom of God. It was a letter of encouragement written to churches. It is not about the church and the church is nowhere mentioned in the book of Revelation. Trying to read something into the text is an invalid means of interpretation.

Ever Wonder If All The Assemblies (Churches) Jesus Talks To In Revelation Were Led By Believing Jews?

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Revelation 2:12-16

Just Like The Books Of The Bible Were Given To Us Through The Hand Of A Believing Jew Except (?) Job

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

I Wonder

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Ever Wonder If All The Assemblies (Churches) Jesus Talks To In Revelation Were Led By Believing Jews?

And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Revelation 2:12-16

Just Like The Books Of The Bible Were Given To Us Through The Hand Of A Believing Jew Except Job (?)

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

I Wonder

Of course they were brother. Whether from the natural linage of Abraham or having been grafted in, we all who have been born again draw sustenance from the same ROOT.

Just Like The Books Of The Bible Were Given To Us Through The Hand Of A Believing Jew Except Job (?)

I Wonder

Of course they were brother. Whether from the natural linage of Abraham or having been grafted in, we all who have been born again draw sustenance from the same ROOT.

Amen!

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. Zechariah 13:9

There Are "Churches" That Won't Teach Revelation Is About The Power Of The KING Of KINGS

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. Revelation 11:1-4

And Includes The Restoration Of His Brothers, The Jew

Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:12-17

Beloved, Kinda Looks Like The End Game Of That Murderous Mass Surrounding Today's Israel, Huh......