anitarose

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

2 Cor 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

Now I have got to thinking about the difference between "Your will be done", and free will. Where's the juxtaposition between the two? Is there one?

I suspect scholars have thrashed this out from time immemorial...I think that the will of G-d had a greater deal of lee-way than many of us suspect, He is neither confined or limited in our response, and can use all things together for good.

I see Jesus moving where He saw the Father working. No time left, gotta dash. Ciao

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanksgiving~!

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15

No, tithing is not required for us 2 day. It is clear that tithing was an Old Testament rule....

Tithes, Israel's Worship And Family Barbecues For Yesterday

But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. Numbers 18;24

And For Tomorrow

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts. Malachi 3:8-12

And We Know

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

Wise Investments

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. Ephesians 5:1-2

Are Forever

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:19-21

And Fun~!

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Now I have got to thinking about the difference between "Your will be done", and free will. Where's the juxtaposition between the two? Is there one?

How about it is your free will, to have your will conformed to His will! The essence of which was expressed by Jesus:

Father if You are willing, remove this cup from Me, yet not My will, but your will be done.Luke 22:42 paraphrase (I think)

I suspect scholars have thrashed this out from time immemorial...I think that the will of G-d had a greater deal of lee-way than many of us suspect, He is neither confined or limited in our response, and can use all things together for good.

I see Jesus moving where He saw the Father working. No time left, gotta dash. Ciao

This is probably bad theology, but maybe we can think of it in terms of a football game, The field is our life. We are on a point on the field, and our goal is at the end. We run from where we are, to where we are going. There are rules that we obey to stay within God's will, just as on the field, yet there is liberty on the field within limitations, where we are allowed some variance of our own choice, decisions we can and must make. God's perfect will is that straight run to the goal, avoiding the setbacks that come from less than perfect decisions, but when we fall, we get back up an into the game, and we are never kicked off the team, in spite of our blunders.

O.K. it needs a little work, lol. :b::laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

I do not tithe to be righteous or to buy grace in some fashion. Neither do I tithe because I care if anyone knows that I tithe or not. I also don't think that anyone should feel obligated to tithe. I tithe because I love my church, and I tithe a little more recently because the church offerings have dropped lately due to the economy. I do not want to see my beloved congregation lose their meeting place when we have all been such a blessing to each other and our community. For me it is purely a practical consideration. The least I can do for the church that showed me the way to salvation is to give whatever I can, especially in rough times.

With that said I would like to bring up another practical point. If I were to come into a very large sum of money I would not tithe even ten percent. The reason for this is that the whole congregation needs to support their church, and a church flooded with a very large excess of money might be more inclined to be wasteful and lose it's way. I do wish I had the money to ensure that our church would be free from the fear of debt at the end of this year though. :)

Edited by Matt712

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I do not tithe to be righteous or to buy grace in some fashion. Neither do I tithe because I care if anyone knows that I tithe or not. I also don't think that anyone should feel obligated to tithe. I tithe because I love my church, and I tithe a little more recently because the church offerings have dropped lately due to the economy. I do not want to see my beloved congregation lose their meeting place when we have all been such a blessing to each other and our community. For me it is purely a practical consideration. The least I can do for the church that showed me the way to salvation is to give whatever I can, especially in rough times.

With that said I would like to bring up another practical point. If I were to come into a very large sum of money I would not tithe even ten percent. The reason for this is that the whole congregation needs to support their church, and a church flooded with a very large excess of money might be more inclined to be wasteful and lose it's way. I do wish I had the money to ensure that our church would be free from the fear of debt at the end of this year though. :)

Certainly this is wisdom for in this

Acts 3:6-7

6 Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

NKJV

the truth of God is rallied: Here is a people, Who God's Son invested His life in, completely with no money.... They had the best medical skills of all time but no money.... May God grant the wisdom that is crying in this street to be heard by us all in this last of day.... Love Steven