IGNORED

Is God Still Giving Man Revelation Today?

CWJ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Taco, I go for your remark!!!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I'm with Bob on his explanation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Basically I'm with Angels4U on this issue.  That the Lord Christ Jesus should be limited in foretelling to what is only stated in the human-selected canon of scripture?  However, I do not believe that our Lord will add any more end-time prophetic messages to our Bible other than what is already given, because after 2000 years, there has been nothing said either from the Israelis nor the Church that would qualify for that. (That  concerning the modern-day prophetic movement, I have yet to find any of them that foretell anything  that is in accordance  to our current revealed scriptures).   But that He is free to reveal anything He wants to us.  A case in point is Agabus, in the book of Acts, a New Testament prophet.  He,  presenting God's pronouncements, is mentioned twice therein (Acts 21:10-11, and 11;28). You can read the type of prophetic messages of the New  Testament.  

It is seldom heard among those who advocate that  NO prophesy is valid because of our securing a canon, about the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Read John 16:7-15 and please note the last part of verse 13.  If this isn't a promise of prophesy through a specific gift of the Spirit, then I do not know what else it could mean.  And it should also be kept in mind that all divine initiative begins with God, for His glory, and not with man.  (John 6:38-39 and 8:28-29).  Therefore,  I do not place any confidence in those who claim to have the gift of prophesy -the type that is additive (or more than likely, to alter) to our current canon.  Yet, I do believe that there is a gift of the Spirit called the "gift of prophesy", but that it is used to foretell specific events, that are of importance,  but   only to those  gathered (within a congregation) who would be so affected.  The New Testament gift of prophesy is not something that one should flaunt, in order to draw a following  -as many modern " Latter Rain prophets" do today.

.........wayne

Every time a new Christian comes to get to know Jesus as their personal Savaior , God will reveal Him self again![That person get a revelation who God is]

that is what I realy mean, in case some people misunderstand me.

Angels

Wayne that's a good thought on the subject. I think God still communicates with us, but I am suspect of any prophecy that is "additive".  Most of today's prophecy seems to line up with the latter rain doctrines(false).

I believe in the gifts of the Spirit, I don't think they are inoperative as some believe, and I think there are some very prevelant false teachings around on it too.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

CWJ;  good thought, and I'm 100% with you on this one.  Generally those who advocate NO prophesy is valid because we have the canon  of scripture are also, (I believe) called "word only" folks.  It seems to me that since our Bible does not state anything about any of the gifts of the  Spirit becoming  obsolete, that those who deny that part of His ministry are (in my estimation) greiving the Holy Spirit, because of His demonstrated lack of leadership in the lives of those who advocate that teaching.  Therefore, they have not witnessed the gifts that they proclaim to be obsolete, nor any of the others, for that matter.

What do you think?

..........wayne

Right on, brother Wayne. I know from my salvation experience that God still reaches out and will touch you! I know from my walk that we are forgiven of past,present, and future sins. I know from my fellowship with Him that His Word is the anchor of our faith.

This is another case of man limiting God and trying to keep Him in a nice neet little box, but it doesn't work that way.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

• 2 months later...

What for kind of Revelation is God giving to us at the moment? Can you see what is happening all around us?

Only a little while and the big falling apart from the faith will happen, make sure you stand strong in what you believe and turn to the Bible for answers and not to people.