IGNORED

Where does the idea of a natural rebuilt Temple come from?

sdktlk

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I read, "...Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom..." (Mat 27:50-51) Is this not indeed an act of God? Yes, we all know that it is. That being the case we discover the Apostle Paul, in his epistle to the Galatians, discussing those who would desire to re-institute some portion of the law saying, "...For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor..." (Gal 2:18) Therefore, if God were to build again that which He has destroyed would that not make God Himself a transgressor?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

You can read all about the Temple of the Lord that will be rebuilt in Jerusalem during the Millenium Reign in the book of Ezekial.:thumbsup:

peace,

dave

Grace to you,

You can read all about the Temple of the Lord that will be rebuilt in Jerusalem during the Millenium Reign in the book of Ezekial.:thumbsup:

peace,

dave

My apologies, my original question should have been, "Where does a rebuilt natural temple that would be BLESSED of God come in, as it was God that "rent the veil" in the Temple that then was. If it was God that destroyed the natural temple how could He possibly "build again that which He destroyed," and if it were built again how could God call anything affiliated with it "holy?"

Grace to you,

peace,

dave

My apologies, my original question should have been, "Where does a rebuilt natural temple that would be BLESSED of God come in, as it was God that "rent the veil" in the Temple that then was. If it was God that destroyed the natural temple how could He possibly "build again that which He destroyed," and if it were built again how could God call anything affiliated with it "holy?"

Why do you take communion?

Here's a hint for you;

Eze 46:10

And the prince shall be in the midst of them, and when they go in, he shall go in; and when they go out, he shall go out.

Eze 46:11

And at the feasts and at the appointed seasons the grain offering shall be an ephah to a bullock, and an ephah to a ram, and to the lambs as much as he is able to give, and a hin of oil to each ephah.

Eze 46:12

Now when the prince shall prepare a voluntary burnt offering or peace offerings voluntarily unto the LORD, one shall then open him the gate that faces toward the east, and he shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, as he did on the sabbath day: then he shall go out; and after his going out one shall shut the gate.

Grace to you,

peace,

dave

Why do you take communion?

Not quite clear as to what my taking communion has to do with anything. The question is posed how could God have a hand in building again a natural temple, and how could it be declared "holy?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I submit that the temple being built is the corporate Son of which Jesus is the head & not a "natural" temple built by man. God is spirit & has no need of a manmade temple.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I submit that the temple being built is the corporate Son of which Jesus is the head & not a "natural" temple built by man. God is spirit & has no need of a manmade temple.

This creates the question of why did God have a temple in the first place? If you look into what the temple is going to be used for, it makes sense that one is built again.

This creates the question of why did God have a temple in the first place? If you look into what the temple is going to be used for, it makes sense that one is built again.

The answer to that one seems simple enough. "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual." (1Cor 15:46) Seems to me that somewhere along the line this verse, along with others have been expanded to say "natural, spiritual, and then natural again." Just saying. Doesn't it seem so to you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

The natural temple was needed as meeting place of God with man. Now He meets with man one on one because Jesus enabled us to be filled with His Spirit.