• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Interesting topic. As a believer growing up in a home of non-believers, I can't remember when I found out santa claus was a lie. I do know that I regret perpetuating the lie with my own children, but somehow we just keep doing it without even giving it rational thought. When I found out, it was no great revelation; it was as if I had always known. I think this is probably the more common experience.

If I was a thinking individual, I would ponder the weird things that we all believe without actually having any reason to believe them - everything from the little neuroses that everyone has to the fact that the world is a good place. It's almost like there really is a 'prince of the power of the air' that feeds things into your head from the magnetic waves all around you and makes you carry on with traditions like santa claus or eating processed foods without full realization of what you are doing.

Okay, sorry - in my own odd world, this does relate to santa claus but you made me think too much about it, so carry on. i'm butting out for now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God does not answer prayers for amputees (why?)

The answer involves spiritual principles that you are not willing to receive. The spiritual dimension is governed by laws just as this one is, and to tap into that dimension has it's own laws.

God isn't a genie, yet our prayers treat him as such. This is not how to receive miracles.

The answer involves spiritual principles that you are not willing to receive. The spiritual dimension is governed by laws just as this one is, and to tap into that dimension has it's own laws.

God isn't a genie, yet our prayers treat him as such. This is not how to receive miracles.

Nice dodge :laugh:

And what would be a good way to receive miracles, if I were an amputee?

It isn't a dodge. It is recorded in Scripture there were places Jesus could not perform miracles due to the lack of faith of the town.

Did you see the report I posted on the Brazilians who were raised from the dead after about 3 days from the flooding there? Do you believe it happened as said, or are you going to look for any way you can to claim the report false?

I am just interested to know about your experience when you first knew that Santa Claus was not real. How did you react, what you felt, etc?

:laugh: Uh, I still believe that Santa is real. I'm serious. Just as I suspect I would define God, soul, etc. in a different way than you would, I also define Santa a bit differently than the norm. For me Santa is the love and caring that parents show their children. I find that to be very real. So I think Attel did see Santa that Christmas eve he became a skeptic./

:thumbsup:

Amen!

Love

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:26-27

Is God Given

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Merry Christmas Jesus

It is recorded in Scripture there were places Jesus could not perform miracles due to the lack of faith of the town.

This assumes that all amputees live in unfaithful towns or themselves are unfaithful.

I doubt that.

Our whole society lives in doubt. And "lack of faith" is not "unfaithful" - the word "faithful" means trustworthy. The word "faith" means to put strong trust in. One is character, the other is action.

Skepticism breaks the connection fro the physical dimension to the spiritual dimension.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I remember being surprised, probably a little sad, but I quickly got over it.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

It is recorded in Scripture there were places Jesus could not perform miracles due to the lack of faith of the town.

This assumes that all amputees live in unfaithful towns or themselves are unfaithful.

I doubt that.

Our whole society lives in doubt. And "lack of faith" is not "unfaithful" - the word "faithful" means trustworthy. The word "faith" means to put strong trust in. One is character, the other is action.

Skepticism breaks the connection fro the physical dimension to the spiritual dimension.

Isn't it strange though that God never seems to heal amputees? He is credited with healing all manner of other diseases, after all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

I am just interested to know about your experience when you first knew that Santa Claus was not real. How did you react, what you felt, etc?

In all honesty I didn't mind that he wasn't real at all. I was probably 6 when I learned he was made up, and I had already kind of suspected it. The gifts still wind up under the tree without him. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/06/1981

I feel that God doesn't do the same degree of miracles that were performed in Christ's time because we really do not need them to make a choice about him. We've got scripture and testimonials and missionaries preaching the word all over the world. Add to that the slowly dawning realization that the sciences, no matter how advanced they become, can never answer all questions and the choice is there.