• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

A young man over on CafeChrist (a christian teen message board) has posted this in an effort to disprove the Bible as divinely inspired.

Bible Contradictions

PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible! There are hundreds of denominations and sects, all using the "inspired Scriptures" to prove their conflicting doctrines.

Why do trained theologians differ? Why do educated translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings? Why all the confusion? Shouldn't a document that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be as clear as possible?

"If the trumpet give an uncertain sound," Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:8,

Edited by Pentecost

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I have printed these out, but I will be out of town for a week. When I return i will answer ad seriatam

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

I, also, will be printing this out. I will do an inductive study on this. There are bits and pieces that I do know where they were incorrect but I want to get all of the facts straight before I post THE TRUTH. A lot of the bible verses are taken out of context. I will get back to you as soon as possible, although it may take a while. In the mean time keep your faith. You know inside that God is real and NOT contradictory...I will do my best to prove this... even if I have to study every single word. (if you are saved) the holy spirit is living inside you and you cannot second guess that. Pray to God and tell him how this makes you feel and pray for wisdom, guidance, and some good, accurate information as you are waiting. Thanks, HIS. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Pentecost,

In such a situation many a believer may find his/herself either feeling discouraged due to the fact that some answers cannot be directly answered, or with the simple fact that this soul does not know the truth. To seek out the truth before posting would be the best answer here. For the truth is the only way. There was indeed a thing or two within the things posted that bring a question or two to mind, but hopefully it will not be something that the good word of God or prayer to him could not answer. I do wish you many blessing in this effort for lost souls that may have no desire to be helped are truly the most difficult to be reasoned with. God Bless.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

A young man over on CafeChrist (a christian teen message board) has posted this in an effort to disprove the Bible as divinely inspired.

Bible Contradictions

PAUL SAID, "God is not the author of confusion," (I Corinthians 14:33), yet never has a book produced more confusion than the bible! There are hundreds of denominations and sects, all using the "inspired Scriptures" to prove their conflicting doctrines.

Why do trained theologians differ? Why do educated translators disagree over Greek and Hebrew meanings? Why all the confusion? Shouldn't a document that was "divinely inspired" by an omniscient and omnipotent deity be as clear as possible?

"If the trumpet give an uncertain sound," Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:8,

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

Thanks guys, I appriciate the help.

Tell this person that "Text without context is error."

I can see a few things that would be relatively easy to explain. Like the "lying spirit" was already in the mouth of false prophets...God didn't make anyone lie! He had sent prophets to the people but then these false prophets would deny what the prophets of God were saying. (this reminds me of the prosperity teachers of today)

That is an example of a hebraic idiom that is hard to translate. Kinda like the "evil eye" means stingy.

"Thou shalt not kill" would be better rendered as "thou shalt not murder". God only sent Israel to destroy the wicked after they had become totally reprobate. He even punished His chosen people when they became reprobate! He is fair and just.

He wasn't being some compulsive immature pagan diety going out to kill the innocent like the Greek or Roman gods. Those who were destroyed were given plenty of chances to repent first. The book of Obadiah is a good short read where it explains why He destroyed the Edomites.

If anything, this proves that God is just when He punishes the wicked. Tell your friend that pointing a critical finger at the bible ain't gonna help him on judgement day.

Anyone who chooses to believe this does not have ears to hear....yet.

Dare this person to challenge God to prove Himself. We don't have to defend God....even the rocks cry out.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I agree wholeheartedly with Yod.

But if I have time, I may try and tackle some of these. The problem lies not with the bible, God's word, but with this guy himself. As stated some have already attempted to explain it, but he has chosen to deny their explanations. His mind is already made up. A better question is why is this guy so set on destroying a faith that isnt real to him? What is he angry at? Could that be God himself he is rebeling against?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

This may be a long night...........

How many animals on the ark?

Gen 6:19  And you shall bring into the ark two of every kind, of every living thing of all flesh, to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female.

Gen 6:20  Two of every kind shall come to you to keep them alive; of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind.

Gen 7:1  And Jehovah said to Noah, You and all your house come into the ark, for I have seen you righteous before Me in this generation.

Gen 7:2  You shall take with you every clean animal by sevens, the male and female. And take two of the animals that are not clean, the male and female.

Gen 7:3  Also take of the fowls of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Gen 7:4  For in seven more days I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights. And I will destroy from off the face of the earth every living thing that I have made.

Gen 7:5  And Noah did according to all that Jehovah commanded him.

Gen 7:6  And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

Gen 7:7  And Noah went in. And his sons and his wife and his sons' wives went in with him into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

Gen 7:8  Of the clean animals, and of the animals that were not clean, and of the fowls, and of everything that creeps on the earth,

Gen 7:9  two by two they went in to Noah into the ark, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.

(MKJV)

Ok to me, there is not contradiction. The unclean animals were in pairs, the clean animals and birds were 7 each. They all walked into the ark 2 by 2. Some have thought that it means 7 pairs, others that it is 3 pairs with an odd male for the sacrifice. I suppose to someone who is seeking to nit pick on every word, they see fault here. There is not doctrinal fault, nothing that changes any meaning in my faith. Certainly walking in 2 by 2 encompasses the 7 clean animals and birds.