IGNORED

Un-contradicting the Bible.

And yet Jesus was at one time human, which means he too was flawed and couldn't make those judgements.

Jesus was flawed? Ask him to prove it.

Also if imperfections exist in men then the creator, God, made an error by allowing such flaws.

He allows freewill. He didn't want us to be robots.

Your friend is not condemned by God. He is condemned by himself. He has rejected God....not the other way around.

As my own little addition to this discussion I note that the Bible is based on a single assumpion, that there is an omnipotent being, God, who created Man. Without this assumption, the Bible and religion as a whole loses any real meaning.

:laugh:

We are "assuming" there is a God because we see a universe created by an intelligent being. Is it unreasonable to assume this intelligent being is capable of communicating with His creation?

Ask your friend to explain how 15% of the Bible is prophecy and not a single one has failed.

:laugh:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

And yet Jesus was at one time human, which means he too was flawed and couldn't make those judgements.

False assumption. Jesus was still fully God when on earth. He could die for our sins since He was sinless. Jesus was not flawed when on earth or at any time. Therefore He could make that judgement.

Also if imperfections exist in men then the creator, God, made an error by allowing such flaws. If he purposely did so then why? Essentially didn't the flaws cause God to have to exert his power to man as he does in the Bible? Without such flaws there would be no need for questions, for faith, or even for a separate world outside Eden.

God gave us free will. Man messed it up. Dont shift blame onto God for what mankind did.

As my own little addition to this discussion I note that the Bible is based on a single assumpion, that there is an omnipotent being, God, who created Man. Without this assumption, the Bible and religion as a whole loses any real meaning.

And he is looking at it from his own bias: that the bible is flawed since God isnt real. With that assumption, he cant possibly look at the bible and read it with any real understanding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Science hangs on the assumption that everything is now the way it's always been. Without this assumption, science as a whole loses any real meaning.

:)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Hey, I asked a very wise lady, (she is disicpling me) she e-mailed me this...I have read just the first part of the letter and first let me say that the letter is not written by someone genuinely seeking the Lord but was left on a bulletin board in a youth fellowship area by someone who appears to be an atheist and motive is to confuse. Having said that, it is the most blatent "out of context" problem. I don't have time to go through it all today, but just the first reference used, Paul is addressing the problem of speaking in tongues in the church which was being abused in the early corinthian chuch. When someone speaks in tongues and there is no translation, it can be confusing. This is not a reference to confusion of the message of the Bible. When it comes to thou shall not kill...there is a great difference in the Law given to man and the references to God's judgement upon those who are idol worshippers. God's judgement is certain and a picture of what is to come to those who do not have faith in God to save them from the Wrath of God against sin. It is also really silly to intimate further down that the donkey that was being stolen that was going to carry Christ into Jerusalem. I have to go now but if this person was genuinely seeking I would spend more time but it reminds me of a verse in 2Timothy that says "they are always learning but never to acknowledge the truth just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth-men of depraved minds, who as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, there folly will be clear to everyone." When someone has genuine questions the Bible also says, "those who oppose him he must gently insturct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to aknowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do His will." It takes wisdon to know the difference. God Bless, .... I e-mailed my friend to tell her that this clairification is not for the author of that outrageous letter, but for many christians that may be misled from reading that. I am confident that I will soon have more clairification for you soon. I will keep you all in my prayers. Love-HIS :t2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Leonard here......

I worked so many hours this week, I only read about half of these. It would appear that this young man is so arrogant he believes that for 3500 years, all the minds of man have never seen these Scriptures before! He's never had them answered to his satisfaction? That is because he WISHES to disbelieve, and NO ANSWER WILL EVER SATISFY HIM!

Hopefully, I will actually post answers next week.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

Still need a little help hear guys!

Thanks.