Guest Tigershark

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This issue can be addressed through a study of Romans 9.

Romans 9 NASB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brother Ben

Are we chosen as in selected from among the multitudes by the Lord?

OR do we in our freewill choose the Lord?

First off i would like to point out that you are in reality trying to ask two questions that you are considering as one. One relates to being born again and one relates to those in the ministry who are in reality disciples of Christ.

The answer in both cases is yes .

How can this be?

There is eternal life for all who will reconize Jesus Christ as Lord. This is where our freewill enters in. They are the sheep spoken of by the Lord.

Secondly there are those that are called into the ministry by the Lord as were the early  disciples of Christ.  Thier two primary goals should be!

One.   Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2-15

Two. To feed the sheep as disciples of Christ. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.  John 21:17

Luke 6:13  And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles.

Jesus chooses whom He calls into the ministry.

I hope that this will answer your questions.

Brother Ben Selah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you very much for your post, Brother Ben.

:cool2:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

John 6

44   No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45   It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

44)So John is saying here that no man can come to the Father until the father sends his message via his disciples to that person to accept. Are we not given the order to preach the WORD to ALL MEN

(45) Yes and they shall ALL be taught but they must have both heard and learned now everyone will hear but only those that have faith and accept will learn of the Father.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Amen Adstar. God is willing that none should perish, but that ALL would come to repentence.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Are you saying that we are ALL chosen but that many reject the calling?

That is impossible. Yes,

Guest Tigershark

If I may interject here.  If the Calvinst are correct then this planet and what happens here are a sick joke, dervived from a twisted mind.  To place intelligent self aware being in a tough place tell them there are options for betterment, and remove those options is simply warped.  

So what we are saying is that God decided way in advance who would be redeamed and who would not be redeamed.

If this is what I am hearing correctly, then there is no place for one such as I with this God, nor whould I want such a place.  Does this Make me "one of the hell bound, satan loving, heathen"?  Well, celebrate in heaven for those of us forgotten, and not by accident appearantly, just don't make me sick by calling God "just" in such a case.  for I can prove otherwise, with out the bible.

"Eat, drink and be marry for tomarrow we die"

no regards

Tigershark

Guest C.D. Light
God has chosen all of us for His kingdom and has provided a way for this to be--He desires for all to have eternal life with him. He has foreknowledge of who will answer His call however.

suzie--What about "many are called, but few are chosen"?

That doesnt sound like he has chosen all.

:cool2:

cd

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

calvinism Is a strong doctrine. I have never been able to sway any of it's adherents away from it :cool2:  They have their select quotes from the bible that they hold on to like a rottweiller  ???  sad but true. Hope it isn't something that keeps them from eternity.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days