sdktlk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

No a bad tree cannot bear good fruit, but as I don't personally know any of you I cannot always accurately judge the fruit of some of the "trees". Each of us have various levels of understanding in different areas of the scriptures and are in various stages of growth, so if I think a brother or sister is more knowledgeable than I am in something, I will listen and if it doesn't immediately bear witness then I take it to the Father to see if it is right or not. We need each other to be able to grow. I think sometimes people come across in ways that they don't intend. Be blessed. Your sis in Christ

:cool:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A tree isn't necessarily a person.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

A tree isn't necessarily a person.

You lost me. Please explain.:noidea:

Intentions, motives, modus operandi, etc.

Intentions, motives, modus operandi, etc.

I see those more as "fruits" but anyway we have gotten sidetracked from thread topic. If you wish to continue we should move to pm or start another thread. your sis in Christ, Deb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I got nothing on the cup :noidea:, but have always associated hand with ministry.

There is much said in Scripture about a "cup." But as it is a "golden cup" which, as you said, points to the Person and Nature of God we see the Lord Jesus referring to a cup, "and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Mat 26:39) And again the Lord said to the disciples, with respect to a cup, "can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized." (Mar 10:38b-39)

The cup the Lord is referring to here is that which contains the will of God for His life. And He told the disciples they too would drink of that same cup, which was the will of God for the disciples lives. By this we can see that a "golden cup" should contain the will of God for the believers life, that is it should contain "the water of life." (Rev 22:17) However, the "golden cup" in the hand of this woman does not contain "the water of life" it is full of "abominations and filthiness of her fornication." There is death in her cup.

The "hand" does signify ministry along with fellowship, blessing, safety, love, etc. This hand should be "holding forth the Word of Life" (Php 2:16,) but we see it is not.

The appearance of this woman does not seem to match up with her being anything that could be classified as a secular government. She is however joined together with a "scarlet colored beast." Any thoughts anyone?

Any thoughts anyone?

Well, you have made it clear in other threads that you believe the Harlot to be the Roman Catholic Church, and that all Denominations to be her daughters.

You have also stated in an earlier thread that you do not attend church and have not learned anything from the fellowship of believers (yet we are supposed to learn from you).

So your learning is as a body part separated from the body.

And while claiming the Holy Spirit as your sole instructor, most of what you post about is eschatology. Yet Jesus spoke more on how to know God and how to live a godly life.

So while discussing eschatology is not outside of Scripture, for it to be brought to the forefront is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  282
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Any thoughts anyone?

Well, you have made it clear in other threads that you believe the Harlot to be the Roman Catholic Church, and that all Denominations to be her daughters.

You have also stated in an earlier thread that you do not attend church and have not learned anything from the fellowship of believers (yet we are supposed to learn from you).

So your learning is as a body part separated from the body.

And while claiming the Holy Spirit as your sole instructor, most of what you post about is eschatology. Yet Jesus spoke more on how to know God and how to live a godly life.

So while discussing eschatology is not outside of Scripture, for it to be brought to the forefront is.

Neb, I attended "church" for many years, and my greatest desire was and is to fellowship. And, I have learned a great deal from the teachings and fellowship of others, some of the greatest teachers of all are those who do not even realize they are teaching you anything. However, when the Lord shows you the Truth you have two options, either to walk in it or not. I do still fellowship with Christians though, just not under the man made "signs."

I, like yourself, have believed all of what is taught concerning the assembly, the 7 year trib, a one man anti-christ, a rebuilt temple, etc. etc. But, when Truth comes along, again, one has to decide. I did not start out with the understandings that I have today, we all are suppose to understand that "the path of the just is as the shining light, it shines more and more unto the perfect day." (Pro 4:18) If the Light is not getting brighter the problem then is not with the Light, it is with us.

I would say that the greatest thrust of what I've said here is that if we, as children of God, want to come into a "unity of the faith" then we need to understand the "strait gate." That we need to search out, before God, by His Holy Spirit for ourselves, what is Truth.

The reason I've discussed prophecy to such a great extent is to try to get the children of God to consider "what is true." I'm not defending any particular way of "seeing things." But I do discover that, just as the teachings of the "strait gate" being spoken to the disciples and not to unbelievers at large, and having discovered that the "stars" in Revelation can also point to human beings, at that point, when another point of view becomes indefensible, there is no yielding to the Truth.

And yes I have made it clear about the Harlot and her daughters. Love sounds an alarm, it does not remain silent, elsewise it is not love. This is not said in "defense" of myself, simply to say it would seem we need to be careful as to what we are in "defense" of, and that would apply to all, myself included, who would seem to be somewhat.

I got nothing on the cup :noidea:, but have always associated hand with ministry.

There is much said in Scripture about a "cup." But as it is a "golden cup" which, as you said, points to the Person and Nature of God we see the Lord Jesus referring to a cup, "and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Mat 26:39) And again the Lord said to the disciples, with respect to a cup, "can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized." (Mar 10:38b-39)

The cup the Lord is referring to here is that which contains the will of God for His life. And He told the disciples they too would drink of that same cup, which was the will of God for the disciples lives. By this we can see that a "golden cup" should contain the will of God for the believers life, that is it should contain "the water of life." (Rev 22:17) However, the "golden cup" in the hand of this woman does not contain "the water of life" it is full of "abominations and filthiness of her fornication." There is death in her cup.

The "hand" does signify ministry along with fellowship, blessing, safety, love, etc. This hand should be "holding forth the Word of Life" (Php 2:16,) but we see it is not.

The appearance of this woman does not seem to match up with her being anything that could be classified as a secular government. She is however joined together with a "scarlet colored beast." Any thoughts anyone?

I see what you mean about the cup. Looks like that would be an interesting study in itself. As for the beast I think it is all the unsaved peoples of the earth as in Rev17:15. Though could be wrong as I have not put a lot of study into it. I do see the woman as the corrupt religious system of the world though and can see why God says "Come out of her ,my people....".

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

So heres my disclaimer to all, I am not pushing my thinking on anyone, not going to debate or argue. Below are my views, my thinking from reading and studying what is in the world today and how its all kinda shaping up.

Babylon is interesting, personally I see it as America, the western mindset so to speak, America interestingly enough has the biggest military base ever built right there in Iraq right outside of the old ancient city of Babylon, for why I have no idea we are supposed to be leaving that country yet still continue to build, have a permante staff and employee hundreds if not thousands of other part time employees. Babylon is more than a capital city its a whole system and that 'system' does not require it to be in the ancient land but one that operates like Babylon. Babylon is a chief city but it also has many cities attached to it, no good conquerer would be satisfied with just one city! lol And because its a system I think that we can see it all over the world, countries invading others and conquering them and ruling the people taking away their systems and pushing the conquering model on them. Babylon must have an army that conquers and one that the medes and other islamic nations hate and wish to conquer themselves or fight with as we see in Jer. 51:11 so far rome doesn't fit the bill and the EU is a bit fractured at this time and they themselves are not the police men of the world and I believe they have discontinued pushing military bases on nations across the world at this time. Europe or Britan at one time was quite the conquering nation but no longer and even if America doesn't 'conquer' nations we do impose our will on them. Babylon is destroyed in a day and the merchants of the world mourn, seems we need to find out which country or cities would create such distress, which system so far still holds sway with money and trade, military and who the beast hates the most. Babylons days are nearing an end according to scripture if indeed we are entering the last of this age so it won't be much longer before we all shake our heads wondering how we all didn't see things right. :)

Every country on this planet more than likely has some role in the end times chiefly because Gods own are scattered everywhere. There does seem to be one system headed by rulers that have held more land than any other, that has their presence all over the world, that impose their ideals and ways on others, a military powerhouse, trader with all the nations, has one of the best economic systems in the world, (not for long perhaps) the list goes on for the attributes of Babylon. For me this does not fit the rcc being the head of a revived roman empire for many reasons which many believe Babylon is but I do whole heartily believe they (EU,rcc) have great influences on America, and the rest of the world. The white horse could very well be the rcc just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Vary good and rather clear thinking. :thumbsup: I liked it, though I must say that the idea of any one pushing their ideas on another is kind of an odd way of doing things. When it comes to the Word it is rare that any one I know would do so. You see we all see the Word in a different light. This is done in part to bring out discussion so all may find the truth.

How ever on Babylon, having talked about it many times. I think that we as a whole have found it may well be the USA. (Keep in mind the we are the folks in our little Bible study group not the whole world) We came to this understand by looking at what the Babylon is and does. First off, if the USA was to drop off the face of the earth right now, how many nations would be hurt by that? Almost every nation on earth has loaned us some rather big bucks. Also the USA is the biggest importer in the world.

We buy from every one, and make almost nothing for our self any more.

As of late we have been being sold out by our own leaders, and may soon be given over to Islam, by way of Sh areal law, if we do not stand up. Thus we would be run by, Islam and be a true part of the people of Nebuchadnezzar. Looking at how DC now bows to Islam, and gives them more freedom that it does its own people. With allowing them pray in schools and not followers of Yeshua, and wishing to enter a treaty with the UN, ( a Muslim based organization ) to remove all small arms from its own people. The one thing that has always held off an invasion of this nation is the number of folks that are armed, and willing to fight for our nation.

Keep in mind I never say things as being fact. It may sound that way, yet in truth it is only the way things seem to me. It may be wrong and if so, so be it. In the end when we all stand with Yeshua, we will know what we had right and what was wrong. Until that day I will never say I know every thing.

Many people believe they hold all the answers to prophecy and occasionally like to come and push their 'truths' on everyone, I just do not like using His words to fight over something we still do not see clearly at all.

I do think America is Babylon and have for a many years but its my opinion one I believe I gleaned from scriptures, but that doesn't make me the only one with the truth if at all! Heres a site you might be interested in link, they also thinks America is Babylon but always insists its his opinions and welcomes honest dialogue. And Amen to standing with Yeshua! and I always like to say prophecy is best seen after the fact.

shalom,

Mizz