bad biker

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I post on another website for Christians. One of the members is a Messianic Jew and intentionally misspells the name "Christ" or "Christian". Says it is evil. Although the name of the site has "Christian" in it, so she has to spell it correctly sometimes in order to log on.

I am glad she is a member and enjoy her posts. But I think this is just plain rude on a site for Christians. I understand the history of hard feelings between Christians and Jews. If she does not want to identify herself with Christians, that is her right, but to intentionally type "chestan" or something, in my opinion is arrogant.

I would just like your thoughts, please.

Thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Are you sure she just can't spell very well? You should see some of the spelling on this board, (LOL!)....just a thought..

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

And she' is Messianic? That doesn't make sense to me. There are those that spell God G-d, and say that they do it out of respect. I don't see anything wrong with that. But to call it evil? That's strange to me. :huh:

Guest shiloh357

Beware of so called Messianic folks who malign Christianity. There are certain traditions that I have questions about, but that in no way reflects upon true bible-believing Christians.

Christians are the best friends the Jewish people have. It is cruel and arrogant to call Christianity evil. I have rebuked a few Messianic Jews for saying such things.

Usually, the Messianic folks who call Christianity evil, are usually those who are caught up in legalism, or have wierdo doctrines. Some subscribe to Orthodox Judaism and its practices, and are totally way off base.

Some of the biggest proponents of this way out idea, are the Yahwists. These are people who believe that you can only refer to God by the Name Yahweh or Yahveh, or some other variant. They also teach that is wrong to use the Name Yeshua, but rather one must use the Name Yahshuah when referring to the Messiah.

According to the Yahwists, you must call out to Yahshuah to be saved, because if you say "Jesus," He will not hear you nor answer you!!!! Talk about wacked!!! I would post some websites, but I do not want to inadvertantly promote their heresies.

The Yahwists also deny the triune Godhead, deny that Jesus is God, and also deny that the Holy Spirit is a person. They also teach "soulsleep." They are legalists extrodinare. They believe that the Sabbath day (Friday night to Saturday night) is an absolute requirement, and they feel the same way about the Festivals as well.

The worst thing that I have encountered though is that they feel that the Church is a pagan institution, that all Christians worship a pagan "Jesus," and are going to Hell. They believe that all Christians who call upon Jesus are not saved.

They have tried to infiltrate Messianic congregations and are still trying to do so. Their teachings are pure poison. They posture themselves as "Messianic." Whenever someone tells me that they are "Messianic" I do some gentle interrogation to find out what THEY mean by "Messianic."

So biker, I would find out what exactly she means by Messianic and find out what her doctrinal beliefs are. She is waaaaaay out there on Christianity being evil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I post on another website for Christians.

Thanks guys. I think you nailed it . I did not know there were divisions among Messianics. This lady blasts the Christian "demonizations" yet apparently belongs to one as well. Shiloh, you are so right. She is extremely bound up in Orthodox Judaism. (And I don't care what she says, I am not going to grow the hair on my legs and armpits to be more pleasing to God.)

By the way, I am MRS. Bad Biker. Mr. Biker would not get his feelings hurt over stuff like this! :laugh:

Traveller, I believe her misspelling of Christian (chr-stun) is intended to be the OPPOSITE of the respectful G-d.

Friends, I really appreciate your kind words. I guess I take these things to heart.

And I appreciate the information and warning.

I guess I will go back to my lurking through this forum! You guys are terrific! :hug:

Edited by bad biker

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Mrs. Bad Biker, "traveller" is also a "biker" person type, too. I believe she rides a Goldwing.

My hubby is a biker type and prefers Goldwing and BMW bikes above all else.

Sorry...off topic.

Cats

Hey Catsmeow! (and Traveller)

(still off topic here)

We have a Honda GoldWing too. Biker is my driver! :blink:

Nice to meet you biker chicks!

and another thing you might should know, Mrs Biker chick

This division is a cancer in the UMJC (United Messianic Jewish Congregations) which is the 2nd largest association of messianic jews in the world. My own congregation just left the UMJC because we didn't feel like they were addressing this issue strongly enough.

The UMJC is not "ortho-practic" (practising Orthodox judaism) but there are quite a few congregations within it who are.....and growing.

As Shilo mentioned these folks are legalists and bigoted. I understand their bitterness but it can not be excused.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Another aspect of the Yahwists movement is the Ephramite movement which considers itself Messianic as well. Basically many of the messianics that get wrapped up in these doctrinal errors are displaced "gentiles."

Basically inside the Messianic movement, it's Jewish leadership and the voting rights of the movement are held exclusively to Jews and many gentiles feeling displaced out of the movements wanted to keep their "Jewish" roots but feel more important. So many of those who are caught up in the errors, are simply "gentiles" trying to be "more Jewish" than Jews!

The bottom line is that you can't generalize all Messianics the same way you can't generalize Christians!

In Israel, when I tell people I am a Christian then -- guess what they think I'm Catholic! LOL!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George