IGNORED

Who or What do you think the leaven refers to here in Matthew 13:33?

logos7

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I've always heard that the " Kingdom of God " was the ministry of the believer thru Christ, and the " Kingdom of Heaven " being the literal kingdom Christ sets up here on earth. Of course, I may be wrong... Any insight guys? :)

Unless the " Kingdom of Heaven " can have more than one meaning?

I have read several commentaries that agree that the " Kingdom of Heaven " was established at Pentecost, that being Christ's church here on earth, the Gospel and His commandments.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1993

I've always heard that the " Kingdom of God " was the ministry of the believer thru Christ, and the " Kingdom of Heaven " being the literal kingdom Christ sets up here on earth. Of course, I may be wrong... Any insight guys? :)

I have read several commentaries that agree that the " Kingdom of Heaven " was established at Pentecost, that being Christ's church here on earth, the Gospel and His commandments.

Hmm, never heard that one, could be. I suppose a good self-study would clear things up. Thanks for the insight though :thumbsup:

I guess the next question lies @ whether the two terms could ever be interchanged? :huh:

Edited by Saved2Serve

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Hmm, never heard that one, could be. I suppose a good self-study would clear things up. Thanks for the insight though :thumbsup:

I guess the next question lies @ whether the two terms could ever be interchanged? :huh:

Mt 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Lu 9:2 And he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Mathhew 13:33

Another parable spake He unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

So from this verse who or what do you think is the leaven?

Matt 13:33

33 Another parable He spoke to them: "The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened."

NKJV

Ps 119:11

11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

KJV

Ps 119:58

58 I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word.

KJV

Ps 119:161

161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.

KJV

Jer 15:16

16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.

KJV

The Lord was, is, will be our bread of life for we shall live by every Word that Has proceeded out of His Mouth. For the truth was come down out of Heaven and Now has returned leaving

the most important lesson of all "He our bread of Life" just as He lived by!- seen in the first of three temptations from satan himself....As I love this truth the first shall be last and the last shall be first

So as in the beginning His Word created so in the end His Word will justify in Creating all without need of ristrictions or even sins rememberance.... Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1986

Mathhew 13:33

Another parable spake He unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

So from this verse who or what do you think is the leaven?

Shalom....allow me to interpret this saying for you beloved (knowing that all understanding comes directly from above). Leaven at times in the Word of G-d usually is referred to as evil (1 cor 5:6); But in this particular case, it is not. We must understand first the powerful dynamics of yeast itself or leaven; When yeast is kneaded in the dough, it expands by itself...the yeast in this parable is related to the Kingdom of G-d (the Spirit of G-d). We know from the Holy Scriptures that the Kingdom of G-d will grow from an internal dynamic; For the Lord Himself said, "...the kingdom of Heaven is within you". Now the woman can be directly related to Yeshua (Jesus) and the three measures of meal can absolutely be the Church and/or believers. Once the leaven has been applied or "hid" in the "meal" (believers), it is only then a matter of time until the Kingdom of G-d expands so mightily until the "whole" (the whole body of believers) becomes complete. As the parable of the mustard seed (matt 13:31,32) addresses the extent of the Kingdoms growth, this parable conerns with the power and 'process' of the growth....I hope this edifies you a little bit more my friend...Shalom!!