IGNORED

I told someone they were going to Hell today

Jacqueline

Guest CalvaryAloha

As a believer in Christ, you should apologize for what you said. I agree with KMB in that you should look at your heart... What do you feel the Holy Spirit leading you to do?

First step for you should be to take a moment and pray about it. By telling someone they are going to hell no matter how you said it is not being a good witness. We should always express the love and grace of God first when talking to others and not take the position of judging as there is only one true Judge.

When you get involved in disputes with believers and/or non-belivers always keep your faith in mind when opening your mouth and pretend you are talking to Jesus. This helps me when I feel angry towards someone else as it reminds me to treat others as Jesus would treat them.

Blessings!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Maybe I should have said that she claim to be a Christian, but she uses Jesus name as a four letter word through out the day every day. When I told her talk like that leeds to hell I didn't yell at her.

Jacqueline...From what you remark it seems as if this lady has vexed your spirit over a period of time and when the pressure came you used it to give her a sharp warning. Guard your own heart...do what is appropriate ...and look to the L-rd to use this situation for His glory. Sooner or later she needed to be confronted and although this might not have been the ideal way...G-d can work through it. :)

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I'll tell her I'm sorry asap. Thank you all.

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

You basicaly said "You are Damned" in a cleaner, nicer way of saying it.

She was wrong for saying God is wrong, you were wong for Judging, and you know what the bible says about Judge...

Matthew 7:1

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Luke 6:37

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

1 Corinthians 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Twelve Ways To Humble Yourself

1. Routinely confess your sin to God. (Luke 18:9-14) All of us sin and fall short of the glory of God. However, too few of us have a routine practice of rigorous self-honesty examination. Weekly, even daily, review of our heart and behavior, coupled with confession to God, is an essential practice of humility.

2. Acknowledge your sin to others. (James 3:2, James 5:16) Humility before God is not complete unless there is also humility before man. A true test of our willingness to humble ourselves is being willing to share with others the weaknesses we confess to God. Wisdom, however, dictates that we do so with others that we trust.

3. Take wrong patiently. (1 Peter 3:8-17) This has been a difficult one for me. When something is unjust I want to react and rectify it. However, patiently responding to the unjust accusations and actions of others demonstrates our strength of godly character and provides an opportunity to put on humility.

4. Actively submit to authority

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Keep in mind nothing leads us to hell. We're already hell bound without Christ, so nothing actually causes us to get there quicker

great point!! even though her language may offend you, it doesnt mean it leads her to hell. this is a good example of us being unqualified to make such comments concerning salvation. if i saw a fellow believer drunk at a bar, that does not mean he is not saved, nor is he paving the way for hell. again, what we see can be deceiving.

in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I think if someone told me the God i serve is not always right that a little indignation would rise up in me.

If someone truly believes God isn't always right, they have pride in their heart and that condition could ultimately lead that person to hell.

I dont think you were that far off base in the way you responded.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

:)

Guest gardenlady

glad you are going to apologize. that is the christian thing to do. remember --god knows whose fault it was. god is in control of everything ---even when it doesn't go the way we plan or when it doesn't look good for us. i know it is hard to keep that in the front of your mind but when you do it becomes easier to deal with anyone, christian or not, when faced with an uncomfortable situation. god knows....he really does. just do what is right, even when right isn't being done to you. god sees that too.

gardenlady

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Twelve Ways To Humble Yourself

1. Routinely confess your sin to God. (Luke 18:9-14) All of us sin and fall short of the glory of God. However, too few of us have a routine practice of rigorous self-honesty examination. Weekly, even daily, review of our heart and behavior, coupled with confession to God, is an essential practice of humility.

2. Acknowledge your sin to others. (James 3:2, James 5:16) Humility before God is not complete unless there is also humility before man. A true test of our willingness to humble ourselves is being willing to share with others the weaknesses we confess to God. Wisdom, however, dictates that we do so with others that we trust.

3. Take wrong patiently. (1 Peter 3:8-17) This has been a difficult one for me. When something is unjust I want to react and rectify it. However, patiently responding to the unjust accusations and actions of others demonstrates our strength of godly character and provides an opportunity to put on humility.

4. Actively submit to authority