IGNORED

Is Mormonism Christian?

Guest Xan

Are you saying that it is impossible to love someone, unless you agree with them?
Calling people's faith a cult and calling them cultists is hardly accepting them and loving them for who they are. People aren't exactly going to love you back either if all you do is say that their religion is full of horse manure. Condemning them and their religion is hardly going to win them to Christ. Sometimes you can do the right thing but in the wrong way and I think that's what a lot of fundamentalist Christians do. Sometimes it's just a work of the flesh to argue over doctrine.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

Are you suggesting that we just leave them alone, and not share the true Gospel with them,
Accept them and quit demonizing them first of all. Witness to them if you feel led but through love and not a critical and condemning holier than thou spirit. Remember, it is only by God's grace that you receive salvation. Without the righteousness and forgivness of Christ, you are just like them.
I don't believe that the LDS doctrine is completely without value, but I would say that it lacks "salvational value"
I agree.

If we really do care about them, we wouldn't stand for them being lied to, and allow their faith to be shipwrecked through a False gospel, which is really no Gospel at all
Then you are not only talking about the Mormons but anyone else who isn't born again. That's most of the world, billions of people. They're all "cult" members I guess. That's a rather negative world view.
Would you consider teaching a false Gospel as being "eternally dangerous" to others?
Well, yes and no. I believe that God is in control.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Cult or not, the important thing is to not sit idly by, while those we claim to love, perish.

Amen, we need to love our neighbour and do unto them as we would like them to do to us.

Mainly what I'm saying is that the label "cult" is a hurtful label and that most Mormons are good and sincere people who should not be treated as a bunch of weird kooks which is what the label implies. In other words, I feel the labelling is unnecessary, hurtful, and unloving. Why not just call it the Mormon Church instead of the negative label?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

MR HUMAN !!!! I would also like a scrpiture that says what you have just CLAIMED ??  

And I don't Believe that the Mormans think of GOD IN THE SAME LIGHT AS WE DO !!!!

I have taked the Mormans into my house for a few hours and the LORD put Knowledge into my mind so I could over come them with the love of Christ !

They explained to me that there are 3 heveans no #### no eternal death !

They also baptise the dead ! thats in not chirstian !

I could go on and on and on ! but I had them leaving thinking of what God that I LOVE AND KNOW !!!

JESUS IS AWSOME!!!!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think what the problem here is everyone that says leave the Mormans alone wants to just love everyone. What others are saying is we can show that love by showing them the gospel of Christ. My heart goes out to those who are being mislead. By our not acknowledging that it is wrong we are in effect helping Satan do his job by helping him decieve them. We are saying it's ok because your nice. Mormonism is Satan in Sheeps clothing. Satan doesn't care who one worships as long as we don't worship Christ. He will go about this in ugly ways or nice ways. What ever works for him. And getting on here promoting tolerance on his behalf has got to have him in stiches. He loves this stuff. Here we are a bunch of Christians who truly belive that the way to salvation is Christ arguing the validity of a faith that definitely does not adhere to that idea. Some of Satans deceit is very obvious, but some comes in sheeps clothing. There are two forces working in this world, God's and Satan's. There is a war going on for our souls right now. As I type this it is going on. For the people who want to be nice, nice about all of this, hold on to your hats. Because if the Tribulation starts tomorrow you better be sure you know who your enemies are. Many will come in sheeps clothing. If you are so willing to toss around the idea of the way to salvation here, what will you do in the face of the real deal. This life we have here is a mere shadow, just wait until the wrath of God starts pouring out on this place. As far as I'm concerned cult is just another english word and no less offensive than wierd. The point being we need to know what is real and what isn't. Christ gave us a very clear way to know the difference. He is the only way. As far as the weak, and all that, that is a description of what we should strive to become. The Gospel was not wrote in scientific terms, it's clear to all that adhere to it.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

Therein lies the danger of knowing the 'truth'.

Prime#

Here we are a bunch of Christians who truly belive that the way to salvation is Christ arguing the validity of a faith that definitely does not adhere to that idea.
I think you err by saying Mormons don't believe that salvation is by Christ, they do preach Christ. I believe they get mixed up on grace and works, which a lot of Christians do, even a lot of born again Christians. Some people think you can get saved one day and then lose salvation the next. Personally, I have a lot more faith that the Mormons will get saved than I do the Jews, at least Mormons do have some faith in Christ. If the Jews can get saved at the last minute, then many more of the Mormons undoubtedly will too. A lot of your complaints about the Mormons can be levelled directly at the Jews too so I don't see how you can justify your remarks.

One thing you have to remember here is that you are not dealing solely with a false doctrine propagated by the devil, but you are dealing with honest and sincere people who don't understand your brand of salvation and have no idea why you are so viscerally opposed to their fellowship. Quite frankly, you come out looking like the bad guy and full of hatred for other beliefs and they don't even want to listen to your slurrs and accusations. I believe that kind of approach and mentality does more harm than good to the cause of Christ. Maybe you think we should force them all to be Christians or be shot. You can only win people through love and you are not loving them if you are calling their beliefs the lies of the devil. This is a modern day scribes and pharisees kind of situation.

Ok Lev, whatever. I don't know when I said I would approach anyone with hate and slurs. You don't know me but here is a little back ground info. I work for Muslims. Christ enters my conversations everyday. I have never once brought up their beliefs to them, I only express mine. To understand where they were at I took the time to read the Koran. Now they have made many derogatory remarks to me about my belief system, but I give them no reason to point a finger at me and say see how you christians act. On other levels they compliment me all the time because I am trust worthy and dependable, and hard working. I use these opportunities to tell them to thank Christ because he guides me. You see I have come to love this family very much and would like nothing more than to see them come to Christ. But as you say if I made slurs at them, or tried to shove it down their throats I would no longer be working for them and may have lost an opportunity that God gave me. But regardless of all of that I do, and must, recognize that their belief system is of another origin. If I do not recognize this than again I may pass up an opportunity that God gave me. If I were to be put in the same situation with a Mormon I would approach it in the same manner. Now as far as the Jews go I would be inclined to think the same thing except for one REALLY BIG PROBLEM, God told me through his word differently. The only reason I know the Jews will be saved is because Romans 11:25 says so. There is no way to get around that. I either believe everything scripture says or I don't, putting myself at great risk. I also agree with you that many Mormans will be saved in the end. But not because they hold onto their doctrine, but because they let it go. How will they do this, well probably because someone was observant enough to realize it was incorrect and cared enough to take the time and share the Good News with them. To do otherwise is to leave them in darkness and that is not love my friend, that is selfish.

Love in Christ

Teri

I am not speaking for anyone on this board, but many Christians do not witness because of cowardice.  No body wants to be laughed at or judged unfairly for their beliefs, but in the end it is G-d's opinion that truly counts.  I hope someone here will read this and see his/herself in it, because I see myself in it, and I do have to remind myself that it is G-d's opinion that matters.  I could never be pushy (except with my husband) or hateful.  To do so would bring not only judgement on to me by the other person, but he would judge G-d for my actions as well, and G-d wouldn't be pleased with me.  And suddenly I would be in the same place if I had never told him about salvation in the first place- his blood would be on my head.

Xman

That is so true. I can remember a time when I was very afraid. There were days of absolute anguish where I would keep my mouth shut because of fear. I have also had days where I couldn't deal with the negative reactions from others. At times I had wished I could go back to not knowing anything at all. For the most part those days have past. My pastor calls them the winter. But I had to go through them to know I would be ok regardless of what others thought. This is kind of funny, but the biggest thing people are dumb founded about is that I don't have sex. I don't because me and my fiance are not married yet. But I must say when the subject comes up and I say I am celibate it always leads to I follow Christ. It has turned into a good way to start a conversation about belief in Christ and to say yes what he asks of us is attainable.

Love in Christ

Teri

That brings up a couple of questions. Are you female,and if so how old are you and what are you doing for dinner tonight? Ha ha ha! Actually I was wondering when you are going to get married? Soon I hope. :shocked:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

the mormon dogma teaches that non mormon christians will all go to heaven.

in fact mormons think that most individuals will go to one of the 3 levels of heaven and very few will go to #### (the outer darkeness) except people like hitler, etc., in the outer darkness, you just cease to exist.....

so is the mormon view of ####......

compared to the traditional christian  idea that the majority of all Gods creation is doomed to eternal weeping and gnashing of teeth in everlasting ####...

which dogma illustrates more compassion?