Guest Xan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"Is Mormonism Christian?" is a very important question. The answer is equally important and simple.  No. Mormonism is not Christian.
    If you are a Mormon, please realize that I am not trying to attack you, your character, or the sincerity of your belief. If you are a non-Mormon looking into Mormonism, or if you are a Christian who is simply researching Mormonism, then this paper should be of help to you.
     The reason Mormonism is not Christian is because it, like any other cult, denies one or more of the essential doctrines of Christianity. Of the essential doctrines (Jesus is God in flesh, forgiveness of sins is by grace alone, and Jesus rose from the dead physically), Mormonism distorts two of them:  the person of Jesus, and His work of salvation.
    Mormonism teaches that God the Father has a body of flesh and bones (D. & C. 130:22) and that Jesus is a creation.  It teaches that he was begotten in heaven as one of God

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

RW,

If I may add, the Mormons have added the Book of Mormon to the Bible. The Bible Clearly states in Revelation 22:18, "For I testify unto any man that heareth the words of prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book."

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

To any reader that is searching for more in-depth answers to the thoughts that Bob laid out, these are a few sites which go into more detail the theology of the Mormon church.

Watchman Fellowship

Mormonism Research Ministry

With much agape love,

George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  88

No offense, but that was some really creepy stuff. I couldnt even fathom the thought of God coming from another planet with another God and taking a wife and having spirit children. Where does all this stuff have it's origins?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I agree that a born again Christian does not believe the same thing as a mormon does, but if you are a mormon reading this,I do love you as much as everybody else..and God does too!!

But I know that rw is right that if you don't believe that Jesus is God and that He died for your sins, you miss the most important part of what God wants us to believe, He loved us so much that He send His Son to earth to die for our sins.....if you read the Bible and pray about this I'm sure that The Holy Spirit will show you the truth...Jesus said I am the way, the Truth and the Life and nobody can come to the Father then through Him only,

With lots of love in Christ, my Redeemer, Angels

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94

I was really amazed at some of the teachings I read. I dont understand how someone could believe some of this stuff. But,I guess that if this is what you are brought up in and you dont know any difference then you dont know any better.

If any one who is a Mormon reads this I am not trying to offend you. I just hope that the Holy Spirit convics you before it is eternally too late.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

I have to agree that the Mormon religion has some....."different".... I guess is the word I will use beliefs. But all religions have certain difference that make them unique. I prefer to focus on the positives and one of those positives is I've never met or heard of a Mormon being rude or negative in any way. They have always been extremely friendly, and never judgmental.

Prime#

Prime,

I know that you always have the best intentions in finding the good in everyone. That is a great Christian character trait. But with these false religions, there are people's souls at stake. This is the most important thing at all. I kinda think you take people the wrong way and think they are bashing people. Most of the time people are pointing out the inconsistancies of cult religions and the danger of such when salvation is in jeopardy.

God has a mandate for us to speak out to warn people of false teachings that they may not be deceived. I personally love all people no matter what religion they are. When I myself speak out about false religions, I only speak out of love. I want to lead people to a true and meaningful relationship with the Lord.

Yes, you can ask how do I know I am theologically correct and these people are wrong. I only have one answer to that. ALL of the doctrine I will even consider comes directly out of the Bible. This is what I live by, It was inspired by Someone with more intelligence then I can fathom. If anyone studies it earnestly, they can not help but agree with me about the authenticity of the Author.

RW,

The funny thing is that the "weird stuff" is withheld from the normal laity of the church, just like the JW's. Only the hierarchy knows of the crazy beliefs and practices. If they didn't keep it out of the mainstream, they probably wouldn't be able to keep people long because the Bible would contradict their beliefs and they would have to spend their time defending the undefendable.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Outstanding thread....and one that the posters here who know and love our FATHER's Word should sincerely take to heart.  I've had the experience as a layman over the years to witness when GOD opened a door of opportunity to members of this cult (as well as several others).  I've found that it is imperative for a Christian to be entrenched in the Word BEFORE doing so.  I believe it was Josh Mcdowell who said a good defense of the truth of the Word is a thorough knowledge of the Enemy's offense.

This being so proven in my own life I would pray that each of my bro/sis in the Body of CHRIST will attempt to make somewhat of a similar approach before dealing with a Mormon or any other cultist....and doing so with an attitude of love, NOT just in word, but most importantly in deed.  Millions are dying to going to #### on a daily basis, while we who have the Message of Salvation through faith in CHRIST are not equiping ourselves properly for the task at hand.  The majority of Mormons are trying to find the TRUTH that we ALREADY know!  Always remember where YOU came from, and where YOU are going.  Mormons want to go there too...they're  just on the wrong road and if yielded, the HOLY SPIRIT will give us the knowledge/ability to pass on the proper directions to the REAL Heaven for them. :)