• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Quote New York Sun;

Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

By BENYAMIN KORN, Special to the Sun | March 16, 2011

The call by the Arab League for Western military intervention in an Arab state — in this case asking that a UN "no-fly zone" be imposed over Libya – is not only without precedent but it puts in formal terms what Governor Palin stated three weeks ago should have been America's response to the political and humanitarian crisis now unfolding there.

The former GOP vice presidential candidate was being interviewed on February 23rd on national television by Sean Hannity on a range of issues. On the Libya crisis, she proposed a no-fly-zone to protect the armed and un-armed opposition to the Qaddafi regime. Mrs. Palin's formulation had been blogged about for nearly a week when it was echoed by the man who, before the Iraq war, had led the Iraq democratic movement in exile, Ahmed Chalabi.

A long-time foe of Saddam Hussein who has emerged as a leading figure in Iraq's democratically elected legislature. Mr Chalabi recounted in the Wall Street Journal how President George H. W. Bush's 1991 call for a popular uprising against Saddam had been heeded by the Iraqi people, only to have Saddam then murder some 30,000 of them from helicopter gunships while the Western world stood by.

Not again, Mr. Chalabi pleaded in his essay, and explicitly demanded a Libyan no-fly-zone. But it now it seems Qaddafi will be allowed to repeat a Saddam-style repression, even as President Obama, and the rest of what he likes to call the international community, is "watching carefully."

Mrs. Palin also continues to link America's energy policy — a realm in which she has experience — and U.S. foreign and anti-terrorism policies. She recognizes that the ongoing transfer of billions of U.S. petro-dollars to unstable or even hostile Mideast regimes has, since the formation in 1973 of the Organization of Petoleum Exporting Countries, been an drain on U.S. financial resources.

In a critique of Mr. Obama's energy policies published yesterday at about the same time the Arab League was adopting her prescription for a Libya no-fly-zone, Mrs. Palin laid out how the president's "war on domestic oil and gas exploration and production has caused us pain at the pump, endangered our already sluggish economic recovery, and threatened our national security." Nor is Gov. Palin's insight into complex international issues limited to areas of her immediate expertise.

The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin — certainly no knee-jerk advocate for Sarah Palin — wrote just a few weeks ago that Palin turns out to have been correct in the prediction she made to Barbara Walters, in a much-noted November 2009 interview. Palin stated she was opposed to Obama's opposition to Israel's settlement policies because "[m]ore and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead." Now, as Rubin noted, Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics confirms that the pace of immigration to Israel rose 14% to 16,633 from the level in 2009, most coming from Russia or America.

Mrs. Palin will be in New Delhi later this week delivering the keynote address to the annual India Today Conclave. She has been asked to speak on "What America Means to Me." She will speak as a crisis is simmering between America and Pakistan, India's nuclear-armed neighbor to the northwest and will be the first high profile trip by a potential Republican contender to South Asia.

More broadly, Mrs. Palin's address in India will be another step in the growing outline of what might be called The Palin Doctrine. It contrasts sharply with the foreign policy being conducted, if that is the word, by President Obama, who is perplexing not only the Arab world, to which he reached out in his Cairo speech at the start of his presidency, but even his own supporters in the liberal camp, and many in between, who are upset by what might be called his propensity for inaction. It's an inaction that suggests the Arab League won't be the only institution that might find itself surprised by the logic of the alert Alaskan.

Mr. Korn, director of Jewish Americans for Sarah Palin, holds a degree in international relations from Jawaharlal Nehru University.

<BR clear=all>

http://www.nysun.com...hoes-her/87263/

She's absolutely correct and makes Obama look ignorant and short sighted. I don't think it's the case with Obama though. I believe that what he is doing is intentional because of how he views America.

Some of you may not remember this but the same hatred for and things were said about Ronald Reagan as Sarah Palin. He was a piker, short on itelligence, wasn't smart enough to be President, had no depth, blah, blah, blah. Something that surprises me is the utter cattiness that some women express over Palin. :taped: However, I believe she would make an excellent President.:thumbsup:

However, I believe she would make an excellent President.:thumbsup:

Me too! She'd definitely be a huge improvement over what we have. She has more intelligence, courage, and leadership ability than Obama in his wildest narcissistic dreams.

But I'm afraid she's unelectable at this time because the racist liars in the Democrat/Fascist party have successfully positioned her as the "white-christian" candidate and that scares people who aren't white christians into a hysterical response. In other words, her negatives greatly outweigh her very positive positives.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4

Yes, but her greatest postive is the blessing and the favor of the Lord.:wub: They said the same things about Reagan and that he was unelectable too. :thumbsup:

Watch, someone, probably a member of this very Ministry will post about how misguided, moronic, and how unelectable she is.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Watch, someone, probably a member of this very Ministry will post about how misguided, moronic, and how unelectable she is.:thumbsup:

I love Sarah, and I think she'd make a great President, but I'll be one to say she's unelectable. The many polls I've seen show that, of course, very few, if any, democrats would vote for her, and many Republicans are very wary of her. Also, and this is the important aspect, her image with Independents is so damaged by the liberal media, that if it came down to her or Obama, they'll vote for Obama in far greater numbers.

If Sarah gets the nomination, it's a sure bet we'll have another 4 years of Obama.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

But I'm afraid she's unelectable at this time because the racist liars in the Democrat/Fascist party have successfully positioned her as the "white-christian" candidate and that scares people who aren't white christians into a hysterical response. In other words, her negatives greatly outweigh her very positive positives.

:blink: Huh?

The people I speak to tend to be against Palin because they do not believe that she has credentials and would make poor decisions.

Her Credentials are;

1. Was a small town mayor.

2. A Half Term Governor.

3. After going to 5 colleges over six years, got a Degree in Journalism with a focus on broadcast news.

What she does not have that would probably be great for a President to have.

1. Law expertise of any kind.

2. Understanding of how the American Government works.

3. An understanding of other countries.

As for Sarah Palin being demonized so? If she stopped saying things that were so ignorant, she wouldn't be made fun of.

Liberals would not make fun of her for not knowing what the role of Vice President was if she didn't say that she didn't know what the Vice President does. Liberals would not make fun of her for not having foreign policy credentials if she had some, and didn't say (paraphrased) "Alaska is close to Russia, therefore I have Foreign policy experience". Or that she said on Glenn Beck's show, that we have to "stand with our North Korean Allies", or reportedly did not understand that there was a North and South Korea, or that Africa was not a Country, but a continent.

Some of these things are absolutely unacceptable, and you would expect the former Miss South Carolina of youtube fame to make these mistakes, not someone who was a heartbeat away from controlling the Nation's Nuclear Arsenal, the Veto Pen, and being the Civilian Leader of the Most Powerful Military in the world.

In comparison, would you rather an Educated "Elitist" like Obama, who worked in the state Senate, the Senate, and is a Professor of Constitutional Law, be President on the basis of qualifications alone?

Compare this to the people who signed the Declaration of Independence. Twenty Four, nearly half, were Lawyers. Benjamin Franklin knew Italian, Spanish, French, and Latin. The most well known of the Founding Fathers were some of the most Educated.

Megyn Kelly is more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin, as she at least has a Law Degree.

I love Sarah, and I think she'd make a great President, but I'll be one to say she's unelectable. The many polls I've seen show that, of course, very few, if any, democrats would vote for her, and many Republicans are very wary of her. Also, and this is the important aspect, her image with Independents is so damaged by the liberal media, that if it came down to her or Obama, they'll vote for Obama in far greater numbers.

If Sarah gets the nomination, it's a sure bet we'll have another 4 years of Obama.

You're old enough to remember brother. In fact I believe that you're my age or older. Go back and look at what the media, the Intelligentsia in the Republican party, and the talking heads were saying about Ronald Reagan.

I remember my own family thinking he would start WW3 because he was such a dunce. Of course this is what the media was saying. I remember a teacher telling me he would be the worst President ever and that we should stick with Carter.:laugh: (I was in High School at the time):thumbsup:

As for Sarah Palin being demonized so? If she stopped saying things that were so ignorant, she wouldn't be made fun of.

See.:rolleyes::whistling::laugh::taped:

Quote Dave;

I'm a Prophet and didn't know it.:24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Things like these from Obama?

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

:blink: Huh?

The people I speak to tend to be against Palin because they do not believe that she has credentials and would make poor decisions.

Her Credentials are;

1. Was a small town mayor.

2. A Half Term Governor.

3. After going to 5 colleges over six years, got a Degree in Journalism with a focus on broadcast news.

What she does not have that would probably be great for a President to have.

1. Law expertise of any kind.

2. Understanding of how the American Government works.

3. An understanding of other countries.

Liberals would not make fun of her for not knowing what the role of Vice President was if she didn't say that she didn't know what the Vice President does. Liberals would not make fun of her for not having foreign policy credentials if she had some, and didn't say (paraphrased) "Alaska is close to Russia, therefore I have Foreign policy experience". Or that she said on Glenn Beck's show, that we have to "stand with our North Korean Allies", or reportedly did not understand that there was a North and South Korea, or that Africa was not a Country, but a continent.

Some of these things are absolutely unacceptable, and you would expect the former Miss South Carolina of youtube fame to make these mistakes, not someone who was a heartbeat away from controlling the Nation's Nuclear Arsenal, the Veto Pen, and being the Civilian Leader of the Most Powerful Military in the world.

In comparison, would you rather an Educated "Elitist" like Obama, who worked in the state Senate, the Senate, and is a Professor of Constitutional Law, be President on the basis of qualifications alone?

Compare this to the people who signed the Declaration of Independence. Twenty Four, nearly half, were Lawyers. Benjamin Franklin knew Italian, Spanish, French, and Latin. The most well known of the Founding Fathers were some of the most Educated.

Megyn Kelly is more qualified to be President than Sarah Palin, as she at least has a Law Degree.

She never said any of those things (like being close to Russia gave her foreign policy experience), that's what others have said she said......:rolleyes: But, the truth is out there for anyone who wants to look at it instead of the insides of their own eyelids.....Governor Palin isn't going to run. She's got a great career as a consultant and speaker, Fox News contributor, she has become wealthy and she has a great deal of respect from those of us who like her. Why would she give up all that to be thrown into a meat grinder again? Mark this down.....SHE'S NOT GOING TO RUN.