Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Dave, do you think that Palin has been called by God to lead America?

I believe that we're all called for such a time as this.:wub:

Es 4:14

For if you altogether hold your peace at this time, then shall relief and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but you and your father's house shall be destroyed: and who knows whether you are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Sarah Palin is a devoted Evangelical Christian. If God were going to choose to do something Good here and to turn this Nation around due to the prayers of the Faithful. Why wouldn't he call someone such as this? :noidea::wub: His eye's roam to and fro throughout the earth seeking a heart that is completely His.:thumbsup:

On another note;

I actually believe that Obama's intelligence isn't all it's cracked up to be. We don't actually know how intelligent he is because he won't release his transcripts. He could be a complete moron. I do believe that he's very slick though.:thumbsup:

However, his intelligence in this instance is a minus, supposing that he is intelligent, because it is being used for a worldview that will harm hundreds of millions of people and damage liberty. You must remember that his worldview has been shaped by Marxists like Jeremiah Wright, his father, and Frank J. Marshall. He see's America and the western way of life as the problem and not the solution. He see's the Western world as a Colonial power. He also seeks the court of the worlds opinion rather than what's Just. This is evident in the whole situaion with Libya just this past week.

When his intelligence is used for Marxism and Marxist Policies, as has been the case for two and a half years now, it's not a plus but a huge evil minus.:thumbsup:

Isa 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I am speaking about his policies and not the man although I believe that he is sold in bondage under it.

peace,

Dave

Guest shiloh357

As for Sarah Palin being demonized so? If she stopped saying things that were so ignorant, she wouldn't be made fun of.

She has not said anything more ignorant than Harry Reid who said that if it were not for the Cowboy Poetry Festivals in Nevada, tens of thousands of people would not exist. Or how about when Pelose was asked about what was in the Healthcare bill, she said we would find out after it was passed.

I can come up with some pretty stupid things that come from liberal "educated" elites.

The difference between me and people like you is that I can spot a misstatement. Getting North and South Korea mixed up in your head, saying one thing when thinking of something else happens to all of us. The pressure of being on camera, being peppered with rapid fire questions can be unnerving even for more of the most experienced politicians.

I competed in forensic debate in school and have seen numerous times when I should reworded or clairfied certain things. That is just in debate in front of a single judge. The pressure of having to answer questions, sometimes even on live TV might cause people to get wires crossed given how quickly you have to think and speak.

None of that is cause for making fun of someone or acting as if they are not intelligent.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Watch, someone, probably a member of this very Ministry will post about how misguided, moronic, and how unelectable she is.:thumbsup:

That articles is very misleading. Look who it came from. Obama did what all the former general's suggested as well as the EU, the Arab League, and the UN. And that was not to dive into this foolishly. This is a more delicate and complicated situation than you think. Having the Bush mentality and being reckless on this one would have been stupid. It's only Fox News contributors and people like Palin and Gingrich who criticize Obama for the way he handled this. Like him or not he did the right thing.

I wouldn't vote for Palin if she was running for librarian. God help us should we ever get somebody like her as president!

LOL, you see.:thumbsup:

Guest shiloh357

Obama is an academic. He is not a pragmatist. That was glaringly apparent in how he handled the oil spill last summer. He was a dismal failure. He really didn't know what to do (other than fly down there and have snow cones).

He thinks like a legislator, not like an exuctive. Legislators have the liberty and luxury of being able to sit back and deliberate a situation, of watching how the wind blows before making a decision. An executive, like a president has to make decisions. They have to lead and sometimes make decisions that people are not happy with and then take responsibility for those decisions.

I am sick of having a president who doesn't know how to lead. We don't need a community organizer, we need a president. We don't need some one to go over and bow to Arab dictators. He does not represent me, that is for sure.

There is nothing to be proud of where this president is concerned. $14 Trillion in debt ($5 Trillion from him alone in two years), seen golfing and focusing on basketball while the world is faced with an international nuclear crisis, not to mention a horrific humanitarian crisis, and major upheaval in the middle east. It is just plain embarrassing to see our president playing golf at times like this.

Obama is always late to the game. He is always running behind when it comes to dealing with crises and international issues. He needs to spend less time picking brackets and less time on the golf course and more time doing what he was elected to do.

Guest shiloh357
I'm not of the mindset that Bush was a great leader either, and he took more vacations than OBAMA.
So what??? Obama's problem is timing. I have worked for companies that sometimes put vacations on hold when the production demand required it. If we were running behind, we put in plenty of over time and worked long days and weekends, no one got a vacation until we were in the clear.

By the same token, when you have major crises all around you, in various parts of the world that demand your immediate attention, and an out of control financial crisis at home (some of which is your own making), playing a round of golf and worrying about basketball picks is the wrong answer.

I wouldn't be pointing to golf vacations etc. because all presidents do it and they all can be criticized.
the issue is timing, not the golf itself. He can play golf till he is blue in the face, as long as the timing is more appropriate. By the way, just because other presidents played golf alot does not somehow provide a shield of Obama. I am not comparing him to anyone else. I am not defending any other presidents. I am dealing Obama and measuring HIM alone against the standard for how a president should appear in public.

Obama is intelligent, but that does not mean he makes a good president. He has little leadership capabilities and his lack of leadership skill is always glaringly apparent in how slow and clumsy he is in responding to a crisis. We need a president who will put America first, take the bull by the horns, show some masculine courage and do what needs to be done to advance America's best interests. We need a president that isn't ashamed of being an American and doesn't run half-way across the world and apologize for us and bow to other kings like a limp dish towel.

And he did handle the crisis in the Middle East fairly well.
As a legislator, yes. But not as a president.

We can dig dirt on both sides. I try to stay in the Middle.
I prefer to deal with the truth. Bush wasn't perfect, but that does not mean that Obama is suddenly immune from criticism of how he has handled the crises of the last several months.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I'm just grateful that you didn't attack her personally.:thumbsup: I totally disgaree with your assessment's though. We will never agree because I do not look at the world as the secular humanist does.:wub:

My 'assessment' is what I compiled from what T Boone Pickens has said, and what I've asked of someone else who has worked in the Oil Industry for about 40 some years, mostly in financial and executive positions.

Between those two people, there is probably at least some 80 years of experience in the industry, about energy policy, which we are talking about. This has nothing to do with 'secular humanism'. It has everything to do with what experts in this field on this subject have concluded, as experts.

Sarah Palin is not an expert on energy policy. She was Governor for half a term of a state that has the Oil Industry in it. That is not exactly the same level of involvement as working IN the industry. Even if we pretended that it was, that is eighty years combined compared to her two years.

You aren't disagreeing with me, Dave, so much as you are disagreeing with those two people who I would think have a lot more experience with the Oil Industry than you do. If you are so much more knowledgeable about how the Oil Industry/Global Oil Market works than two former Oil Executives who worked in the Oil Industry, enlighten us all as to how their assessment of how to solve America's energy problems is incorrect. Then perhaps you can go on and explain why Sarah Palin's policies of drill here, drill now will work as opposed to what experts would say.

If you and the Leftists have your way many people will be harmed and many more millions will starve and die.:blink:

That's cute, but it doesn't actually address anything, nor does it further any meaningful debate. Are you actually going to address the subject, or are you going to try divert the topic away from your lost argument some more?

I would trust a Stockbroker on who to buy stocks from, a Photographer to take photos, Economists on the Economy, Business owners on how to run a business, and a Bank/Credit Union as to how to save my money.

Sarah Palin does not have proper experience in, and/or has not demonstrated herself to be an expert in law, the military, foreign policy, the energy industry, or diplomacy, any of which you might think would be great to have experience with if she was going to run a country with the largest army in the world, along with a deadly nuclear arsenal.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I am comparing him to Bush and all the others because they all did the same thing. That's just one of those things each side always accuses the other of anyway. There's no reason to point the finger at one when the others do the same. So that argument is moot and just exposes your political bias.

We do need a president that puts America first. What we need less of are the kind of politician's that have betrayed us and sold us out. They've put profits ahead of jobs and needs of average American, and then send their youth to war to protect those iterest. One side always points the finger at the other, and that's why I don't take sides.

What did you expect Obama to do about the Mid-East? Go against the advice of all the top dogs and do something stupid like Gingrich and Palin suggested? Like him or not he did the right thing and took the advice of democrats and republicans alike as well as Secretary Gates and his general's. Nobody can blame us for anything this way...but radical Islam always fnds a way, and does the far right when there's a democrat in office!

I take it you're an independent, borderline?