• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I have a Biblical question.:wub:

Suppose someone were to say this? (Paraphrasing)

"There is a god who will speak to you, he will prompt your spirit to respond to his. Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him, you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

Is this Biblical? Is this the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Wow Matthitjah, that's a loaded question. It might be & might not be. If someone were to say that to me, we would have a discussion on who each of us considers God to be & why. There are many bad spirits speaking to people and moving them to act.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"There is a god who will speak to you, he will prompt your spirit to respond to his.

I would agree with this.

Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him,

I would disagree with this.

you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

I would agree with this.

Unless...

Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him, you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

...that's the Deceiver.

:blink:

Wow Matthitjah, that's a loaded question. It might be & might not be. If someone were to say that to me, we would have a discussion on who each of us considers God to be & why. There are many bad spirits speaking to people and moving them to act.

I don't think it's loaded. Take it at face value and don't segment the statement. Take it as a whole. Does this individual know the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

"There is a god who will speak to you, he will prompt your spirit to respond to his.

I would agree with this.

Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him,

I would disagree with this.

you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

I would agree with this.

Unless...

Now, whether you call him the nine, gaia, or whatever you call him, you should respond to him when he tells you to move"

...that's the Deceiver.

:blink:

Don't segment the statement. Does this individual know the God of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

The individual was speaking in context of hearing God spiritually and acting in a Righteous manner.:thumbsup: It didn't matter to this individual what name you called God and it didn't matter how you perceive Him, just that He's the same God.

I believe that the Word states otherwise and that God has revealed Himself in one way and that we can't paint him up the way that we like. We also shouldn't listen to every spirit we hear but that we should try the spirit's just as the Word states.:wub:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Define "your spirit", in biblical and non biblical terms for me first?

Define "your spirit", in biblical and non biblical terms for me first?

Well brother. The individual who said this thinks of himself as a spirit child and that angels are the same and that one day he will be a god too. At least his Church and their Theology believe this.:thumbsup:

The Othodox Christian viewpoint would be that you and I are Triune created beings. Body, Soul and Spirit.:thumbsup:

I don't think it's loaded. Take it at face value and don't segment the statement. Take it as a whole. Does this individual know the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel?

Peace,

Dave

Sorry, but I can't take that at face value. I stand by my first reply. IMO, if this individual knows God, he/she is being irreverent in saying it doesn't matter what He is called.

Peace,

Dave

Sorry, but I can't take that at face value. I stand by my first reply. IMO, if this individual knows God, he/she is being irreverent in saying it doesn't matter what He is called.

Right, so is he talking about the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel? Does God in His Word clearly define who He is and how we should worship and hear Him?\

peace,

Dave

Peace,

Dave

Right, so is he talking about the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel? Does God in His Word clearly define who He is and how we should worship and hear Him?\

peace,

Dave

Yes, God in His Word makes known who He is and what is required of us in worship & the seeing & hearing of what He wants us to know.

Still think that if this person knows God, he would use His name & not say it doesn't matter what He is called.That just throws a red flag for me.