IGNORED

Christianity...Religious Popularity Contest?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

During many of my current visits to the occasional forums of which I usually visit..I came across a post or two that drew my attention. In the end it turned out to be a real eye opener.

Many of those who participate at many of the forums which I am currently active tend to shun if not mock Christianity, or put those who would call themselves Christian believers and place their faith under a test.

Christianity I have also come to understand is a growing religion, however if we are truly as popular as people say...why can I not help but feel as though we are more the most shunned religion?

For in the U.S. it is offensive for one to say that this is a nation "under God," and prayers in school are looked upon as if they were something grotesque. There is also the matter of same sex marriages being considered as legal, ....they actually have their own color...purple.

It is tearing me to shreads to see these things, and it hurts all the more when I stand up for what I believe in my heart only to be laughed at or further tested for I am aware that not all answers can any man give, but only God alone.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

We're shunned because we are Christians. I choose not to follow things of this world- am I shunned? Do I get wierd looks? Sure- but it's all good! You know why? God is in complete control.

Christians are being attacked by Satan, because we do not follow him. He is constantly whispering things in our ears- but we must keep our complete being focused on HIM.

John 16

33I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1982

You bring up a good point. Many people claim to be Christian out of what they consider to be the cool thing. However, you can look at their life and typically tell if they are walking with christ or not. But, it is not for us to judge what is in their hearts and can only pray that their hearts are right with God and encourage fellow christians and non-christians. We are part of a worldly place and need God to make it through. Remember that and it will help the un-Godliness of your everyday life not seem so bad. Especially, when you can impact someone elses life for Christ and plant the seeds of his love all over the world in a Fight against Satan.

In Christ,

Amy

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

I have a lot of family that claim to be christians. They profess Christ..they say that they believe in God and that Jesus died on the cross. (I live in the bible belt) Where I am you hear a lot of pastors say that "all you have to do is believe and you will go to heaven" I thought I was a christian for a long time but I wasn't. Just because you claim that you believe something was true means nothing if you don't act like it. If you really believe in God, then you will act like it. When I recently asked my grandmother about where she stands in her faith, she said I am a christian and I believe in God (and she was offended) then she said we don't have to go to church to believe, and we even pray sometimes. All I can do is pray for her and gently speak the truth. For someone to know that the Lord the same guy that made the heavens and the earth wrote a book (through people) for them they should be reading it every day. If you believe so much, you would act like it. All you have to do is believe because when you believe all the rest (charity, love, peace, patience, kindness, self-control, faith) come naturally. Of course you still sin but it actually bothers you to death because you notice your sin when you become a christian. You want to go to church and fellowship. You love him because he is real. It saddens me because too many people believe in God with a santa type of belief. I am so worried about my family, but sadly, that is how many many people that claim to be christians are. Christianity is a growing religion because everybody wants to go to heaven but not all makes the simple effort to know God. So, again, they just say I believe, then go right back to their sinful lifestyle. On the subject of getting mocked and ridiculed, a lot of people don't understand christians. Me and my mother had a debate not too long ago. I had just gotten shorted at the store by ten dollars. I was certain that I gave the cashier a twenty(that was the only bill I had plus I always look and say what I am handing them) the lady said that I gave her a ten then said she doesn't even have a twenty in the drawer. I told her I was sure. And to maybe check the floor and the counter. She didn't "find" my money. I was not happy because I was short on money. I gave her my number and said that if you find it please call me.(It was only two value meals worth of money...if you think of it that way) My mother said that christians let people run over them all of the time and that is stupid and she said I believe in God but nobody runs over me. I asked her what she meant. She had recently had a similar situation and she said I called him _______ and told him he better give me my____money. I said thats awful, she said I got my money back. I asked her if ten dollars was worth sinning. She said yes. I said that that is like nailing Jesus to the cross all over again. She looked shocked and it bothered her but she shut it out and ignored it. I think a lot of people are like this.Also, about the gay marriage thing, I hope that I offend no liberals, but we have so many liberals"democrats" that believe that anyone can do whatever they want as long as no body else is directly affected by it.(I recommend Vote George W. BUSH) Proverbs28:2' When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily" They think it is the gay persons personal business. They do not acknowledge the bibles clear orders. As for prayer in schools, so many people just want something to argue about. "the one nation under God" doesn't actually state the Lord God, Jesus Christ...they just want to have something to quarrel about. I hope I helped-HIS :huh: