• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I belive that Love is a choice. Love with out a choice cannot exist.

I believe that the reason there was a tree of the knowledge of good and evil was to provide a choice on weather to obey or disobey. Having a choice also includes give us the choice to choose God, to choose to love him.

If I made a robot, and programmed it to love me, would it really be love?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that the reason there was a tree of the knowledge of good and evil was to provide a choice on weather to obey or disobey. Having a choice also includes give us the choice to choose God, to choose to love him.

I'm glad for this thread. Is Love a choice? God is Love, scripture says, to abide in Him is to abide in Love. Can I deny Him? Certainly there are those who claim they can and consider it their prerogative. I however, after seeing the Love of God endure the cross cannot. I would be a liar to say I can. Tell me, where is this choice? To whom shall I give my love, that is more worthy than my maker? I am not saying God programmed us to love Him. I am saying He has designed it so that the children of God are born out of corruption, out of darkness, so that we may grow unto Him forever. I know Love. I cannot today choose to love my wife and tommorrow choose not to. If this makes me a robot, so be it. Even Isaiah counted us as things, saying, "shall the thing made say why have you made me thus?" This is why I esteem God as creator and myself as creation. The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a whole other subject, I would be glad to discuss it somewhere else lest I write too long a post om this thread. I however would love to see how you can disagree with what I've said concerning Love. For those who say God cannot force someone to love Him who created us , might as well say he chooses to love his Mother or Father. In essence they are in fact incapable of Love. To say Love does not exist without choice is like saying God will not exist if you cease to believe in Him.

Edited by childeye

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Love is a gift, if we go and look at what love means in the hebrew the root word is ahav or hav which means the family you were born into, given as a gift and ahav is the love, emotional and actions, one gives to the family that one is gifted or privileged with, its the seat of emotions in Hebrew thought. In the greek or as we all come to know love today its more abstract and yes today we do have the choice, we have always had the choice whether to obey or not. And yes true it may have been there to test Adam and Eve but not knowing how long they lived in the garden before satan finally decided to spring his trap I wouldn't want to say that it was without scriptural support.

And no that would only be a program, no soul or freewill so not its not love and God does not want robots. He doesn't want His children to love Him out of duty or compulsion but out of the willingness to walk with Him and obey Him because you want to. If we love God as we are to truly do then we are born into His family and will live by the rules He sets up not because we must but because we want to, to show our love to Him. God always gives a choice to do or not and when we weigh that against the consequences of not loving Him....

shalom,

Mizz

I'm glad for this thread. Is Love a choice? God is Love, scripture says, to abide in Him is to abide in Love. Can I deny Him? Certainly there are those who claim they can and consider it their prerogative. I however, after seeing the Love of God endure the cross cannot. I would be a liar to say I can. Tell me, where is this choice? To whom shall I give my love, that is more worthy than my maker? I am not saying God programmed us to love Him. I am saying He has designed it so that the children of God are born out of corruption, out of darkness, so that we may grow unto Him forever. I know Love. I cannot today choose to love my wife and tommorrow choose not to. If this makes me a robot, so be it. Even Isaiah counted us as things, saying, "shall the thing made say why have you made me thus?" This is why I esteem God as creator and myself as creation. The tree of knowledge of good and evil is a whole other subject, I would be glad to discuss it somewhere else lest I write too long a post om this thread. I however would love to see how you can disagree with what I've said concerning Love. For those who say God cannot force someone to love Him who created us , might as well say he chooses to love his Mother or Father. In essence they are in fact incapable of Love. To say Love does not exist without choice is like saying God will not exist if you cease to believe in Him.

So your saying that the only obvious choice is love. There for being the only obvious choice its the only choice but yet we can choose not to choose the only choice?...

??? you contradict yourself.

Also many people choose not to love there spouse the "fall out of love" as if love is something that is beyond there power.

I have had times in my marriage where I did not like my wife, but yet I chose to love her, to push through the hard times.

You make no sense. you play word games but they wind up going in circles.

Love is a gift, if we go and look at what love means in the hebrew the root word is ahav or hav which means the family you were born into, given as a gift and ahav is the love, emotional and actions, one gives to the family that one is gifted or privileged with, its the seat of emotions in Hebrew thought. In the greek or as we all come to know love today its more abstract and yes today we do have the choice, we have always had the choice whether to obey or not. And yes true it may have been there to test Adam and Eve but not knowing how long they lived in the garden before satan finally decided to spring his trap I wouldn't want to say that it was without scriptural support.

And no that would only be a program, no soul or freewill so not its not love and God does not want robots. He doesn't want His children to love Him out of duty or compulsion but out of the willingness to walk with Him and obey Him because you want to. If we love God as we are to truly do then we are born into His family and will live by the rules He sets up not because we must but because we want to, to show our love to Him. God always gives a choice to do or not and when we weigh that against the consequences of not loving Him....

shalom,

Mizz

In all due respect, obedience to God is preceded by faith. Therefor disobedience is preceded by distrust. Hence righteousness is by faith. Faith is what upholds all creation. To distrust God is to distrust all things. In light of this, there is no choice except to those who are yet ignorant of this. God does compel us to Love Him. His goodness and faithfulness are clearly seen. For this reason is sent the Christ and His love displayed upon the cross, so that we might trust Him and be saved. If one cannot bend their knee with a pure devotion that is due to Him because He is worthy, you patronize Him and it is not love. Remember the prodigal son, he returned to the Father, not because he suddenly chose of his "freewill" to love Him, but because he knew that's where the food is. God is all there is. When will men humble themselves and admit this?

Edited by childeye

So your saying that the only obvious choice is love. There for being the only obvious choice its the only choice but yet we can choose not to choose the only choice?...

Also many people choose not to love there spouse the "fall out of love" as if love is something that is beyond there power.

I have had times in my marriage where I did not like my wife, but yet I chose to love her, to push through the hard times.

It is clear you are lost in semantics. Being alive we must make choices, this does not mean the choices we make are of a "freewill". Ignorance precedes ignorant choices, wisdom precedes wise choices. I do not contradict myself. I am not saying we won't choose as you imply I do. I'm saying the will is governed by reasoning, and reasoning is governed by what you believe to be true. The Holy Spirit of Truth therefore is a force over reasoning revealing how things are and giving light to those who would otherwise be in darkness. The Holy Spirit is of God and not conjured by our wills. The love you speak of falling out of, is not true love. True Love is eternal.

It is clear you are lost in semantics. Being alive we must make choices, this does not mean the choices we make are of a "freewill". Ignorance precedes ignorant choices, wisdom precedes wise choices. I do not contradict myself. I am not saying we won't choose as you imply I do. I'm saying the will is governed by reasoning, and reasoning is governed by what you believe to be true. The Holy Spirit of Truth therefore is a force over reasoning revealing how things are and giving light to those who would otherwise be in darkness. The Holy Spirit is of God and not conjured by our wills. The love you speak of falling out of, is not true love. True Love is eternal.

You are still playing the semantics game. The beauty of claiming semantics is this. You can make words mean what ever you want to, and twist the truth to what you think it should be.

How many times have I seen otherwise, wise people, make foolish choices? How many times have I seen smart people do drugs, because they can find a reason for it? They make the wrong choice because they choose to find a pure and logical reason. One person I know, who was and is a wise man, choose to do cocaine, as an alternative to coffee. He did not see it as any more dangerous then caffeine. He wound up in jail for a large part of his little boys life. He knew it was not a wise choice but he convinced himself otherwise.

You can see the wise choice clearly and choose not to. Your logic does not hold up

Say when you see the truth you MUST choose it. This is a fallacy of logic.

True Love is eternal.

True love may be eternal but God gave us the ability to choose whether we want to embrace it or not.

Also, if you do not make a choice by will, that means a person other then yourself chose. This means you were forced to do it. If you are forced. Forced means you have no choice. Then by your logic either we all in contradiction to the Bible will go to heaven, as we will all choose love, as we are forced to choose.

True Love is eternal.

True love may be eternal but God gave us the ability to choose whether we want to embrace it or not.

It's Satan who gave us the choice, not God, for Satan is the Father of sin and instigated disobedience. God said to love Him with all our hearts minds and souls, Satan says we don't have to. The choice put before men is about who you are going to trust. Who will be your master? God who says He is all there is, or Satan who says God is a liar. You will consider it your freedom to decide. I will contend that we are controlled by either Truth or lies.