• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace [be] unto you: as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on [them], and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Many say that this verse teaches that the Holy Ghost would be given at future time and that Jesus was preparing the apostles to receive the Holy Ghost because the church begins at Pentacost. This verse does not say anything about a future time but I see the apostles as being INDWELT by the Holy Ghost(Spirit) at this time and receiving power at Pentacost.

Ac 1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

I hear it said that the Holy Spirit first indwells the believer at the moment of regeneration. I concur for my own experience aligns with the bible in that I knew I had been changed and the Spirit of the living God came in and abode in my spirit. This happened when I was born again. Where the apostles born again just shortly after the resurection or did they have to wait for Pentacost to be born again.

Some things to think about. What does it take to be born again? Confessing Jesus as Lord and believeing that He rose from the dead by the power of God? Did the apostles believe that Jesus was Lord? Did they know that He was risen? What do you think?

LT

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

o.k....LARRY T.....these are my answers to your questions. :huh:

in John 20:22....He breathed on them and said receive ye the HOLY GHOST.

answer: At that moment they were born again from above.

Question : What does it take to be born again?

Having the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD .

Question: Confessing JESUS as LORD and believing that He rose from the dead by

the power of GOD ?

This is step number one, in order for a person to be born again.

Step number two...GOD puts HIS SPIRIT into your heart.

Question: Did the Apostles believe that JESUS was LORD?

Yes...They followed HIM.They would confess JESUS as LORD.

They heard HIM teach, and saw all the signs and wonders HE did.

Remember, JESUS did send them out, and the 70 other believers.

Question: Did they know that HE was risen?

Not , until JESUS revealed HIMSELF to them.

Thank you , Larry T.,

I hope i answered correctly to your Questions.

Let me know how i did...lol..... :t2:

LOVE and PEACE to everyone....... :hug:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I wonder if when the L-rd 'breathed'on them it was a prophetic indication much in the fashion of Agabus...of what was to come when the Spirit would be poured out.

Acts 21:10 And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.

Act 21:11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

It is speculation on my part...but I imagine the L-rd blowing and making a sound like the wind as He blew and blew upon them ...later when the disciples were all gathered together in one place they heard the sound of the wind of the Holy Ghost and remembered the L-rd blowing on them and faith rose in their hearts that this was what the L-rd was talking about...I can see no other reason for the L-rd blowing on them otherwise.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When the Lord blew on them-the scripture uses the same term as it uses when God breathed life into Adam-they received the Holy Spirit-ie were saved. Yet, then like now, there is another working of the Holy Spirit that the bible calls the baptism in the Spirit-they received this baptism in Acts 2:4-we can receive it today also-all Christians can be baptized in the Holy Spirit, and now like then-the way we know we have received it is "for we heard them speaking in tongues and glorifying God"

Ap.Peter along with the eleven other apostles, rose up and addressed the people who stood there amazed at seeing and hearing the anointing of the Holy Spirit experienced by those of the early church, on the day of the Pentecost. The substance of the message was:

"This is not drunkenness; As prophesied by Joel, the Holy Spirit is being poured out. You have put Jesus to death; but God has raised Him to life and we are all witnesses of the fact. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see (the bodily movement-power) and hear (speaking in other tongues-that can be heard) (Acts 2:14-33)." Those who heard this were pricked in the heart and said, "brothers, (to receive this experience (Holy Spirit), what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37). The answer given to them was: "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call" (Acts 2:37-39)(NKJV).

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What a difference the baptism in the Holy Spirit made for Peter-just a few days before he was cowering before a handmaiden-but after he preached the Word before thousands.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Joh 20:21

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

This is my belief as well Omega! :laugh:

I believe that this this is what the scriptures say as well!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

HALLELUJAH! JesusisGod2!

:laugh: :il: