• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

So just wondering, not to open up a can of worms, but what is everyones opinion for the roles of woman in the church? Please back up your opinion with scripture if you can.

They serve the man whiskey and take care of his animals.

19 After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.”

;)

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Going by 1 Tim 3, not as overseers. Deacons perhaps (Pheobe), but I am of the camp that does not support female pastors. God made male and female and while we are all one in Christ, we are not all one in roles.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Simple really.

If women are running the church, where are the men?

I am very comfortable with women preaching (who am I to go against the Holy Spirit if he has put a word on anyone's heart?). I have heard wonderful teachings from women, because they are from the Spirit, and He put wings to the words. South teaches me something every day, because she is more knowledgeable than I in the scriptures. This is my fault, not hers! She spends more time reading and listening to teachings than I do. My only excuse is time and work pressure, but that also is not entirely correct. when I get home I flop in front of the TV. I should be reading. Any one of us can make the time.

But scripturally, men should be running the church (as in management thereof). Of course women have a huge part to play, and no church can operate with just men - we can't multi task as well as women).

Women run churches because of lazy men.....

Generally Speaking

And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedesh-naphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun? Judges 4:4-6

If A Man Won't

And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.

And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh. Judges 4:8-9

A Woman Might

And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.

But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.

Howbeit Sisera fled away on his feet to the tent of Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite: for there was peace between Jabin the king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite.

And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said unto him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in unto her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.

And he said unto her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water to drink; for I am thirsty. And she opened a bottle of milk, and gave him drink, and covered him.

Again he said unto her, Stand in the door of the tent, and it shall be, when any man doth come and inquire of thee, and say, Is there any man here? that thou shalt say, No.

Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died. Judges 4:15-21

And Even This Fellow Gets The Point

And, behold, as Barak pursued Sisera, Jael came out to meet him, and said unto him, Come, and I will shew thee the man whom thou seekest. And when he came into her tent, behold, Sisera lay dead, and the nail was in his temples. Judges 4:22

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That was bad! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

:24:

:21: That Joe...he's funny.

Josh, forgive us for having fun in your thread. This topic has come up so many times in the past and it often goes out flaming...but sorry we havent' treated this seriously up to now.

Please continue and don't mind the rif-raf.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Agreeing with Yod.

So just wondering, not to open up a can of worms, but what is everyones opinion for the roles of woman in the church? Please back up your opinion with scripture if you can.

But since, as Yod pointed out, this topic has been sliced and diced so much - which is what happens to all the Scriptures referring to such (!) - I shall present a different take on the issue. Now since the Bible teaches through events that have happened, I shall do the same.

My father married a woman who is an ordained pastor. She and her original husband (also an ordained pastor, he passed away a few years ago) were co-ministers as a part of the pastoral staff of a mega-church. Their original role was as youth pastors. (I am one that personally believes it is best to have both male and female pastors running a youth ministry; after all, who will minister most effectively to the teenage girls????) Since his illness and passing, her pastoral position was shifted elsewhere. But since my father married her, he's joined her in her pastoral role, and even though he is not ordained, he is regarded as such. (It is quite amazing that the Senior pastor hasn't made a fuss about it - but that's another story!) The point is that because of his wife's pastoral role, he has stepped into his role as a pastor (in spirit, if not in documentation).

Hopefully, Josh, you can glean from this.