Littlelambseativy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The boy did not write the story but a pastor of a congregation. Some people who do not take time to read the Bible but will purchase the book and because of it is a pastor/minister that is writing it will accept it and not look for the truth. It is so subtly that the emergent church comes.The truth is lost in the voice of a child. What happens to the gospel?

You would read an account of an adult who had that same experience and denounce it but because it is a child it is acceptable. Why not look at the same information with the same eyes - child and adult.

Lest you say I say this is emergent - that is not what I am saying. I just say that how easily one can accept the other.

Remember, this is a pastor writing . I am sure he, the child has seen pictures in a child's Bible of the appearance of Christ. The way artists have always depicted Him. Does that mean we accept it because it was from a child? or would you accept those same words from an adult?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The boy did not write the story but a pastor of a congregation. Some people who do not take time to read the Bible but will purchase the book and because of it is a pastor/minister that is writing it will accept it and not look for the truth. It is so subtly that the emergent church comes.The truth is lost in the voice of a child. What happens to the gospel?

You would read an account of an adult who had that same experience and denounce it but because it is a child it is acceptable. Why not look at the same information with the same eyes - child and adult.

Lest you say I say this is emergent - that is not what I am saying. I just say that how easily one can accept the other.

Remember, this is a pastor writing . I am sure he, the child has seen pictures in a child's Bible of the appearance of Christ. The way artists have always depicted Him. Does that mean we accept it because it was from a child? or would you accept those same words from an adult?

The point I was trying to make is this.

Often when we are first saved, in those first few days, when we know what freedom is, and our lungs feel like they are filled with helium, and we are floating, and we feel that we can conquer the world, and miracles are accepted fact, and we Love, often, the world, in the form of a "seasoned" believer, is the first to cast doubt in our minds. Not the world, another believer.

Then the world steps in, and we start seeing not through the eyes of a child, but through the glass dimly.

We then strap the gospel to our backs, instead of carrying it in our hearts.

How do I know this from personal experience?

Because I venture into areas of Africa that the World has not yet reached. And where people see Jesus through the eyes of a child. Faith is not in doubt, it is a given.

And I see miracles.

I am going to Mozambique with South (her first time), next week, and I don't hope to see miracles.

I expect them.

The world, in the case of the examination by this "book reveiwer', and others, will destroy this child, because the gospel weighs heavy on them.

And is not in their hearts.

Often when we are first saved, in those first few days, when we know what freedom is, and our lungs feel like they are filled with helium, and we are floating, and we feel that we can conquer the world, and miracles are accepted fact, and we Love, often, the world, in the form of a "seasoned" believer, is the first to cast doubt in our minds. Not the world, another believer.

Then the world steps in, and we start seeing not through the eyes of a child, but through the glass dimly.

Because I venture into areas of Africa that the World has not yet reached. And where people see Jesus through the eyes of a child. Faith is not in doubt, it is a given.

And I see miracles.

I am going to Mozambique with South (her first time), next week, and I don't hope to see miracles.

I expect them.

The world, in the case of the examination by this "book reveiwer', and others, will destroy this child, because the gospel weighs heavy on them.

We are told to test the spirits. Are you saying that it isn't necessary when a child is involved?

The Taliban are strapping bombs to children as young as 6 and 7. Because of the age of the child, the bomb isn't any less lethal.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

And I see miracles.

I expect them.

We are told to test the spirits. Are you saying that it isn't necessary when a child is involved?

The Taliban are strapping bombs to children as young as 6 and 7. Because of the age of the child, the bomb isn't any less lethal.

How in any one of your posts on this subject have you tested the spirits?

And last time I looked 4 year old Christian American children are not having bombs strapped to their backs. Some it would seem would want to strap the gospel to them.

Wonder which one is actually more lethal in the long run?

And last time I looked 4 year old Christian American children are not having bombs strapped to their backs. Some it would seem would want to strap the gospel to them.

All you're seeing is the age of the child, nothing else. You're not seeing the influence of the dad. You're not seeing the mothers doubt. You're not seeing the things that were said that contradict the Word. You're not looking at anything except that the child is 4 years old.

What is your impression of this testimony?

Book claims heaven is real

Colton Burpo's recollection of the events that took place contradict the Word.

Explain please.

What was contradicted?

'Everyone has wings and can fly except for Jesus, who hovers up and down. Everyone wears a white robe crossed by a sash of different colours and they have lights above their heads.'

1 John 3

2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

dailymail.co.uk

Here's something I found interesting.

Mr Burpo is a garage-door salesman who volunteers as a school wrestling coach and local fireman.

He is also pastor of the Crossroads Wesleyan Church in Imperial and many wonder how much their religious home life may have influenced his son.

His schoolteacher wife Sonja, initially had their doubts about their son

All you're seeing is the age of the child, nothing else. You're not seeing the influence of the dad. You're not seeing the mothers doubt. You're not seeing the things that were said that contradict the Word. You're not looking at anything except that the child is 4 years old.

Read the book

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

:emot-questioned:

The devil has many tools in which to spread his lies, sometimes those tools include children.

OK, man, what evil or bad fruit do you perceive to result from this? What is the devil accomplishing in your opinion?

It's contrary to the Word. Since when do we accept lies against the Word if they come from the mouth of children? Test all things, throw out that which isn't true, including the stuff coming from a child. I don't think he went to heaven at all and I'm still shocked that his father is pushing this so hard.

"Everybody had wings except Jesus, He just hovered up and down".

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

This is harmful to anyone's faith . . . how?

Is this what "being like Jesus" is about to you? :hmmm:

Well, misrepresenting Jesus is a serious sin to me. Encouraging a child to continue in their false fantasy is bad parenting. Have you thought about the damage it will do to the child's faith to be encouraged to continue down a path that very clearly contradicts scripture? The father is clearly saying to put personal experience above the Word.

If anything, the comments about Jesus prove this book to be a heresy. Why other christians would want to read this is beyond me.