IGNORED

Life after death and Colin Butero's Heaven is Real

Littlelambseativy

Here's something else to consider.

With peoples fascination with religious icons, do you really believe Jesus would show Himself to someone who could quite possibly duplicate His likeness?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

i truely believe that unless possessed by demons all children are in jesus's likeness, and i believe there is a very good chance that jesus spoke to him and blessed him, and that all the what about's are beyond our own understanding, and i can assume that now at the age of 12 colton is probably being told to his face that he is a lie, and its sad, because when someone knows that they love god and and others who 'love god' try to tear his poor confused heart apart by telling him hes a lie, what kind of an effect will that have on his faith, and in the eye of god were dispicable for challenging wether or not a childs heartis in the ritplace. you all remind me of those who spit on jesus an called him a false prophet on his way to the cros as he cried to god theyknow not what they do. who are any of us to say that boy is not with christ, when he has only proclaimed his love forjsus, shame on all of you. my heart aches fo him, because no scholar of the bible can begin to understand what REAL truth is

our job as christians is to encourage love not tear it apart, noone seems to be openminded that there might be pieces to the puzzle missing, and i believe Jesus would want us for that reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. in the book the father was aware tht ceratain things according to the bible didnt make s he admits that, but Christ shown through his son to the point where it was undeniable that the four yr old was serious and that he was telling the truth, there are things we may not know. i truely do believe in the living word, but i also believe that there shud be no idols above Christ himself,

personaly, my faith goes beyond just the word it goes as far as knowing that there is a heaven and a hell and God. i learned to pray because the bible taught me to, but i continue to pray because i believe there is someone on the other side listtening, the word teaches us but that truth becomes alivve in me and then i walk by faith not by the proof in the wordbecauseit lives in me, and as much contradiction as there is in this iss thee isjust as much hypocracy as far as what kind of christians we are expected to live as, god calls us to be like him in heart but that doesnt give usteright to be him.

i truely believe that unless possessed by demons all children are in jesus's likeness, and i believe there is a very good chance that jesus spoke to him and blessed him, and that all the what about's are beyond our own understanding, and i can assume that now at the age of 12 colton is probably being told to his face that he is a lie, and its sad, because when someone knows that they love god and and others who 'love god' try to tear his poor confused heart apart by telling him hes a lie, what kind of an effect will that have on his faith, and in the eye of god were dispicable for challenging wether or not a childs heartis in the ritplace. you all remind me of those who spit on jesus an called him a false prophet on his way to the cros as he cried to god theyknow not what they do. who are any of us to say that boy is not with christ, when he has only proclaimed his love forjsus, shame on all of you. my heart aches fo him, because no scholar of the bible can begin to understand what REAL truth is

What kind of effect will this have on others if this is nothing more than an over active imagination and we start proclaiming it to be the truth?

What does the Word say about misleading people where the truth is concerned?

our job as christians is to encourage love not tear it apart, noone seems to be openminded that there might be pieces to the puzzle missing, and i believe Jesus would want us for that reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. in the book the father was aware tht ceratain things according to the bible didnt make s he admits that, but Christ shown through his son to the point where it was undeniable that the four yr old was serious and that he was telling the truth, there are things we may not know. i truely do believe in the living word, but i also believe that there shud be no idols above Christ himself,

I for one, do not believe there are pieces missing. Everything we need is contained within the Word.

personaly, my faith goes beyond just the word it goes as far as knowing that there is a heaven and a hell and God. i learned to pray because the bible taught me to, but i continue to pray because i believe there is someone on the other side listtening, the word teaches us but that truth becomes alivve in me and then i walk by faith not by the proof in the wordbecauseit lives in me, and as much contradiction as there is in this iss thee isjust as much hypocracy as far as what kind of christians we are expected to live as, god calls us to be like him in heart but that doesnt give usteright to be him.

No one here is trying to be God. The Word tells us to test the spirits and that's what is happening right now.

If you have scripture to back this child's story, please post it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The boy did not write the story but a pastor of a congregation. Some people who do not take time to read the Bible but will purchase the book and because of it is a pastor/minister that is writing it will accept it and not look for the truth. It is so subtly that the emergent church comes.The truth is lost in the voice of a child. What happens to the gospel?

You would read an account of an adult who had that same experience and denounce it but because it is a child it is acceptable. Why not look at the same information with the same eyes - child and adult.

Lest you say I say this is emergent - that is not what I am saying. I just say that how easily one can accept the other.

Remember, this is a pastor writing . I am sure he, the child has seen pictures in a child's Bible of the appearance of Christ. The way artists have always depicted Him. Does that mean we accept it because it was from a child? or would you accept those same words from an adult?

The point I was trying to make is this.

Often when we are first saved, in those first few days, when we know what freedom is, and our lungs feel like they are filled with helium, and we are floating, and we feel that we can conquer the world, and miracles are accepted fact, and we Love, often, the world, in the form of a "seasoned" believer, is the first to cast doubt in our minds. Not the world, another believer.

Then the world steps in, and we start seeing not through the eyes of a child, but through the glass dimly.

We then strap the gospel to our backs, instead of carrying it in our hearts.

How do I know this from personal experience?

Because I venture into areas of Africa that the World has not yet reached. And where people see Jesus through the eyes of a child. Faith is not in doubt, it is a given.

And I see miracles.

I am going to Mozambique with South (her first time), next week, and I don't hope to see miracles.

I expect them.

The world, in the case of the examination by this "book reveiwer', and others, will destroy this child, because the gospel weighs heavy on them.

And is not in their hearts.

Fez, I have seen too many miracles in my life to ever begin to deny a miracle. I have seen them and give God the glory.

This, however, I question because it is told by the father and the son /father is saying things that are not in the Bible. That is our only source off truth. Whether a child experiences it or an adult are we not to question when we see things that are not rock solid Biblical? That is our gold standard.

Do you say because it is told by a child it is accurate? Some parts may be but not all. I have read other accounts of life after death told by Maurice Rawlings who is an MD and questioned people of their experiences right after they came too. But I question the father's motives also. What about Kubler- Ross? or any of the others?

Miracles Yes I can accept. This is questionable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Test yes I agree.

But don't you think to some agree the world has also made us cynical?

Hey, even some of the churches we attend make us cynical. I am the first to admit there is a fine line to be drawn, and we must be careful not to fall ether side of it.

But I also know that the God I serve is capable of anything, and His signs, wonders and messages to us did not stop with the bible.

I mean how sad would it be if this were the case. The bible is the Word, yes, and it is truth yes.

But I believe there is more, much more, not yet revealed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Test yes I agree.

But don't you think to some agree the world has also made us cynical?

Hey, even some of the churches we attend make us cynical. I am the first to admit there is a fine line to be drawn, and we must be careful not to fall ether side of it.

But I also know that the God I serve is capable of anything, and His signs, wonders and messages to us did not stop with the bible.

I mean how sad would it be if this were the case. The bible is the Word, yes, and it is truth yes.

But I believe there is more, much more, not yet revealed.

I agree Fez.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If you have scripture to back this child's story, please post it.

Jesus looked at them and said,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,418
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1. my faith goes beyond just the word

Rom 10:17

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

NKJV

Acts 15:7-9

7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren,

you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear

the word of the gospel and believe. 8 So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving

them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them,

purifying their hearts by faith.

NKJV

John 1:1-2

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NKJV

2. the word teaches us but that truth becomes alivve in me and then i walk by

faith not by the proof in the wordbecauseit lives in me

James 1:18

18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

NKJV

John 20:30-31

30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book;

31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you

may have life in His name.

NKJV

1 Peter 1:23-25

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and

abides forever, 24 because

"All flesh is as grass,

And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass.

The grass withers,

And its flower falls away,

25 But the word of the Lord endures forever."

Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

NKJV

Matt 4:4

4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds

from the mouth of God.'"

NKJV

Love Steven