Littlelambseativy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

This kid has mixed some biblical errors in with his story so I don't see the benefit in cherry picking to see what else might be correct. The fact there are contradictions means its a fantasy and nothing else. Why are people so hesitant to hold this up to the Word and throw it out when it falls short?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Why are people so hesitant to hold this up to the Word and throw it out when it falls short?

Because people really, really want this kid's story to be true.

Why are people so hesitant to hold this up to the Word and throw it out when it falls short?

:noidea:

The revelation of heaven in the Word isn't enough?

:noidea:

The revelation of heaven in the Word isn't enough?

If all the polls are correct, most Christians don't read their Bibles very much. And some, not at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,431
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Word:

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

NKJV

I think we all better evaluate this!

In the Genesis the beginnings of all that we experience day by day came about by what?

Gen 1:1-3a

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void;

and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3a Then God said, "Let there be...

NKJV

and all that we have ever experienced in total "the corporeal" is from that Word...

but also we are told exactly what that Word consisted of:

John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without

Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

NKJV

John 1:14

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the

only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

NKJV

John 5:39-40

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

NKJV

So in all this we learn that the total of all we know has come from the Word of God "Christ Jesus" and the

Scripture embodies the whole of that knowledge that God is The Living Word that empowers the written

text so as to be able to produce life regenerating faith by the taking it in as
truth belief
belief
Belief
!!! Then in continuance

of the eating and drinking of it to sanctification of lasting works that will be glory unto Him Christ Jesus in the eternities... just a

note of reality check- if you heard the roar of a lion outside of your door and the scratching and clawing against the door would you

open it to see if it were really there? So if you have that much faith in your ears that God has created through His Word don't you

think you ought to back up just one more click and trust His Word that made those ears?

Herein the rub of reality:

So if we believe His Word... He has taught us that satan through deceit has introduced leaven in the corporeal lump of creation...

So that God through His Word has said I will burn up the cosmos and create another but only after the object lesson of why not

to disobey my Word --- Rapture, Tribulation, Armageddon, Millennial Kingdom, Great White Throne, eternal state... this is what lies

ahead of us as His Word indicates and all of it is the patient Father giving instruction through the Living Word, His Son, the why

or necessity of obedience to every Word that has proceed out of the Mouth of God

----- Here is what Candice was saying to you

John 5:40-47

40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

41 "I do not receive honor from men. 42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in My Father's

name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 44 How can you believe, who receive

honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the

Father; there is one who accuses you Moses, in whom you trust. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he

wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

NKJV

The Scriptures plainly stated a suffering Messiah but they would not accept Him... that He would be meek and lowly of heart yet

they despised His humiliation and rejected Him, yet, He taught them for three years

Luke 24:25-27

25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ

to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them

in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

NKJV

... why because what God has said in His Word will be done for God cannot lie!

God has stated things about His Heaven and the boys statements were contrary to that Scripture Now which will you hold to? The

created thing or the Creator The Word of God? It is the choice that will determine your eternity!!! I recommend Jesus Christ The Word

of God****I beg you to uphold His Word over all else even your own self****

If our Faith is made stronger by the intake of His Word (get strong by intaking it):

The very God of the Creation gave example... His Word is more important than continued life by eating bread-

because He did no stones to bread that day! After the temptations angels attended His body needs...

Matt 4:4

4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

NKJV

Christ meditated upon these Words for they spoke of Him

Ps 119:49-50

Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. 50 This is my comfort in my affliction,

For Your word has given me life.

NKJV

We wash our being within the Confines of The Word

Eph 5:26-28

26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church,

not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

NKJV

We are kept from slipping in our walk

Ps 17:4-5

4 Concerning the works of men, By the word of Your lips, I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer. 5 Uphold my steps in Your paths,

That my footsteps may not slip.

NKJV

His Word falls down upon your being in the very present

1 Cor 10:11

11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition,
upon whom the ends of the ages have come

NKJV

It is recognized only in truth as God's Holy Word apart form little boys fantasies...

1 Thess 2:13

13 For this reason we also thank God without ceasing, because when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you welcomed it

not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which also effectively works in you who believe.

NKJV

All of Isa 34 is that which dissolves the cosmos for it is sworn by His Word

Isa 34:16-17

6 'Search from the book of the Lord, and read: Not one of these shall fail; Not one shall lack her mate. For My mouth has commanded it,

and His Spirit has gathered them. 17 He has cast the lot for them, And His hand has divided it among them with a measuring line.

They shall possess it forever; From generation to generation they shall dwell in it."

NKJV

You see The Word and His Son are one as the written text is the objective witness you may hold in your hand and read or not read

it's contents... even though all of what you love is sourced in its biddings and bindings, all your hope, dreams, desires wrapped up into

an eternal promise that the Word will never fail- yet- you fail yourself, people fail around you, your wife fails you, your parents, friends

all will fail you
EXCEPT HIS WORD
... Don't you think it should have preeminence over all else? Love Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

My 3 year old granddaughter tells me stories of the shows we watch together and it

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The problem with debating this - at least my perspective as I'm seeing it - is that how one debates this begins with a presupposition of whether or not such an experience can be real.

When someone who believes before reading the account that such do not happen, it's difficult to listen to the objections.

If the poster believes God no longer speaks or gives revelation, then the debate is actually about this, not the testimony or claimed testimony.

If the objections were points that altered the Gospel, how one views salvation, turned the person towards Universalism or a false religion, etc., then I'd consider the objections. But when it comes to things like wings? No, I'm interested in straining camels, not gnats. (See, I can be Biblical!)

So, what are the "camels"?

camel.jpg

The problem with debating this - at least my perspective as I'm seeing it - is that how one debates this begins with a presupposition of whether or not such an experience can be real.

When someone who believes before reading the account that such do not happen, it's difficult to listen to the objections.

If the poster believes God no longer speaks or gives revelation, then the debate is actually about this, not the testimony or claimed testimony.

If the objections were points that altered the Gospel, how one views salvation, turned the person towards Universalism or a false religion, etc., then I'd consider the objections. But when it comes to things like wings? No, I'm interested in straining camels, not gnats. (See, I can be Biblical!)

Well Neb I don't think that is quite what is happening. No one that I can see has said it's impossible to experience God or even to visit heaven. We are just saying it's impossible to be genuine AND contradict the Word. If this was a testimony with no contradictions I'd likely believe it.