IGNORED

Did you see the TIME article, "Is Hell Dead"?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Fresh off the newstands on the week that many call holy, TIME magazine does an article on Rob Bell's book "Love Wins". Did you read it and what is the impression that you got from your read?

Ah

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;

but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Shucks

Bell, a tall, 40-year-old son of a Michigan federal judge, begs to differ. He suggests that the redemptive work of Jesus may be universal — meaning that, as his book's subtitle puts it, "every person who ever lived" could have a place in heaven, whatever that turns out to be. Such a simple premise, but with Easter at hand, this slim, lively book has ignited a new holy war in Christian circles and beyond. When word of Love Wins reached the Internet, one conservative Evangelical pastor, John Piper, tweeted, "Farewell Rob Bell," unilaterally attempting to evict Bell from the Evangelical community. R. Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, says Bell's book is "theologically disastrous. Any of us should be concerned when a matter of theological importance is played with in a subversive way." In North Carolina, a young pastor was fired by his church for endorsing the book.

Read more: http://www.time.com/...l#ixzz1KAkkCPaB

I Wonder

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;

but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

For Whom

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him:

the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. John 12:47-48

The Bell Tolls

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:

for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it:

and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day:

for there shall be no night there.

And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

~

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,

neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie:

but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:22-27

Humm

For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:35-36

Love Wins

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

One thing I learned a long time ago... listen to God and not mere men. Even if it's pastor Aloysius Gump from Clearview Bapticostal Missionary Church and barbershop...

God's say so trumps all.

Acts 17:11 (NIV)

11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

How much less credible is an unsaved mere mortal source.

Jesus made a very very poignant statement I fear most have overlooked.

Matthew 16:13-23 (NIV)

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was *NOT* revealed to you by man, *BUT* by my Father in heaven.

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

20 Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do *NOT* have in mind the things of God, *BUT* the things of men.”

In other words the mind of man is the mind of satan. How poignant is that!

Edited by JohnDB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Lets see the recent events concerning the New Age church.

In 2011, The New England Church is to host a New Age festival. The event is to include tarot card readers, crystal healers, dream interpretation, meditation experts, fortune tellers and healers at the day long festival. Rev Nigel McCullough said he wanted to celebrate 'all forms of spirituality.' Anglican leaders in the historic Manchester Cathedral announced they were embracing alternative forms of Christianity.

Meanwhile, on the homefront, Pastor Rob Bell of the Mars Hill Bible Church wrote, Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived. In it Rob espouses the belief that every person who ever lived could have a place in heaven.

Rev Albert Mohler Jr., president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary says about Bell's book, "When you adopt universalism and erase the distinction between the church and the world, then you don't need the cross. This is the tragedy of nonjudgmental mainline liberalism...

It is not that this is any kind of new viewpoint, what is bothersome is the liberal media giving it such attention. The Christian Community will continue to be bombarded with such demonic teachings until it is only recognizable as Belial's church and then the Lawless One will be enthroned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

One thing I learned a long time ago... listen to God and not mere men. Even if it's pastor Aloysius Gump from Clearview Bapticostal Missionary Church and barbershop...

God's say so trumps all.

Especially when the mere men are speaking through such a broken vessel as TIME magazine :b:

Blessings!

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

what is the impression that you got from your read?

That Rob Bell is a false teacher and has the spirit of Antichrist.