IGNORED

Gospel of Greed-Exposing the Lifestyles of TV Ministers

wyguy

Guest shiloh357

Yes, I remember this last December, I was wating for another program to come on, and Pastor Rod Parsely was making a plea for money because he was told by his accountants and finance professionals that the ministry was $1.6 Million in the red for year's end because of the economy. He was almost sobbing that he did not want to have to cut vital minstiries to orphanages, pregancy care centers, sending food and medicine to the Sudan, etc. But if they did not make up for this short fall, it would jeopardize these ministries.

I sat there thinking, "Parsely, you could cut a check from your own personal bank account and take of this yourself. The man pulls in millions of $$ per year. $1.6 Milloin is drop in the bucket for him, but he is on TV threating to cut aid to the poor and needy if his viewers don't send him $1.6 Million.

I was offended at the gaul. I can't work up the nerve to ask to borrow a dollar for a coke. I cannot imagine the nerve it must take to ask for that amount of money, particularly when it is within one's own power to meet the need.

The big thing though is that he was promising that this gift would result in financial breakthroughs for those who gave. God is going to get you that new job, or that new house or God is going to see to it that you are healed or that your loved ones will get saved.

I really do not have a lot of grace for people who preach that stuff.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah it is sad and pathetic all in the same. I watched a special about a charlatan on tv who gets up on stage, starts swinging his jacket and and he is suppose to be weilding the Spirit when he does. Then this cat spends around $1500 to as much as $5000 a night traveling around the world and staying in the most expensive rooms leaving $250 tips left and right?! He sits there and says he nevers lies while at the same time they are spewing from his mouth. I am thinking...man, this is sad, so many people truly come to their ministries dillgently seeking the Lord only to have this gross display be given as an example. In truth we should pray for them, but it is also completely disheartening to see them on pedestals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sound familiar???

Matthew 19:20-22

The young man said to Him,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

The Gospel of Greed - Exposing the Lifestyles of TV Ministers

They are some of the most popular TV preachers in the country, packing their mega churches each week and taking in millions every year. They urge the faithful followers to donate generously and in return the Lord will bring them prosperity.

There's no denying some people have prospered handsomely