• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1974

That is a very interesting point Tony and there is quite a large amount of scripture to support that. I do have a question however. At the beginning of your post, you said that you do believe you can give up your salvation. At the end, you said that you cant give it away and God will not allow it to be taken. Just for clarification, were there differences?

I believe that My salvation can be given up by me. Taken? As in by another force? no. Salvation is A gift. A gift can be taken or refused. Its like the bologna that your soul can be taken....or inadvertantly be given up. My soul doesnt belong to me, it belongs to God...I cant give it away and God will not allow it to be taken.

Can you loose your salvation? Once you have recieved Christ in your life, can your salvation be taken back by your actions? What if you are a Christian, claim to accept Christ and yet have an affair on your spouse? What if you struggle with lust or are having pre-marital sex. What if you simply accept Christ, yet it's party all the time? Can you still claim to be a Christian? Can you still say you know the lord? Is it possible to have once been saved, yet not be saved anymore?

There are those in the church that believe this is in fact possible. That you can loose your salvation. There are others that believe that you cannot loose it, God doesnt take it away but you can in fact "give it up".

Read my latest examiner article. It investigates each of these claims.

http://www.examiner.com/christianity-in-west-palm-beach/dear-fearful-is-it-possible-to-loose-your-salvation-read-on

What do you believe. Can you loose salvation? Can you surrender it? Once you have it, is it yours for all time? Post what you think and dont forget to check out the article.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Fantastic One Light. Then that post would be for anyone ELSE who would like to read it.

I just want to remind you guys that this thread was based on an article I wrote for the Examiner. In this article, I do argue that it is not possible to lose your salvation but sin has its own set of consequences. If you are interested, please check it out. It might either give you a new perspective or something to argue.

http://www.examiner.com/christianity-in-west-palm-beach/dear-fearful-is-it-possible-to-loose-your-salvation-read-on

I do believe we have the jest of your article, and that some of us have already read it.

Why not post it here? Is there some sort of copyright that will not allow you to post it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Why not post it here? Is there some sort of copyright that will not allow you to post it?

I think he gets points and or paid for each unique visit.

Very interesting take. I believe however that you cannot in fact lose or forfit your salvation. I think that both John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 are very clear that the only condition to your salvation is that you "believe" and that you "accept" it. I do argue in the article that it is not possible for you to surrender something that was a gift given to you. However, that does not mean sin does not have consequences.

Thank you also for your comment regarding the examiner article. I've been doing the articles for 2 months and ive been posting here for one month. So far, combined in that time, I made a total of $1.50, total. Believe me when I tell you, I post for the love of the godly conversation and that is also the reason I write.

Wonderful To Have Another Brother Fellowshipping At Worthy (Even One Sporting An Occasional Splash Or Two Of Printer's Ink)

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Very interesting take. I believe however that you cannot in fact lose or forfit your salvation. I think that both John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 are very clear that the only condition to your salvation is that you "believe" and that you "accept" it. I do argue in the article that it is not possible for you to surrender something that was a gift given to you. However, that does not mean sin does not have consequences.

Thank you also for your comment regarding the examiner article. I've been doing the articles for 2 months and ive been posting here for one month. So far, combined in that time, I made a total of $1.50, total. Believe me when I tell you, I post for the love of the godly conversation and that is also the reason I write.

Wonderful To Have Another Brother Fellowshipping At Worthy (Even One Sporting An Occasional Splash Or Two Of Printer's Ink)

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalms 133:1

I agree and I have no problem supporting his ministry by clicking on his links to read his articles. I was just answering OneLight about why Luke22 doesn't post his full articles.

Death

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12

Life

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:18-19

"Punished by our sins".........Really? You honestly believe that?

Seems

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

So

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17

Work Work Work

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13-15

Or Cleave To Jesus

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Be Very Blessed

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

Well....yes and no. I write for the examiner mostly for the love of it. So far, I've been writing for 4 months and made ...$2.00. I enjoy the writing aspect of it and the faith based content. I also enjoy the back and forth and comments regarding the topics here on Worth Forums. So I post the link. Those who would like to read the article can, if they wish not to do it, they can simply pass and join in what they know about the topic from here.

I think he gets points and or paid for each unique visit.

Thank you both!

I agree and I have no problem supporting his ministry by clicking on his links to read his articles. I was just answering OneLight about why Luke22 doesn't post his full articles.

Guest shiloh357

I just want to remind you guys that this thread was based on an article I wrote for the Examiner. In this article, I do argue that it is not possible to lose your salvation but sin has its own set of consequences. If you are interested, please check it out. It might either give you a new perspective or something to argue.

Agreed!

"We are punished by our sins, not for them"

"Punished by our sins"........Really? You honestly believe that?

In the sense that Fez intended, yes. Sins have built in consequences. If you drink excessively, you risk liver cancer; If you drink excessively and get behind the wheel, you could kill someone and go to prison. If you mess around sexuallly, you risk diseases galore, etc.

So in one sins you are "punished by your sins." Much of the pain we endure is self-inflicted through our own bad choices. Too often the devil is not to blame; it is we ourselves, who through self-destructive habits and appetites, bring our own world crashing down around our ears.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Shiloh said "You have not studied Eternal Security but yet you feel you are qualified to sit in judgment on those who believe it as if we think this is a rose colored world where life is easy and we get a free pass on sin?"

Why do you represent me and not bring in my word