Fez

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead.

Did you know that lymphocytes (B-cells and T-cells) are each specific to a certain antigen (macromolecules that elicit an immune response in the body - i.e. virus, bacteria), but they are made before the cell ever encounters an antigen?

Precursor T-cells themselves are actually produced in utero and infancy.

What you said reminds me of this.

As it happens...I didn't. :cool:

But I knew the language I used might elicit a medical response from you sis.

OK - I think the fate of the Garden of Eden and the two trees are all speculative. :online2long:

Yes Neb, but IMO you'd be surprised at the huge mountains of truth and revelation you come across as you take tentative steps down the path of righteous speculation....I think much of the way we use our brain when trying to unravel the word of G-d involves a degree of speculation that the Spirit re-directs and from which He establishes/exposes truths that we consume and become part of us. :cowboy:

True, but it would be more beneficial if people would say, "I believe" or "I suspect" or the like rather than, "This is what happened."

It's a pet peeve I've developed in my study of science. More scientists and science teachers should teach, "It is believed that," rather than, "It is," because most of what we "know" is confirmed hypothesis rather than cold hard "proven truth," and almost anything we believe as the way it is can be found incorrect with the right experiment of discovery.

(But that's a rabbit trail from this discussion; just pointing out a principle.)

I think the very nature of this thread lends itself to a few rabbit trails. :)

I agree that when offering up unconfirmed ideas it should be done on the basis of possibility....I wasn't aware that anyone here was promoting the idea that they had inside information on some of these things...I think some scientists will use the words hypothesis and theory to cover their backs and conform to the language of science and their peers, but the reality is that many truly believe the theories they espouse.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I agree that when offering up unconfirmed ideas it should be done on the basis of possibility....I wasn't aware that anyone here was promoting the idea that they had inside information on some of these things...I think some scientists will use the words hypothesis and theory to cover their backs and conform to the language of science and their peers, but the reality is that many truly believe the theories they espouse.

OK. Well, some may use the words, but it's hardly heard.

"The universe is 13-14 billion years old," for example.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead.

Did you know that lymphocytes (B-cells and T-cells) are each specific to a certain antigen (macromolecules that elicit an immune response in the body - i.e. virus, bacteria), but they are made before the cell ever encounters an antigen?

Precursor T-cells themselves are actually produced in utero and infancy.

What you said reminds me of this.

As it happens...I didn't. :cool:

But I knew the language I used might elicit a medical response from you sis.

LOL - yeah.

I just thought it interesting to see the principle reflected in our bodies.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Alrighty then :blink:

The one main issue that I have with this whole thread was that God doesn't judge justly. There is no justice apart from God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Both, no need to dichotomise the choice here. Adam died spiritually when he sinned, and his body began to die, coming to complete death 930 years later.

So that brings about a question, 930 from what. When did Adam's body begin to age, the day he ate or the day he was created.

Curious question. I guess it doesn't really change much about our understanding of Genesis, but I hazard a guess that it was not very long in the scheme of things from Adam's creation to his fall. Certainly compared to 930 years I'd imagine it would be infinitesimal.

Typically though, we measure age as time since birth to death. I'd say it was measured from when he was born, not from when he started to die...

But don't quote me, this is all wild speculation :).

Genesis says that Adam was created and lived 930 years. I understand this timeframe as existence. The only reason Adam died at all is that he sinned.

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead. It is an awesome revelation of the love of G-d to us through the on-going effective work of redemption through the blood of the Lamb....and re-iterates that He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Indeed, the solution was planned before the problem even manifest itself, praise God :wub:. Before we called, He answered (Isaiah, somewhere?)

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

It makes you realise that when you foul things up, sin and make mistakes, G-d has already provided the salve to heal the wound, because there is indeed a balm in Gilead. It is an awesome revelation of the love of G-d to us through the on-going effective work of redemption through the blood of the Lamb....and re-iterates that He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Indeed, the solution was planned before the problem even manifest itself, praise God :wub:. Before we called, He answered (Isaiah, somewhere?)

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:24

Amen!

:emot-highfive:

OK. Well, some may use the words, but it's hardly heard.

"The universe is 13-14 billion years old," for example.

Yep, I'm the same when I hear such statements....I just join in the Heavenly laughter. :24:

Alrighty then :blink:

The one main issue that I have with this whole thread was that God doesn't judge justly. There is no justice apart from God.

Hi 4....can you elaborate, sounds interesting, but I'm not quite sure what you are getting at or whose posts you are addressing?