~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

For Christians, there should be a guiding principle in our lives, that all we do and say and support should glorify the Lord and uphold His ways. Thus in considering matters of policy, the impact to the bottom line and how well liked it is by society, must play a secondary role to the way and will of the Lord. Our lives testify of our Lord. Someone once said,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sister,

I wrote a blog entry earlier, as you well know, and in it's opening salvo and inaugural post I mentioned just what you are modeling in real life.:wub:

Our Faith should challenge us, not everything we've been taught or adhere to are neccesarily the Truth, and that we should fear and revere the Lord. He's a wild, dangerous, and untame Lion, but He is Good.

Love ya Lucy.:emot-hug:

P.S. The Capitalist system doesn't work either unless it is governed by moral hearts.:thumbsup:

P.S. The Capitalist system doesn't work either unless it is governed by moral hearts.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: exactly.

I do agree...but only to a degree.

Assuming one has moral hearts in both types of systems, the capitalist one allows for people to help each other.

I do agree...but only to a degree.

Assuming one has moral hearts in both types of systems, the capitalist one allows for people to help each other.

I agree, but it's a rather large assumption.

The Capitalist system doesn't work either unless it is governed by moral hearts.:thumbsup:

That was the same assumption that the founders had when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. It was designed only for a "religious and moral people", I believe the saying was.

The Capitalist system doesn't work either unless it is governed by moral hearts.:thumbsup:

That was the same assumption that the founders had when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. It was designed only for a "religious and moral people", I believe the saying was.

OK so now that the majority are not regenerated, what now? :noidea:

I think the removal of welfare is going to hurt a lot of people, but as it currently stands it facilitates attitudes in people that are sinful and not His way or His will, and if I am to be consistent, can no longer be supported. This doesn't mean I support pure capitalism, with it's trend towards large monopolies and greed. I don't and still see a valuable role for regulation. It just means that I withdraw support for welfare in the way that it currently stands.

I think you're right about the removal of welfare is going to hurt -- but it should be a short term hurt. Many may find it quite difficult for awhile while other won't. They may even be riots as happened in Greece when the government there announced cuts. I think many will do okay after awhile, though. For example: I know a couple of folks who have been on unemployment benefits for the last few months and now the "bennies" have expired. It was amazing how quickly both got jobs when faced with either homelessness or starvation! :) They are not the most glamorous jobs, but they are working and making more than when they were on the dole.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the one thing that will change people's hearts. The laziness and all that tend to leave once Jesus gets hold of a person, and then they won't need welfare for long, if at all. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I wrote a blog entry earlier,

Where is your blog?

OK so now that the majority are not regenerated, what now? :noidea:

Well, it would seem either the Gospel needs to be preached more, or the nation will go the way of other gentile nations in history when God was finished with them. Any nation or society that flaunts God's law will suffer for it.