Sanctified Transgression

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

What do you mean by sanctified trangression? I'm sad for lying on something just to help some people dear to me.. When I confided this to my sister, she said what I did is a sanctified transgression 'cause I made them to help the poorest of the poor.... Can you help me figure this out, please? Please pray for me, too.......

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1953

I can't understand what you are asking. I tried to look up sanctified transgression, and couldn't find anything.

If your conscience is bothering you, it sounds like your helpful lie might have more serious consequences than telling someone they look great when they don't.

So you may have some cleaning up to do. I'll pray for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Are you taking about using deception in a good way, like what Jehu did to the prophets of Baal in 2 Ki 10?

Are you taking about using deception in a good way, like what Jehu did to the prophets of Baal in 2 Ki 10?

~Candice~: Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say..... Another example is Rebekah... and when Jacob deceptively gained the blessing of Isaac..

Jodetoad: Thank you... I need prayers...

~Candice~: Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say..... Another example is Rebekah... and when Jacob deceptively gained the blessing of Isaac..

Hey :emot-hug: don't you just hate those catch 22 situations?

I am very very hesitant to lie to bring about a greater gain, and the Spirit would have to be screaming at me like a banshee in order for me to defend my actions if I did it. However, I do believe there is scope in scripture, as we saw with Jehu, to (with absolutely pure motive, and direction from Him) lie in order to do what He commands.

One place this has been discussed is whether or not we would tell the truth if there were a Jew hiding in our house during the holocaust. Would we lie to save a life? Probably, yes, but we would check our motives so often to make sure they were of Him, becoming almost paranoid about taking grace for granted.

So yes, I think "sanctified transgression" may exist, but very rarely and not something that should form a regular part of our Christian experience.

I'll probably be crucified for saying this :cool:.

God bless

I am very very hesitant to lie to bring about a greater gain, and the Spirit would have to be screaming at me like a banshee in order for me to defend my actions if I did it. However, I do believe there is scope in scripture, as we saw with Jehu, to (with absolutely pure motive, and direction from Him) lie in order to do what He commands.

One place this has been discussed is whether or not we would tell the truth if there were a Jew hiding in our house during the holocaust. Would we lie to save a life? Probably, yes, but we would check our motives so often to make sure they were of Him, becoming almost paranoid about taking grace for granted.

So yes, I think "sanctified transgression" may exist, but very rarely and not something that should form a regular part of our Christian experience.

God bless

Got your point.. Thank you, ~Candice~ - May God bless you..

This thread might help:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

God bless

Not at all.

Imo you display great wisdom.

I have learned a lot from the story of Nabal and Abigail (1 Samuel 25)

Motives are everything.

However, like you, I'm not too sure about giving labels such as "sanctified transgression" as all too often an exception, once labelled, can become a doctrine.

But I certainly recognise that sometimes the general rule needs to be broken if truth is to be established and/or maintained.

It's a bit like Jesus and "the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath." And also Jesus use of a whip to drive the money changers out of the temple.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

What do you mean by sanctified trangression? I'm sad for lying on something just to help some people dear to me.. When I confided this to my sister, she said what I did is a sanctified transgression 'cause I made them to help the poorest of the poor.... Can you help me figure this out, please? Please pray for me, too.......

I surely don't know what the issue here is, but as to the term: "sanctified transgression", I am supposing she meant that one who is sanctified (set apart for God) should not violate that high calling and lie about something. That is a transgresssion of the blessing of God.

- Seriousseeker

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Catch 22 to be sure.

"Let your answer be yes, yes, or no, no"

Or is this out of context?